• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The manipulations where you increase reps actually came from Mike Tuchsherer who was part of the coaching nexus. I wasn't part of it, but I regularly communicated with them and Dave put together most of my early templates. Wade Hooper is the golden link to the Russians.
Anyway- my understanding is that with beginners to immediates you develop them over time by increasing volume rather than loading. That's just a generalized observation that guided most of the Russian coaches. So whatever the starting point, you aim to do more. Once you lay the foundation you get results from increased loading- but down the track. I think Eric has talked about this.

Do you think it's better to start low and work your way up or start with the most you can cope with and work up from there

I always started too easy

Where you start depends on how fresh you are, what you can handle etc. Thats why I suggested Timeah try 37. He did 29 no worries. 37+37+32 is a bloody good plan for success. But of course you have to be ready for it. Now- please no argument for the sake of it. If you have suggestions for Timeah fire away.

I always jack my bench maxes up now as I respond well to the higher percentages. My downfall is always the reps over 3.

Yeah- Dave and I concluded the same thing was better for me- we often step up loading so instead of 80%x3x6 I'd do something like 80%x3, 82%x2, 85%x1 then hit the remaining reps stepping in 2.5kg increments until the rpe felt right- it changing the average loading but we just adjusted the volume a little. Dave was great with the number crunching. I have the spreadsheets still, I should dig them out.

i found as well, stepping the bench max up (beyond my true 1rm) made a more challenging, and i hope, more useful cycle

I read on the BMF forum a few times that quite a few people increase their bench by 3% at the start of the cycle

woudnt be hard to do. lol. set it up...print it out...get liftin'. unless it was extremely hard each week why would check the setup?

Sheiko result
Weighing 55.5kg
Bench went from 57.5kg to 62.5kg paused, but repped out a 65kg tng

Deadlift went from 120kg to 130kgs!!!! Broke my plateau!

AND tested these maxes 7 days into Keto!

Thanks for all your help Spritcha and others who helped with the Sheiko training ;)

i only upped my bench so far as rounding everything up to the nearest 2.5 (78 to 80, 83 to 85, 89 to 90 etc). next cycle im upping it by 3-5 above my result tomorrow.

Sheiko result
Weighing 55.5kg
Bench went from 57.5kg to 62.5kg paused, but repped out a 65kg tng

Deadlift went from 120kg to 130kgs!!!! Broke my plateau!

AND tested these maxes 7 days into Keto!

Thanks for all your help Spritcha and others who helped with the Sheiko training ;)

That's brilliant!!! Well done!

Sheikodroid rounds it all up to the nearest 2.5. But I was getting shirty at all my lifts ending in 7.5 so half the time I rounded up to the 10 to avoid playing with little plates.

On another note. Does Sheiko have a maintenence program?

When are you next competing Kaz?
Or rather, it would be good to see your maxes the day after a carb-up :D

When are you next competing Kaz?
Or rather, it would be good to see your maxes the day after a carb-up :D

Yeah carbs would hopefully make a good difference.
Will be competing bench only at June Nationals.
Going to start another round of Sheiko for Bench but squat and deadlift will be maintenance till I get back in May. Sounds funky but while I'm in Keto dieting for my holiday, I just want to put all my energy into bench.