• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just posted this in the pre/protein advice thread - thought I would post it in here aswell.

I have taken acouple of different pre-workouts this week.

Blake Powder - taste - 7/10
Energy - 8-9/10
Strength - hard to tell

SAN Fierce - Taste - Really bitter but I liked it 9/10
Energy - 10/10 - When I start to talk to myself to pump myself up during training I know Iam onto a good thing.
Strength - Did a similar workout to when I used Black powder and I felt a fair bit stronger on Fierce. 9/10

Can I suggest trying the Fitness Central WPC azza. I bought some the other day and tried it. I bought vanilla (I usually get vanilla International Protein Synergy 5). And the WPC while great value, the vanilla tastes a bit off. In water anyway. Ill try it again after my workout but not as nice as I'd hoped. I'm thinking chocolate and other flavours might be better. Cheers mate.

Gareer.

I've had Fitness Central products before, Marcus there has some good products, the WPI i think was 99 for 3kg, and also oatmass is another one that many talk about. I had the Amino mix's, not to sure how they are, at least knowing Marcus the product quality is there. I had choc by the way and havent tried vanilla. Another Vanilla i realy like is Science Nutrition by Lance Jensen. He does a few different mixes and the vanilla is beaut.

AZZA

Taste wise I think Fitness Central are quite good, I get their micellar. I have also bought from Bulknutrients and theirs did not taste anywhere near as nice as FC (was WPC though not MPI). Price wise both are really great.

You are right there Dave, i've reviewed both. I had BioFlex which is the same guy Ben from memory. FC does taste better.

AZZA

Green Apple Xtend.

Normally I just use EAA but last lot I bought I forgot to get the flavour satchet. So I got some Xtend (1100 gms) for $70 delivered on e-Bay.
This sh1t tastes amazing. I scoop Xtend, 1 scoop EAA and sip through workout.
Very Good. Keeps me anabolic. :)

I recently bought 5kg of Protein Direct WPC chocolate and cant stand the taste. I have to mix it in with a lot of water otherwise its just way too sickly sweet.

The only thing I can compare it with, is chocolate Bioflex Biobulker which I think tastes awesome. I guess everyone has different taste but I will be buying smaller quantities next time! I will probably buy from bulk nutrients next time and get a flavour sachet, as this is probably the same flavouring as they are run by the same person

Anyone want a 2.5kg bag PD WPC chocolate? Going cheap!

Has anyone tried BulkNutrients' new Pre-Workout powders? They have two types, only difference is one of them has 1000mg Caffeine and 500mg Geranium Extract.

Thinking about buying 1kg of the non-caffeine one to try.

Has anyone tried BulkNutrients' new Pre-Workout powders? They have two types, only difference is one of them has 1000mg Caffeine and 500mg Geranium Extract.

Thinking about buying 1kg of the non-caffeine one to try.

I've tried the Pre-workout NT and Bioflex Biocharge...and found Biocharge keeps me going for longer - might be the hydration matrix in it, flavour and mixability a lot better too! Same company I think???

As a bonus got 10% off with the AusBB code :D

How can you rate a creatine product after 1 session. Surely creatine needs time to determine effectiveness.

I've been following this thread for a while and see it as nothing less then a way to get your supps out there azza basically...you think you can rate things after a limited trial - I'm not buying it!!!! some of the supps you say are not the best i've used for a while and got great gains. i say toughen up a bit mate and stop worrying about the taste hahahaha. Nothing beats real food and real training anyway!

I've been following this thread for a while and see it as nothing less then a way to get your supps out there azza basically...you think you can rate things after a limited trial - I'm not buying it!!!! some of the supps you say are not the best i've used for a while and got great gains. i say toughen up a bit mate and stop worrying about the taste hahahaha. Nothing beats real food and real training anyway!

Sorry to burst your bubble bud but you are wrong, taste is one thing, quality is another, there is so much about supplements we don’t know, do you know what is in your supplement? Yes proper nutrition and training come first, i don’t deny that, i am not a scientist and i do not push anyones product, it is my opinion and my thoughts, don’t buy it, i aint asking for jack shit from you.

