• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah it is like one of the PTs' at a gym I used to go to, they advertised this on Sheila as a nutritional expert with some degree or whatever it was, she obviously didnt praxticed what she preached coz she was a sloth.....

I saw three douchebags (middle aged by the way) quarter pressing dumbells obviously ten times too heavy with double spotters and dropping them from pretty much head height.

Saw the same dudes gobsmacked when I told them to pull their heads in, its obviously too heavy, you're not fooling anybody.

Yeah it is like one of the PTs' at a gym I used to go to, they advertised this on Sheila as a nutritional expert with some degree or whatever it was, she obviously didnt praxticed what she preached coz she was a sloth.....

I remember in the late 80's walking into a martial arts class, where this fat bald old guy was teaching a class of about 25 black belts, including state and national champions up to about 5th dan.

I bet he could not do half the stuff he was teaching, but fuck me did he have some kick arse students, I was awestruck just watching:)

So someone does not need to look like a buff body builder or fitness model to know what they are doing and may be be a great teacher/instructor/coach.

I remember in the late 80's walking into a martial arts class, where this fat bald old guy was teaching a class of about 25 black belts, including state and national champions up to about 5th dan.

I bet he could not do half the stuff he was teaching, but fuck me did he have some kick arse students, I was awestruck just watching:)

So someone does not need to look like a buff body builder or fitness model to know what they are doing and may be be a great teacher/instructor/coach.

You might be a little quick to judge there... pot-belly and all...

My old sensei was a few inces shorter than me (and I'm a short ass) had to wear glasses that were as thick as double glazing and had a limp.

But once he went into sensei mode and class began and we were sparring, not even the larger black belts in our dojo could hold him off. He was a solid as pocket rocket. Like a pit bull and yet to look at him most would've concluded he was some accountant type dude...

I saw three douchebags (middle aged by the way) quarter pressing dumbells obviously ten times too heavy with double spotters and dropping them from pretty much head height.

Saw the same dudes gobsmacked when I told them to pull their heads in, its obviously too heavy, you're not fooling anybody.

Yeah.. see this on a regular occurrence... of all age groups.

Cracks me up. They get out a 1/3 r.o.m. set of heavy dumbbell curls or whatever and throw down chests pushed out like they own the joint!

My old sensei was a few inces shorter than me (and I'm a short ass) had to wear glasses that were as thick as double glazing and had a limp.

But once he went into sensei mode and class began and we were sparring, not even the larger black belts in our dojo could hold him off. He was a solid as pocket rocket. Like a pit bull and yet to look at him most would've concluded he was some accountant type dude...

You could be right there, never saw the guy do anything except train people when I was there.

Sounds like a lot of these senseis' are the same, my mate who is a 4th dan black belt in karate is like this, short asian bloke, early 40's look like he couldnt hurt a fly or fight his way out of a wet tissue bag, but get him on the mats and you better look out, no-one is safe....

So far this week have seen guy doing tricep pushdowns on a bosu ball and another chap doing behind the back wrist curls in the powerrack

Guy loaded the bar up tried to MP, half a rep with ridiculous form, smashes it down rips his belt off then struts off like a boss.. every single time

He's a dick but my god its entertaining