• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
My son spilled tea on my keyboard and some keys now stick. Supposed to be Dim Sims,:D

North west NSW, near Goondiwindi QLD, and I use 'near' lightly, about 100km west from there, but it is the closest town.:cool:

Sounds heavenly Mick. Are you a Farmer, Grazier or just a property owner? What's it like living and training in the Outback?

Sounds heavenly Mick. Are you a Farmer, Grazier or just a property owner?

None of the above, just work out here. I do have a few acres on the coast though, mid north coast, but no farming going on there.

What's it like living and training in the Outback?

I quite like it, gets a bit too hot in summer for my liking, but will be moving to the coast when finances permit, hopefully soon.

Tassal tinned salmon with asian style sweet chilli with a cup of brown rice served on a small bag of steam fresh veggies. Yum

Misses bough some beef ribs yesterday which have been given a dry rub spice treatment last night and will slow cook in the oven today. When she bought the packs they said on them 1.5kg+ she assumed each pack was 1.5kg so bought 5 packs (7.5kg), we normally cook 6kg and give some to friends. when I got home I noticed each pack was between 2.2 and 2.6kg so we have 11.5kg of ribs !!!! Oops looks like I will be feeding the street or eating ribs for a week.

It's a fucking stupid argument to make regardless

Looking at foods in isolation like that makes absolutely zero sense

And potatoes are empty calories, very strange nutritional decision for anyone looking to limit calories

Not as fibrous as other vegetables vegetables. Less vitamins, minerals and very minimal protein.

And as my studies show stuffing your face full of carbs spikes insulin and leaves you ravenously hungry only a few hours later.

Potatoes was a fucking example. How do you not get what an example is.

In any case "potatoes are empty calories". You just failed day 1 of your remedial nutrition class with that statement.

Spiking insulin is not an issue if you don't have diabetes. Insulin is very anabolic, it's great for muscle growth if that's what you are after. Your fear of carbs Is misplaced and incorrect.

Last edited:

Spiking insulin is not an issue if you don't have diabetes. Insulin is very anabolic, it's great for muscle growth if that's what you are after. Your fear of carbs Is misplaced and incorrect.

Correct. The negative effects of Insulin are being way overblown. Insulin is a necessary anti-inflammatory, anabolic, and anti-cortisol agent. Sure you don't want systemically elevated insulin 24 hours a day, but unless you live on refined sugar that's not an issue.

BTW..

Potato.

Potatoes was a fucking example. How do you not get what an example is.

In any case "potatoes are empty calories". You just failed day 1 of your remedial nutrition class with that statement.

Yeah insulin is great when you're bulking, hampers lypolysis when cutting... which was highlighted in all the studies I posted proving my points which you have successfully ignored in lieu of more shit posting.

Good job.

Big plate of slow cooked BBQ beef ribs with veggies and a load of mashed potatoe. Very yummy and for some reason my body hair has gone mad !!!

Misses bough some beef ribs yesterday which have been given a dry rub spice treatment last night and will slow cook in the oven today. When she bought the packs they said on them 1.5kg+ she assumed each pack was 1.5kg so bought 5 packs (7.5kg), we normally cook 6kg and give some to friends. when I got home I noticed each pack was between 2.2 and 2.6kg so we have 11.5kg of ribs !!!! Oops looks like I will be feeding the street or eating ribs for a week.

Do you get a good price on these?? I went to buy some yesterday and they are $21/kg here, so she would have paid nearly $250 here for 11.5kg of ribs. I remember the days whet they were 99 cents a kilo and they were dog food, or butchers would give dog bones away for free, now they are charging $4 per kilo for dog food/bones which adds up quickly.

In saying that had American style pork ribs with 'Hogs Breath' marinade last night, and steak today, first time I had steak for ages, I did enjoy it.