• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC version 2.0

I loved doing the deload benching, cant wait for the squats.

Hey whats the how we roll DVD? Have you got a copy I can watch?

Its an instructional DVD we did a couple of years ago for guys who didnt have access to video instruction for exercises we do at PTC.

The only fun part about watching it now is how small Max was 2 years ago lol

I'm due to do another to compliment PPP, demonstrating the assistance work we do, but I havent had time. I get requests for this, I'll get around to it

Ok thanks. Any reason for the switch ?

To be honest, I've had very few clients do them with a BB. I personally only ever used a BB, I found the movement easy and I handled heavy weights.

Most cant get their head around a basic movement, teaching the DB version is easier, though I'm not sure its as good.

Its definitely safer for someone who cant do it properly with a BB

I had a kid from Sydney come down who competed in some PA comp called Mikka Mowsa or something like that.

He squatted 230kg, benched 112.5kg and pulled 240kg @ 90kg, junior. Raw.

Looks like he's joining ProRaw and CAPO.

Massive quads, perfect squat and dead form, weak triceps. He managed a 120kg bench in a Sling Shot.

hey!
haha yea thats me, Matti Tikka was the comp (at Bondi)

LOVED the setup you have there, it was depressing hitting the local Fitness First tonight :(

Yup I'll be signed up, and down there on the the 29th (Markos will sus it all tomorrow). Had my first big sesh since the Bondi comp tonight - got 9 out at 195kg on the Deadie... feeling strong!

Cheers,

To be honest, I've had very few clients do them with a BB. I personally only ever used a BB, I found the movement easy and I handled heavy weights.

Most cant get their head around a basic movement, teaching the DB version is easier, though I'm not sure its as good.

Thanks Markos. I assume your talking about single arm db row ? If you can get a vid of max doing it that would be great. The kid always inspires me to try harder.

I went off BB for a while because it would pull onmy lowe back, DB didn't.

Recently I've gone back to BB and it feels fine with my back.

Christmas eve and we had

Max
Jesse
Nina
Dave
Gareth
James
Josta
Jack
Corey

training tonight.

Jesse squatted 135kg@64kg.

Jesse has now done 135/80/160, he has another 12 months to improve on these. Daryl did 160/120/180

Nina did reverse bands and sling shot bench with 110kg, Dave got 170kg

Gareth benched 130kg, he was still in the gym when we went home, he locked up tonight.

Last edited:
Think Max, but even more explosive. Absolute rock bottom.

I reckon he may just be ahead of Max at the same stage, just, at the very least equal.

His bench is definitely ahead by about 10kg at the same bodyweight.

Bash at the beach 2008. Max had only just got serious, weighed 62kg, he was 16

Squat 115
Bench 65
Clean 80
Dead 140

Jesse is 17, weighs 64kg

Squat 135
Bench 80
Clean 90
Dead 160

BATB 09. Max is 17 1/2 and 69kg

Squat 156kg
Bench 90kg
Clean 107.5kg
Dead 170kg

For those interested, PTC is open tonight on NYE till 8.00pm, open Saturday morning at 11.00am and open on Monday at 6.00pm (public holiday)

Have a Happy New Year fellas

Damn I'm hoping to come, depends on when we go to Dromana

Been driving the family nuts the last week trying to get up there, If I can scrounge up the money I may just take the bus though :D