• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
the hamburgler is correct,
was just a fun day i seem to feel my chest is lacking lately especially upper so it was a bit of a funday started with upper chest consistently minimal rest 30sec max between sets and after going to flat my body couldnt take it, i guess it would be a bit more than 80kg it was a thick bar in comparison to 90lb dumbells when i was doing incline

the hamburgler is correct,
was just a fun day i seem to feel my chest is lacking lately especially upper so it was a bit of a funday started with upper chest consistently minimal rest 30sec max between sets and after going to flat my body couldnt take it, i guess it would be a bit more than 80kg it was a thick bar in comparison to 90lb dumbells when i was doing incline

Do you think incline bench is helping to build your upper chest? I only can / have done flat bench so im just curious. Plus where are said geordie photos?

Quick anatomy pop quiz. Who here knows how the fibers of the fibers of the upper chest and lower chest work? Do they differentiate in movements, can and are they able to be activated separately and does this activation differ on EMG analysis between flat and incline bench?

Do you think incline bench is helping to build your upper chest? I only can / have done flat bench so im just curious. Plus where are said geordie photos?

you wouldnt believe that all of them bailed but sophie and james, sophies a plump hoe and james's chest looked like a set of buttcheeks looking down on him from the 5th floor, didnt end up getting a photo with them but a work friend did
421748_10150514320430807_632835806_9303225_678267450_n.jpg

Im hoping ham is right on that... I didn't think it mattered if you did incline press or not by doing flat bench you work the 'upper' and 'lower' chest but l see it everywhere even though it is mainly on BB sites. Plus you can't flex half of your chest anyway so im assuming that it doesn't matter?

On a hunch I am going to say they don't differ between decline/flat/incline

Big difference between decline and both flat and incline. Between incline and flat there is a small increase to the clavicular head (upper pecs) of the pec major. Interestingly enough due to changes in levers a hand spacing at about shoulder width increases clavicular head activity compared to one of twice shoulder width (going by the acromion procress in your shoulder, and this was a large increase.

Full article here thanks to some idiot who named his business Davey Wavey Fitness and should now have the rights to the name David removed from him with extreme prejudice.

http://www.daveywaveyfitness.com/wp...the-EMG-Activity-of-Five-Shoulder-Muscles.pdf

Edit: Also the are innervated by different nerves and have slightly differing functions which are explained in the article if you read it (in the discussion).

Last edited:
^^^ Agreed. I like cliffs. e.g. Do incline bench to build your upper chest and dips / flat bench to build lower. You will look like you have bitch tits if you dip / flat bench only etc etc... <-- They're examples and not actually my thoughts before someone rips me to shreds.

Lazy MoFo's!!!!!!!!!!

Cliffs: Incline bench with a close grip is supposed to be best due to incline adding a slight more activation and close grip increasing activation by nearly a quarter. Decline does shit all.

cliffs, just do flat bench and MP
oh, and vary handwidth, but i didn't read that bit so closely :p

today.. something weird happened.

This young couple who i see there a lot, the girl is spotting the guy doing dumbell bench.. im doing curls a few metres behind them to the side, easily in their view of the mirror. So im midset of curls, i hear a camera noise so i look to them and im not sure if it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but it looked like she quickly moved her phone from the side (facing me) to directly infront of her, not sure if she took a photo of me or not lol. they acted all innocent like nothing happened after though, so not sure if i just got a photo taken or she was taking a photo of her boyfriend which i was hoping rather than of me, even though i will still be in the photo lol...

btw it was quite packed so i dont get why a photo was taken of him resting dumbbells on his knees?

today.. something weird happened.

This young couple who i see there a lot, the girl is spotting the guy doing dumbell bench.. im doing curls a few metres behind them to the side, easily in their view of the mirror. So im midset of curls, i hear a camera noise so i look to them and im not sure if it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but it looked like she quickly moved her phone from the side (facing me) to directly infront of her, not sure if she took a photo of me or not lol. they acted all innocent like nothing happened after though, so not sure if i just got a photo taken or she was taking a photo of her boyfriend which i was hoping rather than of me, even though i will still be in the photo lol...

btw it was quite packed so i dont get why a photo was taken of him resting dumbbells on his knees?
maybe she fancied you and took a pic for later?? ;) lol