AZZA

have tried bulk nurients HWPI and WPI
the WPI vanilla tasted amazing
the HWPI vanilla is the most foul thing i have tasted and i wish i didnt buy 4kgs of it. its also made in the USA?
il trade anyone 4kgs of WPI for this

Last edited:
have tried bulk nurients HWPI and WPI
the WPI vanilla tasted amazing
the HWPI vanilla is the most foul thing i have tasted and i wish i didnt buy 4kgs of it. its also made in the USA?
il trade anyone 4kgs of WPI for this

Humbug, regarding the HWPI - you should try the unflavoured version if you think the Vanilla is bad!

Basically, any highly hydrolysed protein will always be very bitter/sour.
Companies can disguise this somewhat with flavouring systems and other additives, however the issue is that the more of this you add, the less pure the HWPI becomes, and IMO purity with these types of proteins is very important.

We have found that most of our customers who have previously tried HWPI's find ours fine, however for those who have never experienced a HWPI before, they get a bit of a shock!

To get you out of trouble, I'd suggest mixing it in 1/1 qith our regular WPI, that way you will get many of the benefits of the HWPI while hopefully having a taste profile that you don't find too bad.

thanks for the reply mate, i have tried HWPI's before and they tasted ok, i was just shocked by this, but im sure it will be a taste thats aquired overtime

thanks for the reply mate, i have tried HWPI's before and they tasted ok, i was just shocked by this, but im sure it will be a taste thats aquired overtime

The level of "Hydrolysis" is the important thing here.
We are currently using a HWPI which is hydrolysed to 12.5%, however we previously used a 20% which was just absolutely shocking in terms of taste.
It was near impossible to pack too being so light and fluffy.

Unfortunately it's one of those compromises, the higher the level of hydrolysation the faster the product is absorbed and the more shorter chain peptides (which is said to be an advantage).

Many name brands supps that sell hydrolysed whey use either a blend of hydro whey and wpi or use a hwpi which is hydrolysed to the minimum 3%, we haven't tried the 3% product but in terms of taste I would guess it was very similar to regular WPI.

The level of "Hydrolysis" is the important thing here.
We are currently using a HWPI which is hydrolysed to 12.5%, however we previously used a 20% which was just absolutely shocking in terms of taste.
It was near impossible to pack too being so light and fluffy.

Unfortunately it's one of those compromises, the higher the level of hydrolysation the faster the product is absorbed and the more shorter chain peptides (which is said to be an advantage).

Many name brands supps that sell hydrolysed whey use either a blend of hydro whey and wpi or use a hwpi which is hydrolysed to the minimum 3%, we haven't tried the 3% product but in terms of taste I would guess it was very similar to regular WPI.

thanks for the info and clearing it up!

Dymatize ISO-100:

Changed to iso-100 and I must say its prob one of the best tasting protein powders Ive ever had!!! - for a pure isolate its great, the breakdown is great....think this will be my WPI of choice for a while now.

I have the Choc flav.

20/10

Supplement Nutritional Information

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (28g)Servings Per Container: 32.0 Per 28g ServePer 100gKilojoules443.1 kJ1582.4 kJCalories105.9 cal378.2 calTotal Fat0.0 g0.0 g Saturated Fat0.0 g0.0 gCholesterol0.0 mg0.0 mgTotal Carbohydrates1.0 g3.5 g Sugars0.0 g0.0 g Complex Carbohydrates1.0 g3.5 gFibre0.0 g0.0 gProtein24.0 g85.7 g Sodium50.1 mg179.0 mg

Typical Amino Acid Profile (per 28g serve)Essential Amino Acids (EAAs)Tryptophan 450 mgValine 1,850 mgThreonine 1,700 mgIsoleucine 1,975 mgLeucine 2,825 mgLysine 2,000 mgPhenylalanine 650 mgMethionine 425 mgConditionally Essential Amino Acids (CAAs) Arginine 575 mgCystine 450 mgTyrosine 550 mgHistidine440 mgProline 1,550 mgGlutamine & Precursors 4,450 mgNonessential Amino Acids (NAAs)Aspartic Acid 2,350 mgSerine 1,225 mgGlycine 450 mgAlanine 1,100 mg