• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
How many cals you rectum a kunce like me should be on to drop a little fat?

You need to track what you're eating for a week or two and see where you're at first. Are you gonna' crash diet or cut down over time?

You need to track what you're eating for a week or two and see where you're at first. Are you gonna' crash diet or cut down over time?

Over time Bro, need to preserve that muscle for the chicks, know what I mean?

Here is the thing, have never counted calories, when I needed to shave off a bit of fat, I'd stick to protein and significantly reduce carbs, sugar and salt, worked a charm, but with the 90's coming upon us I like to take a more scientific approach to and get to know know what foods number what, using the fancy 90's konpootor [MENTION=10084]Jungnaut[/MENTION] ; put me onto.

Just not sure what number to kick off at as, really dont know the values.

What do you weigh now and how much do you want to lose?

Steve, I assume I'm around 106kg, dont really want to lose a siginificant amount of weight, more or less continue to build muscle and cut a little fat at ther same time, drop say 5% BF by x-mass. Dreamyn?

Steve, I assume I'm around 106kg, dont really want to lose a siginificant amount of weight, more or less continue to build muscle and cut a little fat at ther same time, drop say 5% BF by x-mass. Dreamyn?

So assuming you're around 20% body fat (could be wrong), you're wanting to lose like 10-15kg? Definitely doable by Christmas. You could get there in half that time depending how strict your diet is.

Like others have said, start tracking your calories and macros with My Fitness Pal. Do it for about 2 weeks and you'll get a good idea of what you're currently eating and how it all breaks down. Without knowing your current macros, I'd hazard a guess that you'll probably need to increase protein, decrease high GI carbs and increase activity level (cardio).

So assuming you're around 20% body fat (could be wrong), you're wanting to lose like 10-15kg? Definitely doable by Christmas. You could get there in half that time depending how strict your diet is.

Like others have said, start tracking your calories and macros with My Fitness Pal. Do it for about 2 weeks and you'll get a good idea of what you're currently eating and how it all breaks down. Without knowing your current macros, I'd hazard a guess that you'll probably need to increase protein, decrease high GI carbs and increase activity level (cardio).

Steve, where the fuck am I getting all those carbs and fats from? :confused: Been eating like cross between and rabbit and a cat!
And I think 20% is quite close.

15.07.15.jpg photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Did you re-jig the activity level and macros yourself?

You'll have to repeat that in English bro, 80s English to be specific.
Farken smashed my cals limit already, only had 1/2 my carb allowance but overdosed on the fats and sodium big time.

You'll have to repeat that in English bro, 80s English to be specific.
Farken smashed my cals limit already, only had 1/2 my carb allowance but overdosed on the fats and sodium big time.
Did you fuck around with any of the settings

You can set how 'active' you are. If you're sitting at a desk all day, have it low, if you're on your feet, put it up.

Can also adjust the carb/protein/fat ratios to suit your own needs

You can set how 'active' you are. If you're sitting at a desk all day, have it low, if you're on your feet, put it up.

Can also adjust the carb/protein/fat ratios to suit your own needs

Aha yeah, that worked, what P,C,F ratios you chasing?
Only thing is the strength training I out didn't seem to affect the target goal, should it?

Yeah, it assumes you're not burning a lot of cals lifting weights, which I don't really agree with.

I'm shooting for 35:40:25 but i'm a rookie at this cutting stuff!

I'm a bit more ambitious, going for 50P/30C/20F.
My activity levels are fuck all during the day, just sit in my high back chair like Mr.Burns, don't even make my own coffee, mainly cos I love watching the hot Columbian chick bring it, and than she comes to collect the cup......always give her the "ken shmick" sign after nodding my approval at her arse. She appreciates the compliment too.

50P/30C/20F is pretty much what I cut on, and I have the same inactive type of job. I found I feel satiated during the day by avoiding carbs when sitting on my ass. So I'll have half my carbs with breakfast, which means it's pretty flexible. Then I'll have a protein shake and a container of nuts to snack on while at work. So my lunch is pretty small. Then a small carb meal before training (rice cakes), and the rest of my carbs with dinner.

It's just a trick that works for me, but ultimately weight loss will come down to your overall caloric intake.

One thing you'll notice when tracking calories is all the snacks/coffees high in calories you weren't really paying attention to. Taking those out of your diet will have a big impact.

50P/30C/20F is pretty much what I cut on, and I have the same inactive type of job. I found I feel satiated during the day by avoiding carbs when sitting on my ass. So I'll have half my carbs with breakfast, which means it's pretty flexible. Then I'll have a protein shake and a container of nuts to snack on while at work. So my lunch is pretty small. Then a small carb meal before training (rice cakes), and the rest of my carbs with dinner.

It's just a trick that works for me, but ultimately weight loss will come down to your overall caloric intake.

One thing you'll notice when tracking calories is all the snacks/coffees high in calories you weren't really paying attention to. Taking those out of your diet will have a big impact.

How many you cals you limit to?

I maintain around 2300 at 75kg. When I cut I reduce in 200 increments about 3 times as I plateau. So drop to 2100, then 1900 and finally 1700. When I reach 1700, it's torture and if I need to drop more body fat, I'll increase cardio.

How many times a week do you train? Ballpark figure, I'd guess you should be sitting on 3500 calories a day. Monitor for a few weeks and then reassess.

I'd start at 2800 cals with 200g of protein. Adjust after 2 weeks based off weight loss, measurements and gym performance.

Thanks dudes, I did 2000 today and it wasn't much food at all, pigged out in sausages and ended up with 36P, 22C, 42C.

Put it this way, I'm cutting from 88kg a month ago on average cals if around 2600-2700 per week. Average of 4-5 sessions per week

That is calorie cycling though. On my very low days, around 1500 high days about 5000.

Put it this way, I'm cutting from 88kg a month ago on average cals if around 2600-2700 per week. Average of 4-5 sessions per week

That is calorie cycling though. On my very low days, around 1500 high days about 5000.

Fark, that is a huge gap b/w 1500 and 5000

Yeah man. And I'm actually hungrier in the high cal /carb days.

I normally use a more straight line approach but was lacking a bit of motivation so wanted to try a different method (that I know has worked very well for me in the past)