• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CAPO National titles

Gareth weighs 77kg, he is a junior I think.

He squats around 170, benches 120, deads 210, these lifts are from memory, but there close.

No Nico this time Scott, he hurt his back training at home, as did Jayden.

Jayden came around tonight to say hello. They have a set up at home and usually only lift at PTC once a week. No Nats for either boy.

Believe it or not, I'm a little dissapointed that nico won't be coming. I've been looking forward to meeting him since the vics.
Posted via Mobile Device

Taken from CAPO

ALL lifting and weigh-in schedules SUBJECT TO CHANGE, depending on number of entries received.

WEIGH-IN TIMES ( conducted at The Competition Venue , Saturday and Sunday)
ALL lifters MUST present at one of the times below

WEIGH-IN TIMES
Friday, 13th August Novice, Teenage, Master 9.00am to 11.00am
(Body World)TBC# Open Women 3.00pm to 5.00pm

Saturday, 14th Benchpress 9.00am to 11.00am
Open Men, Junior 10.00am to 12.00pm
Sunday, 15th Benchpress 7.00am to 8.30am "Last chance"
Open Men, Junior 8.00am to 9.30am "Last chance"

ALL lifting and weigh-in schedules SUBJECT TO CHANGE, depending on number of entries received.

LIFTING SCHEDULE AT THE EVENT

LIFTING SCHEDULE Start Time
Saturday, 14th Novice, Teenage, Master 9.00am to 3.00pm
Open Women 3.00pm to 7.00pm

Sunday, 15th Benchpress 9.00am to 10.00am
Open Men, Junior 10.00am to 7.00pm

Sunday, 15 August Presentation Dinner 7.00pm

I cant work out from this when junior men weigh in, and when we lift......

WOW, only 91 enterys for the nats...

Well short of the 150-200 that Ive been hearing around the place :eek:.

Saturday
NOVICE/MASTERS/TENAGE 27
WOMAN 13

Sunday
BENCHPRESS 9
OPEN MEN/JUNIORS 41

Who said 150-200 lol, 100 was the goal.

They would have passed it too if they got there act together with a few things.

Last years Nats had 57 lifters, so thats a pretty massive improvement.

Few guys at state were talking about 150+.

I agree that the would have got well over 100 though. Let's hope 2011 will be a much more organized year for capo.
I'm hoping for at least 4-5 comps.
Posted via Mobile Device

turning 19 next year, hopefully my parents let me see the world a bit by then to travel to the nats. ill still be training though, good luck to all at this years nat.

How could QLD be talking 150 when they get 9 lifters lol

From day one, I said to Paul I would target 100 lifters.

will be VERY different in Vic next year, announcement after the Nats.

Lol, not 150 from qld Markos hahaha.
A few blokes FROM qld said that around 150 total was expected.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know that, what I'm saying is they are so far off the pace, they really wouldnt know.

It will get much better up there with Jeff in charge, its an exciting time in QLD.

I know, its going to be AWESOME! His gym opens this Sunday so I'm going over at about 4pm to do a session with him. He is a strong guy.
It's going to be a commercial type set up, because that's what appeals to the majority, but he also will have a private section I believe, which is where the platforms and Texas bars ect will be. Im hopeing I'll get invited to lift in there with the big guns :D.

Its only a 5-10 min drive from my house which is great too.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know, its going to be AWESOME! His gym opens this Sunday so I'm going over at about 4pm to do a session with him. He is a strong guy.
Mate, where's that gym going to be? You're out Ipswich way aren't you? Would love a more powerlifting oriented setup than my current crappy Fitness First with noone to provide advice on form and no spots etc. Sick of the commercial gyms.

Cheers,
Mike

Nah mate, I'm at camp hill, 7kms from brisbane cbd.

Jeffs gym will be in west end
Posted via Mobile Device

Jeff is getting all the good gear. If you guys support him, then powerlifting in the area can only grow.

He will be hosting comps from what I understand.

Sounds good, might have to check it out when down that a way. Probably catch up with a few other qld members aswell if we make a day of it. It will be the closest CAPO lifting place to me

index.php