• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thanks, guys.
Good effort Ryan.. I reckon a workout is ideal if you hit one of those sets where it's effort at 100% (or more).

I think you could have 2 plates very soon (touch and go at least) on bench.
I'm aiming for 100kg in comp next week. 95kg is definitely safe unless something goes wrong.

@GROAR and Grippy: Thankyou :)

@0ni: You motivate me. Serious. Since we're at a similar weight, I look at your lifts and don't have the "I'm too light to do that" excuse, so your results encourage me to get my arse into gear. Especially when it comes to deadlift.

Thanks, guys.

I'm aiming for 100kg in comp next week. 95kg is definitely safe unless something goes wrong.

@GROAR and Grippy: Thankyou :)

@0ni: You motivate me. Serious. Since we're at a similar weight, I look at your lifts and don't have the "I'm too light to do that" excuse, so your results encourage me to get my arse into gear. Especially when it comes to deadlift.

I have this as well. My lifts didn't really go anywhere for a while until I found out that Kristos was squatting 215kg at 67.5kg then they jumped up a whole bunch lol. I probably won't be competing at nationals now because I'm right on the limit of my weight class and can't beat Kristos or Yianni and don't feel competitive at 75kg either.

I don't think getting crushed at nationals will motivate me any more than not going.
I'll see how my training goes in the months leading up to it anyway.

Deadlift:260kg
Squat:220kg
Bench:140kg
@89.5kg 29 years old

5'10 with a 75"reach (I should be 6'4 according to my arm length) :(

At Iron Fest Open today, I weighed in at 67.5kg and my best lifts were:

Squat 142.5kg (2.5kg PB)
Bench Press 92.5kg (2.5kg PB)
Deadlift 177.5kg (17.5kg PB)

PB's not as high as I'd have liked them on SQ and BP, but they are PB's nonetheless.

Nice work on the PB's.

I actually popped down to this comp today with some guys from PTC, but only got to see the girls lift.

Nice work on the PB's.

I actually popped down to this comp today with some guys from PTC, but only got to see the girls lift.

Cheers. I'm surprised I didn't see you in the crowd during the girls' lifts. I managed to spot Robert Wilks and say hello.

You wouldnt believe the half of it, especially when asada turned up lol.

Ill leave it there before we get to far off track.

At Iron Fest Open today, I weighed in at 67.5kg and my best lifts were:

Squat 142.5kg (2.5kg PB)
Bench Press 92.5kg (2.5kg PB)
Deadlift 177.5kg (17.5kg PB)

PB's not as high as I'd have liked them on SQ and BP, but they are PB's nonetheless.

Did you miss any attempts? If not it's probably not as bad as you think
Also that's pretty hilarious that shit kicked off when you arrived Scott

Im not sure if it was my bright yellow GPC shirt, or Chums blue PTC shirt, or the 115kg of muscle that is Alex, but we got eye ball fucked hard as we walked in.

Its a real shame, as I know the owners of the gym, and they are great guys, they have been out to PTC a few times.

There were some strong girls at that comp, Jess was a stand out, and Chyna's comp had me holding my breath on that last deadlift.

I did. Third squat and bench press attempts were missed (I attempted 150kg and 97.5kg). I also missed my first bench press, because my brain wasn't operating properly, and interpreted "the spotters aren't touching the bar" to mean "you can start the lift now." The weight itself felt good, but I jumped the gun.

Im not sure if it was my bright yellow GPC shirt, or Chums blue PTC shirt, or the 115kg of muscle that is Alex, but we got eye ball fucked hard as we walked in.

Its a real shame, as I know the owners of the gym, and they are great guys, they have been out to PTC a few times.

There were some strong girls at that comp, Jess was a stand out, and Chyna's comp had me holding my breath on that last deadlift.

Wasn't Ben reffing at this meet? He must be pissed at Wilks' holier than thou attitude by now
Pretty funny that the ASADA got called