• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
130kg paused bench in 3 lift PA comp. +5kg pb after 7 weeks of Sheiko (#37, followed by weeks 1,2 and 4 of #32). Outside of the skills test, I didn't lift more than 110kgx2 during training. Sheiko definitely works.

130kg paused bench in 3 lift PA comp. +5kg pb after 7 weeks of Sheiko (#37, followed by weeks 1,2 and 4 of #32). Outside of the skills test, I didn't lift more than 110kgx2 during training. Sheiko definitely works.

Good stuff mate.

I'm thinking that only 4 weeks of 37 just isn't enough as my bench actually dropped after doing that only and doing skills test of 32.

Me:
rep PB of 190kgx9 deadlifts yesterday. Glute burn of doom! (sumo)

People often find intensity too low on 37. I upped my max by 5kg, and then paused my top sets 2 days a week. This worked perfectly for me, but everyone is different.

Also, the skills test can be deceiving. I didn't realise the full strength gains until the end of 32. I had a small bench PB at the skills test but it was a real grind. My comp lifts were very fast by comparison. My squat and deadlift actually went backwards for the skills test, then I picked up 10kg on each at the comp.

My next cycle is a proper one with 4 weeks of a modified version of 37, then 4 weeks of modified CMS bench, so we'll see how that goes. I won't be upping my max this time as the program is a lot more demanding.

Interesting re the strength losses on the skills test. Did mine last week and couldnt get a squat pb to save my life! Bench was ok, deadlift up 5.

Tim.

New PB for me, biggest tear yet!

Straight through pec major :)

FARK! :(

Strongenough: thanks for the input mate. Sheiko accidently hijacking PB thread :p Makes it a little tough to sort out openers I think. Suppose you just have to take into account the accumulated fatigue that you will have at skills test time.

Sticky: sorry to hear about your injury. That sucks. Best of luck on a swift recovery.

Strongenough: thanks for the input mate. Sheiko accidently hijacking PB thread :p Makes it a little tough to sort out openers I think. Suppose you just have to take into account the accumulated fatigue that you will have at skills test time.

No problem. It does make it a bit hard to judge. I went 95% of my previous PBs for all of my openers. After the deload, I hit them all very easily. I chose my 2nds and 3rds on the day. My seconds ended up being my PB pre-training cycle or thereabouts, then I went for new PBs on 3rds. I got 8 out of 9 so this plan worked for me. I hope that helps.

Sticky: sorry to hear about your injury. That sucks. Best of luck on a swift recovery.

No problem. It does make it a bit hard to judge. I went 95% of my previous PBs for all of my openers. After the deload, I hit them all very easily. I chose my 2nds and 3rds on the day. My seconds ended up being my PB pre-training cycle or thereabouts, then I went for new PBs on 3rds. I got 8 out of 9 so this plan worked for me. I hope that helps.

Thanks mate. Sure does :)

6 reps with 80kg today on bench

It seems your progress on bench has been better in the past few months than the entire previous year before that - what do you attribute it to? Did diet and extra calories play a big part? What were you doing wrong before?

It seems your progress on bench has been better in the past few months than the entire previous year before that - what do you attribute it to? Did diet and extra calories play a big part? What were you doing wrong before?

Wingman was holding him back. You're only as strong as the ****s you hang with.

While we're on the subject of volume, it appears that Darkoz was right- it's volume in a single training session that counts. While benching very frequently helped initially it was piling in the volume in a single training session that got it to move.

I'm OK at the moment as I have no history of shoulder problems and I'm not using a lot of weight, but when my shoulders inevitably explode I'll switch to close grip, more overhead pressing, the slingshot and reverse grip pressing at all angles. Apart from decline, because that's fucking gay. For now though I'm keeping it as specific as possible so just regular benching and strict overhead pressing

Well done Simon!
Im getting alot better and stronger since the back surgery, its almost 4 months now. I punched out 18 overhand chin-ups last night, after being prompted by my brother and his mate, all the way to the bottom, no swinging, thats the best ive done in years.

New Bench PB - 105kg X 5

New Squat PB - 150kg X 5

I had previously (thought) I did 157.5kg on the squat but was told I was not deep enough. Rectified that situaton now.