• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The off season

Dave looks stupidly fat at the moment. He is around 5'7" I think.

He was wearing loose tracky shorts that looked like Lance Armstrongs bike shorts, he is really, really f u c k i n g fat.

And to think he complains when we joke about his sex life, and he posts that on a public forum.

Its enough to make people sick, I know Sean just threw up.

Wow, he's the same height as me and over 30kg heavier! And I thought I was getting heavy for my height...

He is unbelievably fat.

A few weeks ago I had a heart to heart with him. For two years he had tried to lose weight, and simply cant. He's not smart enough too nor dedicated enough.

His lifting was going nowhere, he totaled less than skinny Max at the State titles.

I told him to concentrate on his lifting and not worry about his weight. Since then he had added 17kg, nearly all of it fat.

You can only do so much for some. He was depressed his lifting was shit and he was obese. Now his lifting is better but he is even more obesier lol

Its up to him now, he knows what he has to do, its all about choices.

Dave missed a 160kg front squat on Thursday and a 200kg squat again today.

Nick squatted 180kg x 7 pretty easily, he didnt go to failure

Nina squatted 100kg x 2 but missed 110kg

Alen, Mustafa and Max did bodybuilding.

Rory push pressed 85kg

In Petes training journal, I discussed work sets.

Fat Dave is on a quest to squat 200kg, no sleeves, wraps or belt, raw. His PB is 192.5kg

Here is todays workout

Warm ups
20 x 10
50 x 10
80 x 10
110 x 10

Work sets
140 x 10
140 x 10
140 x 10
160 x 3
160 x 3
160 x 3
180 x 1
180 x 1
180 x 1

Most wouldve stopped after 3 x 10 with 140kg. Most wont squat 200kg, raw.

Each one of his 9 work sets was gut busting, we all heard it.

Well done Dave.

Last edited:
Effort workout last night for

Luke
Cam
Nina
Elan
Bender
Sean
Dave
James
Wayne
Rory
Ali
Johnathon
Mick
Jimmy
Jason
Ryan
Steve
Mick

Only 3 chucked during the session, Wayne 3 times, Mick and Ryan, I'm guessing more chucked later.

We only do this once a month or so, otherwise I'd have no clients left.

Some fun, Max, Alen & Dim

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0KAuBbyLkg]YouTube - Fun at PTC[/ame]

What would be more fun is if you threw a sheet over the power rack and told ghost stories in it.

Alen finally squatted 400lbs tonight, he hit a PB with 182.5kg (402lb)

Dim hit a PB with 145kg

The boys have been using knee wraps, but getting zero out of them. Tonight they got a little. Alen got 7.5kg and Dim got 5kg. Max hasnt gained a single kg, though he didnt train tonight.

I noticed that both Alen and Dim had them a little tighter tonight.

Why did you decide to go with wraps?
Is it because of the amrican definition?
A hope to bring equiptment lifters into proraw

Nice lifting by the boys too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speaking to lots of lifters at our Nats and the Worlds, the general conscensus is that wraps protect more than they assist.

I'm all for longevity, and I have an open mind. You guys know my stance on equipment.

If a lifter can lift safer with knee wraps, and its not going to add 100kg to his lift, then I'm for it.

Speaking to Max and Alen, who both still refuse to wear a belt, said their knees felt much better with wraps. Remember, neither had gained a kilo when I asked their thoughts, they just said it felt better.

In time, they may add 20kg to their squat, but we dont have double,triple strength wraps that are going to give the variance that multiply suits give.

So, firstly its for safety.

secondly, a few equipped lifters would never lift without sleeves/wraps, hope to attract them

A couple of Pro Feds in the USA are allowing them

It takes us back closer to the start of PL, ace bandages, a belt and chalk. If we had stayed that way, PL might be in the Olympics today. Wont happen now.

They are much cheaper than sleeves, offer more protection.

Suits will never be allowed, but I would consider a single ply shirt, if it was a "control" shirt, same one used by everyone, if a major manufacturer put in big bucks to have his shirt as "the one".

My goal now is to get as big a purse for as many lifters as possible.

In discussions with some, to a man, they all agree that any extra prize money I can secure, should go to 2nd and 3rd place rather than topping up 1st.

Pretty much guarantee that 1st place in each of the 4 classes will be a minimum of $1000. If I can get more dollars, then 12 lifters will pick up cash on Australia day.

Any thoughts on this????

Would love to know what you think about the "control" single ply shirt. Allowing it may add major $$$$$$$$$$$ to the purse.

I'm pretty determined to get this right from the start. I wont be lifting so it has no effect on me, its you guys that it will effect.

Maybe keep shirts for single lift ProRaw bench comps. Thoughts???

Any opinion welcome.

While a light single ply would probably be great for everyones shoulders I don't think you could call it raw anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

For a minute, I even considered the Slingshot to save shoulders. It appears to add 15kg to everyones bench, and allows those with shoulder issues to still bench

I had a go at Gregg's slingshot the other week.

Interesting little thing, easy to use, not too much assistance as I could pause 60kg on the chest.

My shoulder was still slightly aggravated but less than usual.

If you decide to order one can you get me one too and I'll give you cash to save on postage.