• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

xfit appreciation thread

There's also an unnaturally high occurrence rate of rhebus or whatever that weird condition is where the muscle release toxins into the blood stream

Ok....I give up...what are you talking about? I've been searching google high and low fir what your talking about, but can't work it out....what condition releases toxins into the blood stream?

Ok....I give up...what are you talking about? I've been searching google high and low fir what your talking about, but can't work it out....what condition releases toxins into the blood stream?

Rhabdomyolysis.

It's from pushing yourself too hard. It causes muscle cells to break down and enter you blood stream and causes your kidneys to say "WHAT THE FUCK?" and turn your urine into coca cola and your skin into a tyre commercial. In severe cases you end up in hospital for a few days with a constant IV.

I like this idea very much...let's go and do it Andy..
do it ad your dead to me. :D

hey guys, lets hate on bodybuilders and their bro curl buddies and their 1/4 squats.... POWERLIFTERS/STRENGTH TRAINERS UNITE!!!!

Still sad no one answered my question about 15 odd pages back but I guess I should just take my answers from whats already been posted :p

if high rep compound lifts are risky to do often does that mean tabata thrusters are a no no? barbell complexes? burpees even? or is light/body weight stuff okay? Genuine question, please dont hurt me :p
^this. If I want to keep my fitness and conditioning up then people seem to recommend HIIT and other stuff which is usually composed of high rep compound movements, but now everyones saying crossfit is bad because they do that? :S

^this. If I want to keep my fitness and conditioning up then people seem to recommend HIIT and other stuff which is usually composed of high rep compound movements, but now everyones saying crossfit is bad because they do that? :S

People diss crossfit because it's those things you list. Instead, look at that as your conditioning work.

Just add some strength work as well.

Doing things in moderation is fine, so 10 power cleans in your program preceded by 10 squats and followed with 10 overhead presses etc is fine. 50 power cleans in a row is not fine especially when you are trying to beat a time and therefore sacrificing on form. Also what wingman said.

Doing things in moderation is fine, so 10 power cleans in your program preceded by 10 squats and followed with 10 overhead presses etc is fine. 50 power cleans in a row is not fine especially when you are trying to beat a time and therefore sacrificing on form. Also what wingman said.

What fatty Dave said. I was going to type it last night but cbf repeating