• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A PT trying to teach an absolute beginner how to power clean, shrug and deadlift when he hasn't really learned how to do them properly himself. Teaching the guy to roll his shoulders back on the deadlifts and shrugs ..

PT teaching this poor bloke what appears to be a good morning with bent legs. Turns out he was coaching the squat, lmao. I just could not fathom what was going on there, 30kg accompanied by a great deal of groaning, sweat, and wobbly knees.

PT teaching this poor bloke what appears to be a good morning with bent legs. Turns out he was coaching the squat, lmao. I just could not fathom what was going on there, 30kg accompanied by a great deal of groaning, sweat, and wobbly knees.

Srs? ... sounds like a one way ticket to back pain :eek:

Poor bastard.

A PT trying to teach an absolute beginner how to power clean, shrug and deadlift when he hasn't really learned how to do them properly himself. Teaching the guy to roll his shoulders back on the deadlifts and shrugs ..

God I hate seeing that. Once I saw a guy who actually seemed to have some natural affinity for cleans, then I hear the trainer say 'no, pull with your arms more!'

*smacks forehead*

2 guys, taking up two racks, one doing curls the other upright rows - both with nothing but the bar.

Fuck.

Thank god my gym has 4 racks...

*smacks forehead*

2 guys, taking up two racks, one doing curls the other upright rows - both with nothing but the bar.

Fuck.

Thank god my gym has 4 racks...

Oh dear.

I saw a bloke using a rack today to do crunches. He obviously wanted a bit of space and that was his preferred spot to lay his exercise mat.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Guy walks in, does a few sets of dumbbell curls, then dumbbell presses, then goes to the seated military press, puts the bar on his back and does something that resembles crunches, sitting down. Then goes over to the bench press and does inverted rows on it..

Not at a gym...but a wedding...
A powerlifters wedding lol.

Anyway. Chatting with a bodybuilder for a good portion of the night, good bloke, great attitude. Loves squats. Young fella joins us at the table for some training talk (something we had more or less avoided all night haha), all good.
Starts asking for some advice, says hes not growing etc.
Bodybuilder asks for his current routine, kid hands him his phone...BB guy says almost immediately "where the DL's and squats? - there one million arm and chest movements and a few isolation back and leg movements, but wheres the big ones mate?".

But..err...but...

"Mate. You need the big shit.".

He walked away after that...hopefully enlightened a little.

:p

Tim.

Not at a gym...but a wedding...
A powerlifters wedding lol.

Anyway. Chatting with a bodybuilder for a good portion of the night, good bloke, great attitude. Loves squats. Young fella joins us at the table for some training talk (something we had more or less avoided all night haha), all good.
Starts asking for some advice, says hes not growing etc.
Bodybuilder asks for his current routine, kid hands him his phone...BB guy says almost immediately "where the DL's and squats? - there one million arm and chest movements and a few isolation back and leg movements, but wheres the big ones mate?".

But..err...but...

"Mate. You need the big shit.".

He walked away after that...hopefully enlightened a little.

:p

Tim.

Everybody wants a cake with the squiggly icing and the sprinkles and layers and lettering. Nobody wants to bake the bloody sponge first.

Few things of note today

1) a guy using a 25kg squat bar to do rack pull partials (as in, the bar was set at his knees, he lifted it about 2 inches then came back down again - for reps)

2) a 67.5kg girl deadlift 143kg for 18 reps non-stop

3) met a female lifter who deadlifts 230 + @ 80kg raw

Few things of note today

1) a guy using a 25kg squat bar to do rack pull partials (as in, the bar was set at his knees, he lifted it about 2 inches then came back down again - for reps)

2) a 67.5kg girl deadlift 143kg for 18 reps non-stop

3) met a female lifter who deadlifts 230 + @ 80kg raw

Hmm back to training tonight for me then!!

In my gym was this chick again whos fb account i found and linked, we got chatting some. She's nice.

Saw two guys on a smith machine together lifting 160kg - side by side. It looked very weird.