• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

guy from work

usually they want you to fix something... (fix car/computer/microscope/change lightbulb sort of thing)
:D

oh, and probably because 99% of the time, the guy DOES want muffin...even if he's not allowed to :p
but whats to say that 99% of the time girls dont want some sausage for lunch?? :p

I dont think its wrong going to lunch with a guy from work.. because its just at the work cafe like not going out for a drive having a secluded lunch or something..
Im just wondering if you guys would ask a girl from work to lunch and pay every so often but are just "friends"

I cant speak for the guy in question but if/when I ask a female coworker to lunch I always pay, not because I'm trying to crack onto her but because it's considered polite, chivalry is not quite dead.

Theres a new guy at work at he always asks me to lunch and last time paid for it..
1. do u think he wants to get in my pants even thought ive spoken about my boyfriend before
2. do u guys do that often? i.e. shout girls lunch? maybe hes just a nice guy?

the last time i went out for drinks with someone from work ( he paid) he cracked onto me and tried to make me come home with him, then i didnt speak to him for days and he ended up leaving my work.. maybe scared i would get him into trouble?
im not sure how to interpret nice gestures from guys anymore

I Love these threads! They are awesome.

1. Yes he's trying to get into your pants. He's a dumb A$$ with
no 'balls' to have a crack at ya. Instead he's trying to 'buy' your
'affection'.

How do I know? - I used to be that guy!!! :eek:

Then I wised up saw my error. But it was too late for me.

2. If we (Men & women) are in self-centered behavior then who
cares if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend.....

Devante.

Last edited:
Usually if you ask someone out to lunch, you pay or at least offer to.

You'd feel pretty foolish if he was in fact gay.

Seriously Mocha, is it all innocent?
Would you tell your partner about some guy taking you to lunch and paying for it? even if it is at the work canteen.
How would you feel if some girl asked your partner out to lunch and payed at his canteen?
You see most guys know that to even get a chance of having lunch with a girl they have to take her where she would be most comfortable and work from there. After a couple of weeks he'll probably say, you know what, lets go somewhere different, my treat.
If you can say it doesn't bother you and you would tell him (your partner) honestly, from your heart, and not ramble out some politically correct jargon on this board, than don't worry about it. If not, than you have your answer.
I for one wouldn't appreciate my wife being taken out to lunch by some guy and he pays for her......fuck that shit......I would see ulterior motive written all over it, unless it was a work lunch, to discuss work matters of course.

Ahhh Woman: Strong, independent, logical, poweful............but fall for any sort of flattery known to man LOL.

G
G

Seriously Mocha, is it all innocent?
Would you tell your partner about some guy taking you to lunch and paying for it? even if it is at the work canteen.
How would you feel if some girl asked your partner out to lunch and payed at his canteen?
You see most guys know that to even get a chance of having lunch with a girl they have to take her where she would be most comfortable and work from there. After a couple of weeks he'll probably say, you know what, lets go somewhere different, my treat.
If you can say it doesn't bother you and you would tell him (your partner) honestly, from your heart, and not ramble out some politically correct jargon on this board, than don't worry about it. If not, than you have your answer.
I for one wouldn't appreciate my wife being taken out to lunch by some guy and he pays for her......fuck that shit......I would see ulterior motive written all over it, unless it was a work lunch, to discuss work matters of course.

Ahhh Woman: Strong, independent, logical, poweful............but fall for any sort of flattery known to man LOL.

G
G

good point,
I only posted because i know i have a tendency to over-analyse things, and i really try to see things from both perspectives.
I suppose I wouldnt be too cosy with my bf having lunch with a girl from work.I just wanted to know if you guys thought it was an innocent gesture, and something you would do with no intention of cracking onto the girl.
I just see random guys and girls always go down to lunch together at work, but i suppose I might be giving the wrong message especially if hes the new guy and doesnt even work in my area

Why are you over analysing this mocha? Do u fancy this bloke?

What i am trying to understand is you not comfortable with your bf having lunch a girl from work but u find it cool for random male n females to have lunch together... Confused. please help

Why are you over analysing this mocha? Do u fancy this bloke?

What i am trying to understand is you not comfortable with your bf having lunch a girl from work but u find it cool for random male n females to have lunch together... Confused. please help

no, because i dont know if its cool to be just friends with him and go to lunch/ chat like my uni mates, im not sure if my last bad experience was just a one- off or most guys who do that have intentions..

+1. agree. If your not cool with your fella doing the same thing then don't do it. Women just love the attention and think there nothing happening, next thing its drinks at some work party when your guard is down and BAM!

+1. agree. If your not cool with your fella doing the same thing then don't do it. Women just love the attention and think there nothing happening, next thing its drinks at some work party when your guard is down and BAM!

Didn't mocha say he had already tried that.