• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Working as "PT" without any certification?

That is ridiculous (horse story).

As has been said, OP, certification/qualifications are basically a piece of paper that allows easy access to insurance. The fitness industry is not regulated in Australia, you don't need a qualification to practise as a personal trainer.

Which one?

With the first one they had to pay all the medical bills

Just read through the thread, Paullie it took you quite a while to get Markos point. I prescribe more mafia movies and games for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

but moons, practicing as a PT is no good if you areheld liable for an injury. i.e. no cert, no insurance, no PT job.

Provided none of the equipment provided was falty etc, both stories are retarded.

My lawyer sueing my employer, because the round yard was not safe for employees, this is her I think 9th major accident with regards to workers but no one ever had the knowlegde to doing anything about it

dave, no shit, im italian, i should have worked that one out straight up. lol.

Markos has the extra option of drowning people before he burrys them, hahahaha. 64kg KB tied to the legs, easy.

As has been said, OP, certification/qualifications are basically a piece of paper that allows easy access to insurance.
And easier access to employment.

The fitness industry is not regulated in Australia, you don't need a qualification to practise as a personal trainer.
We leave it to the free market. Qualified or not, if you're really good people will want you, if you're not they won't.

For example, at both my workplaces, people get new routines every 4-8 weeks. On their programme cards is the name of the trainer who gave it to them. Whenever I see "Rob" on the card, many times the member refuses to get a new routine from anyone else - even though Rob has been away for more than two months now. When I see other trainers' names there, in most cases the member isn't fussed who they get the routine from. He's good, so he's in demand.

He has been there for years so it well-established. But it really does not take long for a new trainer to make themselves known at a new gym, members quickly figure out what the person is like.

Last edited:
but moons, practicing as a PT is no good if you areheld liable for an injury. i.e. no cert, no insurance, no PT job.

You don't necessarily need a certification for insurance. Look at PTC for example. You may have to work some serious magic (or pay some serious dollars) to get it without qualifications, though.

Insurance is necessary, of course... that is just common sense.

My lawyer sueing my employer, because the round yard was not safe for employees, this is her I think 9th major accident with regards to workers but no one ever had the knowlegde to doing anything about it

I'm not going to claim to know anything about your workplace or horses in general, but I do know that statistically riding a horse is more dangerous than riding a motorcycle (which I am intimately aware of as I ride one myself).

If you have a legitimate claim then by all means, go for the throat.

Edit: Kyle, I agree it allows greater employability.

I'm not sure self regulation has been the right direction as a general rule, however.

You don't necessarily need a certification for insurance. Look at PTC for example. You may have to work some serious magic (or pay some serious dollars) to get it without qualifications, though.

Insurance is necessary, of course... that is just common sense.

I'm not going to claim to know anything about your workplace or horses in general, but I do know that statistically riding a horse is more dangerous than riding a motorcycle (which I am intimately aware of as I ride one myself).

If you have a legitimate claim then by all means, go for the throat.

Edit: Kyle, I agree it allows greater employability.

I'm not sure self regulation has been the right direction as a general rule, however.

I do considering work safe has gotten involved and my employer no longer allowed to have employees, racing victoria are reviewing the matter as her license may be taken away for training horses. So not like I'm sueing my employer because I can.

yer moons. I was quoted $1500 for indemnity and liablilty insurance, which I was allowed to take out. But there was a clause in the insurance contract that stated any claim would be void if the insuree did not have the appropriate qualifications or experience. When I asked, what would constitute appropriate experience, no one could give me an answer.

Needless to say, I don't charge to use my gym to friends and there is no tip jar, yet I'm probably still vulnerable.

Very different in the States.

I spoke to a few guys that run PL gyms out of warehouses who are not qualified. They laugh at the qualification set up in the States.

You would think that America is the land of the law suit, yet these gyms operate everywhere.

Dave Tate even wrote recently how many fit outs he does in warehouses each month with his Elite equipment.

Serious lifters are moving out of pleasure spas.

Each month PL USA feature another gym like mine.

They must have clients sign a contract or something.

One guy runs a massive gym in a warehouse but is a school teacher during the day, each member gets a key and can train alone if he chooses.

There are somethings the Americans do much better than us, but lag behind in others, like public health insurance.

A good question arose about health insurance markos, is the goal to give people access to a system that simply doesnt work?

Anyway im looking for a PTC style place in sydney, i dont want to go to that sutherland place, heard alot of bad stuff about in good as well. But for the $$$ i dont want to put up with anything.

I think hulk should set up a PL garage and we can all be hard ****s there and do burnouts ... hmm rb20 powagee

I should add that this gym I'm talking about in Chicago, is only in a warehouse, but is state of the art. They have 3 monolifts, 5 competition benches, you can guess the rest.

Every cent it makes goes into buying equipment, he and his wife are both teachers, they dont need the income from the gym to survive.

A good question arose about health insurance markos, is the goal to give people access to a system that simply doesnt work?

Anyway im looking for a PTC style place in sydney, i dont want to go to that sutherland place, heard alot of bad stuff about in good as well. But for the $$$ i dont want to put up with anything.

I think hulk should set up a PL garage and we can all be hard ****s there and do burnouts ... hmm rb20 powagee
Where do u train now?

I reckon Petes place is superb, all the guys I've sent there rave about it.

He also produces some of the best athletes in Australia.

He's forgotten more about S&C than most coaches in Australia know.

Max would train there in a heartbeat if we lived in Sydney, I cant give higher praise than that.

Where do u train now?

At the moment a shit hole FF. ABC bars and plates. I train there because i can either use that gym or the one out near my mrs house on weekend fors the same price. About 30$ a fortnight.

Was looking at golds they want about $11 a week for students but i dont want to go to surry hills to trian.

At the moment a shit hole FF. ABC bars and plates. I train there because i can either use that gym or the one out near my mrs house on weekend fors the same price. About 30$ a fortnight.

Was looking at golds they want about $11 a week for students but i dont want to go to surry hills to trian.

Seriously Christian, you train at Finance First and wont train at SS&S because you've heard bad things lol

Thats the funniest thing youve ever written.

I guess you train at Fatness First because you only heard good things about it

Oh the irony

Apart from the line ups I've never minded commercial gyms. You have a rack, a couple of benches and a barbell and if you buy a PTC shirt the place can have 'attitude' too, wtf is the excuse?

Its more the chalk, deadlifts are frowned at, no bumpers, no Oly lifts and atmosphere.

Once you lift in a PL gym Oli, you'll never want to lift anywhere else, trust me.

No chains, boxes, bands, Atlas Stones.

I know I trained for 12 years in commercial gyms, but they were nothing like today.

You cant miss what youve never had Oli