• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO National titles

A friendlier size

Back to Profile

Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.

38344_418714356883_666931883_5311448_317043_n.jpg

I'm definately interested in coming to watch the CAPO boys have a bash at some big weights at nationals.
However, how many of you guys are going to be competiting geared as opposed to raw?
After following some the WPO for a few years with the westide boys, elitefts, etc i'd be interested to see how us aussie guys rate..

capo nats

dont know who from qld said there would be 150 at the nats if they did they should get their crystal ball checked .we have a strong team up here not all are compeating this year ,the interest in qld. is strong and from reading your post a lot of banana benders will join us in the future so all looks good .a young b/builder who is part of our team and has a knee injury taking him out of this years nats at the last minute is nathan wallace ,nathan has a good write up in ironman mag this month ,worth a read .

LOL!
I compete in ipf and went to the nationals last week.. awesome experience and saw saw big weights get smashed.
But I wanted to have a look at the CAPO boys using their double ply and monlifts!

Raw lifting is good and kudos to those that lift raw but there is a certain art and science to lifting in "gear" and then double ply too!

Frank, in reguards to bench in have 2 questions.

1- can you sink the bar in to your chest a far as you want? I think yes, but looking for conformation from a proper ref....

2- once the ref calls press, even though it's still sunk into your chest if it dips then explodes up, is it still a missed lift?

Cheers frank.
Posted via Mobile Device

Greg Gordon is arguably the best teenage lifter in the country.

In the 100kg teenage section he will squat 300kg+, his torn pec may limit him to 170kg bench (did 180kg at 16) and he's likely to pull close to 300kg.

He doesnt wear multiply gear. He squatted 275kg x 3 with wraps and belt last week.

I really dont know much more about the other equipped lifters sorry, we'll find out soon enough.

bench press

hi pal no the bar must be controlled to touch your chest not sink in and then raise on the press call in otherwords you cant take it to touch receive the press call then sink it to get the extra lift up, mind you this is hard to judge unless is exadurated better to do it by the book than take the chance,by the way mark the 23 of october in your diary as a lifting day more news to on that in the next day or so

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up Frank. Much appreciated.

Bench in paradise? Push Pull?
I know we have a few coming up in QLD, I think it was big bench first up? Keep me posted :).

big bench

we were going to wait till the nats to set a date for the big bench but intersaters have squeezed a date out of us so its the 23rd of october at jeffs new gym which opens this sunday.the d/lift comp is a national event held the same time in each state then all put together via the web thats early december once again at jeffs gym so train strong and get on board any help i can be just yell frank

Scott,

I might see if I can swing by Jeff's new gym on Sunday around 4pm so will keep an eye out for you. I'll be the skinny little guy...

Cheers,
Mike

Im going aswell mike. I plan on signing up on sunday, I had a talk to Jeff this morning. Cant wait to start lifting there a couple times a week.