• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

Gareth, Sean, Jack and Max trained today.

Gareth squatted another PB, 195kg, deep.

His squat at the novice comp with wraps was barely parallel, with wraps hindering his depth I feel.

Since then, he is taking his raw squats much deeper. His 195kg wasnt really that difficult, just part of his PPP session today.

Markos, so Gareth does more work sets for squat after his squat ppp?

No.
I'm usually either doing PPP or 5*5 or similar. I'll do one or the other...and either will usually leave me without much energy for extra sets (and I have other things to do in the session :)).

Oh, the wraps did make depth hard. But that may have been because it was the first time I was using them...I'll have to practice with them some more.

ok cool Gareth, its just in another thread Markos was saying you did a minimum of 15 work sets per big lift. PPP is what 5-7 work sets.

Your doing awesome Gareth.

Most on here are lucky to do 10 work sets per session.

That is not enough in my opinion for those trying to get stronger.

It may be okay for the elite, but just as we dont follow training advice from Pro BB, nor should we follow the training patterns of those already elite PL

Some will prosper with 5 WS of squats per week, most wont.

Its just a theory I have, no use paying out on me

Eh, I thrive on doing next to nothing. I'm aiming for 220kg on the squat within the next 2 months. 200 came pretty easy so I should get there.

Spent 6 months spinning my wheels squatting x3 a week, not doing that shit again.

Spent 6 months spinning my wheels squatting x3 a week

so did i, and like you i did gomad

look at our squats. without wraps i reckon i could do about 210. best ive done with no belt is 190 and i did that 1.5 years after my 1st ever squat
I dont know why your hating on stuff that got you great gains

What exactly do you mean Oliver?

As in squatting three times a week was too much or too little?

so did i, and like you i did gomad

look at our squats. without wraps i reckon i could do about 210. best ive done with no belt is 190 and i did that 1.5 years after my 1st ever squat
I dont know why your hating on stuff that got you great gains

Because it worked to a point.

Once my squat hit 160 I spent 6 months really getting nowhere. My deadlift actually decreased from 170~ to 160 but I kept doing it because I thought Rippetoe's book said so. Brilliant logic.

Read something iron addict said once and being thoroughly bored of 5x5 I switched. Maaaan. I lost 5kg+ in the period and my deadlift moved up to 210, I'm talking in a month by the way. I squatted 180kg for 4 reps, and that was after tripping over the squat rack on the way out.

I'd squat x3 a week to get my lifts up again but once I got to 160 I would have just swapped to doing each lift once a week. Why do something for inferior results?

Kelly has been away since the Nats in August/September from memory, he is training for MMA.

He pulled an easy 200kg x 5. He is 85kg now but a little softer.

I think he was surprised at the size of Gareth and Jack.

Alen is back from Thailand, around 5kg lighter

For those of you looking for economy bumpers, I got a pair of 20kg plates from AK today.

They are the new Iron Edge ones. In the past you could only fit 4 x 25kg plates on a bar, total weight 220kg.

The new ones are slimmer, you can fit 6 on (per side) for a 320kg bar.

The 25/20/15 are all the same thickness, they also have 10/5/2.5 available, all in full size.

I gave the 20's a workout tonight, they appear very well made.

At under $5 kg, the 20kg is $95 a plate, they are a steal. I am getting a full set.

The 80kg KB arrives in a couple of weeks, cant wait

80kg Kettlebell - "THE BOMB"
Your Price: $250.00

For those of you looking for economy bumpers, I got a pair of 20kg plates from AK today.

Callan bought a set this week. His erection still hasn't subsided. Also, for anyone interested, he also bought an Iron Edge barbell (cheap). It's far superior to other bars I've used in the same price range. The knurling is surprisingly comfortable, yet very grippy.