• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

Do we get the same at ABC?
:p

Hopefully when I call up tomorrow about my bar I can speak to Wayne so I don't have to spend an hour trying to explain why I'm buying equipment through a calisthenics club lol

Edit: Moved to 'Buying a quality barbell' thread, the question is more relevant there.

Last edited:
No, but I had been pestering Rick for a couple of years.

I cant say they actually got it made because of the pestering.

I'm now pushing for a 100kg KB

I bought a massive pile of the bumpers. Really happy with them, especially given the price. I'll probably have to replace my $100 cheapy bar that came with my iron plates next.

This week Dave squatted

187.5kg x 3
187.5kg x 2
187.5kg x 2

Today Gareth squatted (with wraps)

195kg x 1
195kg x 1
195kg x 1

Gareth has squatted 195kg without wraps, he is simply getting used to them.

Hopefully both boys go over 200kg at ProRaw, Dave is weighing 115kg and Gareth is 86kg.

Kelly trained again today, he took it easy but squatted around 160kg and benched 125kg for reps, paused first rep

Max and Alen did SLDL with 160kg for reps

We have a 2.5m limit, wont fit round his fat thighs once lol

He didnt come to the gym the day Steve did, he missed out on wraps. Its a long story lol

Dave will be lifting raw, not even a belt. I hope he goes around 540kg, He will be lifting in the 125kg class, against Gawain and Sherro

Dave was deadlifting tonight, just hitting his opener for 3 singles.

He pulled 210kg so easily that I had him try 220kg, a lift he got called hitching at the recent deadlift comp.

He smashed it. We raised the bar to 225kg, a PB, and it went up smoothly.

We changed a few things and got that nasty hitch out of his technique.

I'm hoping Dave can go 210/115/225 for 550 at ProRawOne

He will be doing 195kg for 3 singles in the squat on Wednesday.

Dave wont be wearing wraps or a belt at the comp.

Little Daryl was back for his first session in months. He squatted 120kg x 10, he now weighs 73kg

Daryl finished school, got a car, got a job.

He hasnt touched a weight for months.

In the 67.5kg class at Nats he squatted 160kg, a WR, as was his 120 bench and 180kg dead.

Just after that comp, he squatted 160kg x 3, he was just over 70kg

He is now Max's training partner, pressing tomorrow.

I must thank Mustafa. PTC now has an awesome dip station. Its free standing and tapers wide to narrow, finished with nice chrome rails. Its similar to one I used in the 80's at Tarzan and Jane.

I also purchased big fans and had exhaust fans fitted in the ceiling.

Its now a much nicer place in the heat.

Dave was deadlifting tonight, just hitting his opener for 3 singles.

He pulled 210kg so easily that I had him try 220kg, a lift he got called hitching at the recent deadlift comp.

He smashed it. We raised the bar to 225kg, a PB, and it went up smoothly.

We changed a few things and got that nasty hitch out of his technique.

I'm hoping Dave can go 210/115/225 for 550 at ProRawOne

He will be doing 195kg for 3 singles in the squat on Wednesday.

Dave wont be wearing wraps or a belt at the comp.

Little Daryl was back for his first session in months. He squatted 120kg x 10, he now weighs 73kg

Has Dave tried benching with both arms?

I think you'll find that raw lifters go around 34% - 22% - 44%

I'm pretty sure that

Nick 210/145/260 - 615kg at States
Max 170/110/220 - 500kg at Nats
Dave 200/115/225 - PB's

All work out roughly the same % wise

I think you'll find that raw lifters go around 34% - 22% - 44%

I'm pretty sure that

Nick 220/145/275 - PB's
Dave 200/115/225 - PB's

All work out roughly the same % wise

Do you % of their total?

You cant compare lifts made in 1 comp to gym PB's.

On PB's its looks very different where I have an extra 20kg squat, 30kg bench and 50kg deadlift.

But seriously whats up with dave's bench?

His squat is progressing well (getting dangerously close to me) but the bench doesn't seem to move.

Okay, I'll do comp figures

Nick - 612.5kg - 34.15%/23.58%/42.28%
Max - 500kg - 34%/22%/44%
Dave - 527.5kg - 36.4%/21.8%/41.71%
Matt - 655kg - 35.12%/23.67%/41.23%
Daryl - 460kg - 34.79%/26.09%/39.13%
Dim - 410kg - 32.93%/23.17%/43.91%

The two obvious weaknesses are Daryls deadlift and Dims squat

Daves bench doesnt look too bad there now,although it is the lift we need to work on most.

Dim has the worst squat %, Daryl the worst deadlift % and Dave the worst Bbench %

Dave has the best squat %, Daryl has the best bench % and Max the best deadlift % of this group

Last edited: