• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'll be half a rep on the bench (it'll come down but won't go back up) and possibly negative one on the deads.

if you go on aged score, I am actually a much better presser now than when at my biggest.

assisted by chemicals in early 1990s, I did 115kg at 100kg, and about 100kg at best off.

Please disqualify yourself based on this admission of guilt.

Did for a while but I'm the resident fatty now apparently so I've been dropping some weight. Hard to keep the strength up on a deficit :(

What about yourself?
How big a deficit? And what's your training like? Last two cuts I've done i still got stronger haha

How big a deficit? And what's your training like? Last two cuts I've done i still got stronger haha
Not a huge amount, around the 1700-1800 mark. Higher on weekends. Doing a fair chunk more cardio now just so I don't have to drop the cals more but they'll get to 1500 before I'm done.
But compared to the 2700-3000 I was having a couple of months ago, it's still fark all food lol
I'm still maintaining the same lifts at lower bw but they're grinders so don't think I'd have it in me to go up like I was.

Doing a bro split with heavy compound first. Similar to how I was training before but less times per week due to fitting the cardio in

Not a huge amount, around the 1700-1800 mark. Higher on weekends. Doing a fair chunk more cardio now just so I don't have to drop the cals more but they'll get to 1500 before I'm done.
But compared to the 2700-3000 I was having a couple of months ago, it's still fark all food lol
I'm still maintaining the same lifts at lower bw but they're grinders so don't think I'd have it in me to go up like I was.

Doing a bro split with heavy compound first. Similar to how I was training before but less times per week due to fitting the cardio in
Well with less lifting your strength will naturally suffer.
I've never added cardio. Never will. I hate it. I generally just add volume to my training. So i guess my strength maintenance / small gain just comes from more practice

77 now
Short stuff, remember ;)

I'm already in the gym for over an hour with the volume I do but like you say, hitting it once a week instead of twice is going to make the strength decline