• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
saw a 60kg female crossfitter doing perfect form squats on 70kg, in line with her near perfect ass.

She told me she could do a 100kg for a single.

Went to the gym this evening. Was so packed ive never seen it like this in 2 years!!

Did legs and omg i was the only person training legs, was great!

Also some dude has been doing the most messed up thing. 20kg dumbells heaving them arms out like he wanted to do rear delts but was standing vertical. Waving around likea seagull fark me

Was last night, almost popped a vessle.
Walk in to do legs and sure enough there is 3 17yo anorexics doing biceps curls in the squat rack, the other rack was being used by a guy doing DLs, fair enough. There is a selection of straight bars and EZ bars already set up in in racks and 4 machines, 2 pin loaded and 2 c/weight curl machs. Not to mention bars and weights of various sizes to choose from that can be set up anywhere and a wall full of dumbbells to train arms with, but no it had to be done in the squat rack, with a 10kg plate on each end. Must be some new age training technique, us old school grunters wouldn't understand.
So I wait, finally finish my sets and move to the hack squat press to blow up the quads a bit and the anorexics beat me to it by about 10 seconds, to do calves, reversed, front resting on the back pad and moving 1" up and down. Not happy again.
We have 4 available machines for that, 2 sitting and 2 standing all hitting from slightly different angles, but no it had to be the hack squat machine. Must have been something wrong with the other 4 calf machines or they are so far advanced in the science of muscle training that mainstream excercises are just too outdated for them.

To top it of, they stood around the press talking and lifting the legs of their weird Alibaba tracksuit pants to check the instant growth progress of their new age, cutting edge exercise. Did a set every 4-6 minutes.

I am all for young new commers joining this "sport", we were all in thier shoes at some point, but why do they insist on ignoring equpment specific for what they are training and using equipment that is designed entirely for another excercise? My gym offers free program and training plans with an instructor for all new mwmbers, so they can get familiar and ask about anything they are not sure about. But these guys are already a step ahead of the majority of the gym population and onto "revolutionary" techniques.
And what happened to gym etiquette?

Well, thats my bitch for the day, phew, feel better now!

@GRUNTA Your to nice mate, i would have "politely" told them to fuck off out of the rack so I could actually utilize it for what it was intended for, OR walk over to the rack and throw your gym bag and towel etc. on the ground and tell them your going to work in with them and start setting the rack up for squats... have done this on several occasions if im forced to train in a commercial gym, their reactions are usually quite amusing.

Training in the on base gym at 0430 in the morning leaves me pretty much exactly like Bradders :D

Went this morning and looks like three year 12 students were there too, all talking, i had me headphones on.. i just load up the bar and get to work, one of them does one set while i do 3, then i start on some rows, another one does one set on a machine, i finish my rows and get on the bench and press 70 kilos or so, the third one tries out the cable machine about 10 tries...

I am like '... was i ever that green?' on the way to work i lol'd

Then i saw this chick in yoga pants and some more lycra for her top walking her dog.. she was fkn fine. no where to stop on the road to kidnap her though :(

Went this morning and looks like three year 12 students were there too, all talking, i had me headphones on.. i just load up the bar and get to work, one of them does one set while i do 3, then i start on some rows, another one does one set on a machine, i finish my rows and get on the bench and press 70 kilos or so, the third one tries out the cable machine about 10 tries...

I am like '... was i ever that green?' on the way to work i lol'd

Then i saw this chick in yoga pants and some more lycra for her top walking her dog.. she was fkn fine. no where to stop on the road to kidnap her though :(

Pretty sure we were all that green, but hopefully without the stupid looking Alibaba track suit pants.

two guys stopped me yesterday and started quizing me on shoulder excercises and what they should be doing as they are new to the gym. made me feel pretty good as it may mean that i look like i know what im doing haha.

Was just at a sports store and overheard a customer ask the attendant for "wrist wraps" because he wants to do "powerlifting type stuff". The attendant sold him the same cotton wraps I used to use for boxing, nearly 2m long...

Sheila getting out of her car as we pulled up at the gym, chain smoked 2 ciggies then proceeded to Body Attack Class......

Well the gym had its roller door open this morning, so looking out between squat sets were a dozen or so chicks doing their crossfit class... fkn nice.

Dude doing weighted crunches on a BOSU ball. Did his 1st crunch and when returning to the start position he lost balance, toppled off the back of the BOSU and somersaulted into the wall.

I wanna get the security vid. Fkn hilarious!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Dude doing weighted crunches on a BOSU ball. Did his 1st crunch and when returning to the start position he lost balance, toppled off the back of the BOSU and somersaulted into the wall.

I wanna get the security vid. Fkn hilarious!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Bahaha... dude couldn't wait to get off... feel the burn... :D