• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni's diet log

Oh and I worked out some total gangster shit with manipulating insulin on a keto diet.
I'll type it up at some point, the whole point of a carb up is that the insulin spike refills your glycogen levels BUT I think I've worked out a better, more efficient way. I'll be testing this out after my meet and want to make sure that it works first.

The general premise is using foods from the insulin index that cause a big rise in insulin and playing around with amounts so that you get the right amount and having them pre-training, deliberately sending yourself hypo then eating a small amount of carbs (10-20g) with an assload of saturated fats, most likely in the form of frozen blueberries covered in whipping cream as that is the fucking shit. This is eaten during your training session and is very light on the stomach. Yeah I am sure someone will be super pissed off when I do this but oh well. If all goes to plan, clinical studies have shown that I should get super fucking insulin sensitive for 2 hours post workout and with regular carb/protein refeeds should extend up to 6 hours. I'd need to figure out how to plan the refeeds though as eating carbs would be an issue on a keto diet.

This is pretty much just the 1% though. I'll need to be pretty lean and have all my shit in order FIRST otherwise I doubt I'd notice a difference

Links to clinical studies not loading.
:p

Tim.

Give me a few moments and I'll dig them out lol.
I think the blueberries and cream would be a bad idea now researching this a bit more. There is a better way- glutamine! No carbs or fats, and it's great for refilling glycogen. I don't really like the idea of spiking my insulin then eating fats to be honest.

I'll probably start off at 5g of glutamine as I am training with some BCAAs... then ramp up the glutamine and see if it makes any difference.

Blueberries and Greek yoghurt taste nice. That's good enough for me.

I wonder if the blueberries want to be eaten.

Blueberries and Greek yoghurt taste nice. That's good enough for me.

I wonder if the blueberries want to be eaten.

Yes that is why they are tasty and have a seed in the middle lol so we poop them out and then they grow some other place in a high nitrate fertiliser

Finally hit overtraining syndrome the last 2 days.
On Monday and Tuesday I could only get 2 hours of sleep. I also kept my wings in the freezer bag when I defrosted them and they turned bad- but I ate them anyway because only the bag smelt, and not the wings. So I had a few GI issues and most likely didn't absorb all the nutrients. This is better now.
Had OK sleep Wednesday and Thursday but still feeling lethargic. Today I couldn't do my morning deadlift workout. My HR was well over 150 so I did maybe 10 total reps with 165kg then left.

As a result, I am making recovery a priority at the moment. Taking ibuprofen today every few hours. Also spicing my food differently so that my diet is more anti-inflammatory. As such, today and Sunday I'll be flavouring my wings as following:

Marinade:
Soy sauce, garlic, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger

Rubbing:
Piri Piri

I'll be posting this recipe with pictures tomorrow. Not going to do morning deadlifting again until Monday. I am going to review my calories and macros on Sunday as well. Most likely going to decrease my total volume of chicken wings and instead increase eggs. I'll be snacking on egg whites (scrambled) throughout the day on my low calorie days and whole on my higher calorie days.

I am also ditching my weekly carb up, as I doubt that it's having any effect on refilling my glycogen at all. As such, today instead of cheating it will be laid out as following:

5 whole eggs scrambled in lard post morning training and lunch
1kg wings with 5 whole eggs in lard
250g frozen blueberries in 150ml warm, thickened cream with cinnamon

New diet
150g fat
300g protein

MONDAY AND THURSDAY:
Lunch: 5 scrambled eggs- 25g fat, 30g protein
Dinner: 800g wings- 128g fat, 144g protein
Shakes: 4, 30g shakes.

TUESDAY:
Lunch: 5 scrambled egg whites- 20g protein
Dinner: 950g wings- 152g fat, 171g protein
Shakes: 4, 30g shakes

WEDNESDAY AND SUNDAY:
Lunch: 425g wings- 68g fat, 76.5g protein
Dinner: 1kg mince- 150g fat, 190g protein
Shakes: 1, 30g shake

FRIDAY:
Throughout the day: 15 scrambled eggs- 75g fat, 90g protein
Dinner: 800g wings- 128g fat, 144g protein
Pudding: 250g frozen blueberries, 150ml thickenend cream- 350g fat, 20g protein, 65g carbs

SATURDAY:
Throughout the day: 15 scrambled egg whites- 60g protein
Shakes: 5, 30g shakes

COST:
4kg wings = $8
1kg mince = $5
250g blueberries = $2.25
200ml cream = $0.50
45 eggs = $10.50
Total weekly: $26.25
Fortnightly: $52.5
Monthly: $105

Shifting my meals around so that I eat during the day helps a lot
I felt terrible on Friday morning but in the afternoon I matched my jump squat PB of 140kg (double bodyweight) and the height on it was better than before. I then shrugged 220kg for a few sets of 3 and worked up to a 9 plate hand and thigh lift (380kg) which broke my right strap after holding it at the top for a 5 count.