• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thank you Mr Pritchard.

After 7 weeks between comps I set some killer PB's thanks to your KGB like programming skills.

Squat 160 - 175
Bench 112.5 - 115kg
Dead 210 - 210 but to be fair my back has been playing up and I have had to drop the rack pulls in the last few weeks of the programme.

I was completely stoked my squat has lagged for so long. Bring on 200kg squat.

so my lifts now are similar to yours 7 weeks ago. theres a challenge for nats.

You mean komrade polkov.

Freaky Sheepy
Were-sheep

225493_362779910497773_1398457552_n.jpg

Thank you Mr Pritchard.

After 7 weeks between comps I set some killer PB's thanks to your KGB like programming skills.

Squat 160 - 175
Bench 112.5 - 115kg
Dead 210 - 210 but to be fair my back has been playing up and I have had to drop the rack pulls in the last few weeks of the programme.

I was completely stoked my squat has lagged for so long. Bring on 200kg squat.

Holey shitkov
Great work comrade!!!
As you know- giving people programming ideas is easy compared with actually doing it! You should be pleased!

Joining the sheiko club today. GPC nats on 14th June.

185/105/235 are my PB's. Aiming for 200/110/250. Will be running 37 and then 32.

Thanks Kaz. I definitely have no issue with the eating part :) Currently 81kg after mass carb up so pretty much just want to maintain/slow bulk until June as I'm feeling that precomp weight cuts really do hinder my strength a lot even with a 24hr weigh in.

The first week of 32 is 1rm testing and the last week is deload. I had intention to run week 2 of 32 twice to knock out the 1rm testing

I think that "could" be a good idea but also given the lower %'s used in sheiko I still want to be used to the heavy weights when the time comes. I'll see what happens in 5 weeks I guess :)

Not a good idea.

You'd be going into the comp full of fatigue.

Everyone runs 32 before a comp for a reason.

for me?

I was going to run 37 then 32 being that there are about 8 weeks until comp just as it is written. Didn't want to experiment with anything being that it is my first go at it.

The 1rm testing also provides most people with a CNS "kick" after so many weeks of accumulated fatigue. Sheiko programs are built upon decades of Soviet research, things are done for a reason.

No sorry, I meant for Kaz.

Just re-read her post and my post is now irrelevant.

Last edited:
In 32, I personally won't be hitting maxes. Maybe openers.

The way I see it, the fewer big singles I do, the less chance I have of getting hurt.

In 32, I personally won't be hitting maxes. Maybe openers.

The way I see it, the fewer big singles I do, the less chance I have of getting hurt.

That sounds like the smartest way to do it. Still get used to handling some heavy loads but with less risk of injury.

The thing that put me off sheiko before was the lower %'s used as I've always felt that I need relatively high intensity coming into a comp just to get used to the heavy stuff.

What are you running?

You'll need ice and rapigel

Sounds almost like torture,
How soon does it start to feel like your being punished? It seems to bring the results in people that finish it though. How many of your blokes run it Scott?

That sounds like the smartest way to do it. Still get used to handling some heavy loads but with less risk of injury.

The thing that put me off sheiko before was the lower %'s used as I've always felt that I need relatively high intensity coming into a comp just to get used to the heavy stuff.

With the built up fatigue the lower percentages should feel heavier than they actually are. The trick is to treat them as if they were heavier in your head.