• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thanks guys, a shame I can't walk my squats out though
Sticky I'm about to PM you about the Limbo meet

Was the one just gone, I reviewed it for Scott but it was only my 2nd meet. After doing another meet and getting a feel for how meets are ran I had some things to update

Was the one just gone, I reviewed it for Scott but it was only my 2nd meet. After doing another meet and getting a feel for how meets are ran I had some things to update

Squat didn't really look like a grinder, I reckon you're good for a few more kg's.

Yeah I think if I had new 2.5m wraps and got someone to wrap them for me I could get 180kg. Maybe even a million kilos

Meet results. Weighed in at 62.5kg

165kg squat (5kg PB)
90kg bench (10kg PB)
215kg deadlift (5kg PB)
470kg total (20kg PB)

Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to walk my squats out, I'm hoping at nationals I'm allowed to do so though. All they need to do is take the tow straps off! Videos to come

Great work. Looking at the videos, squat and deadlift look easy -- the weight just glides right up. Bench looked to be a bit of a struggle, but still potential for a teensy bit more weight.

Bench looked to be a bit of a struggle, but still potential for a teensy bit more weight.
Looked like it slowed down a fair bit. I've found 2.5kg-5kg more on lifts like that make it feel twice what it is.... load up 102.5kg on bench to see what I mean :p

By the way where is your 100kg touch and go... come on.

I tried to do 100kg touch and go today and worked up to 85kg before I started to slide around on the shitty Fitness First bench. I rage quit and power cleaned 90kg :v

Why do my shins kick back to perpendicular to the ground when I come up on the squat
What is that

When I descend on the squat, my knees come forwards and go out until I hit depth.
Instead of this motion being reversed it seems that my quads cause the knees to extend but instead of my femurs moving upwards my tibia becomes more vertical moving my pelvis backwards as I squat the weight up

Just an observation

Dunno, after using the coaches eye on it a few times it seems that the very first thing that happens is my knees come in slightly- so maybe fixing that will stop it as when my knees stop coming in my hips stop shooting back

Looked like it slowed down a fair bit. I've found 2.5kg-5kg more on lifts like that make it feel twice what it is.... load up 102.5kg on bench to see what I mean :p

By the way where is your 100kg touch and go... come on.

100kg tng? Me? What? When? I never did that.