• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'll never be your buddy you can count on that. Yet another straw man argument still. Try another tactic, you've been exposed.

Still up to you to disprove the laws of physics.

Again, that's all I quoted.

Your walls of text won't work here.

Still up to you to disprove the laws of physics.

Again, that's all I quoted.

Your walls of text won't work here.
Why would I want to disprove the laws of physics? What possible benefit would I gain from that now? If you wish to disprove any established scientific law, be my guest.

Why would I want to disprove the laws of physics? What possible benefit would I gain from that now? If you wish to disprove any established scientific law, be my guest.

Come on big fella. You can do better than that.

I'm not the big fella here, you are!

All I did what direct quote the laws of physics and you don't like it.

Don't claim I need to prove anything.

That's all up to you to show the scientists of today are wrong.

Last edited:
All I did what direct quote the laws of physics and you don't like it.

Don't claim I need to prove anything.

That's all up to you to show the scientists of today are wrong.
Straw man arguments won't save you, they have passed their use by date I'm afraid.

Hey bazza, talking of being a big fella (of whom I believe you truly are), I'm never big when I sit behind my computer screen. I won't waste any more of my time on you, I've already said too much. The floor is all yours, so carry on without me .......

Straw man arguments won't save you, they have passed their use by date I'm afraid.

Hey bazza, talking of being a big fella (of whom I believe you truly are), I'm never big when I sit behind my computer screen. I won't waste any more of my time on you, I've already said too much. The floor is all yours, so carry on without me .......

I don't even think you know what a straw man argument is. You are letting your hatred for me cloud your judgement so bad that you are trying to argue the current accepted laws of physics.

Nice try. Come on mate, making a fool of yourself now.

I actually agree with opening post/thread, but probably do so on premise that is what has always suited me.

however, I have consistently argued that different methods can suit different people, based on their mental and physical recovery. I have always needed to back off intensity before pushing to failure/grinding every now and then.

As for physics, I know little.

Common sense would indicate for both speed and so-called grinding, or both heavy or moderate weights (in terms of max).

How about; strength is the ability to produce power.

For the lifting hobbyist speed is difficult to measure, (the heavier the weight the slower you will move) but progression is easy to measure and this is the common tool used for years, for the powerlifter it's different.

moving slower does not mean you are weaker, if the weight is too heavy you won't be able to move, too light and it becomes useless, even dangerous.

fatiguing is another topic.

ive looked into and read much about tolls used to measure muscular strength (foot pounds) there are no tools that exsist, except only a handful of devices that can isolate a muscle.

Grinding?
i think he means the breakdown of form; rep cadence, using hitching, moving the body around to manipulate the bar.

cheating, has its place in certain exercises, but this is the powerlifting forum.

Last edited:
Grinding tome is extremely hard lifts, doing whatever it takes to get weight up within some resemblance to proper form.

I think the terms power, force, strength etc....get used interchangeably and this is not correct in the strict sense.

a more useful and very simple measure of the output of the lifter is the kinetic energy they generate in a movement which is measured in Joules and expressed simplistically in the equation KE(Joules) = 1/2mv^2

This simple equation demonstrates the very meaningful contribution of velocity. That is, the amount of kinetic energy increases with the square of the velocity whereas increasing the mass only provides smaller contribution.

To generate more Joules, increase velocity. You can't do that with a maximum limit weight.

Having to grind the weight up is an easy indicator that failure is imminent so for the average lifter is a good feedback system to know when to stop. Because even though you want to fatigue a muscle, going to absolute failure all the time (like you see what most gym goers do at least in commy gyms) isn't exactly helpful for building muscle or increasing strength. This vid was probably made to illustrate power/joules/force/einstein in laymans terms so that the bros can wrap their meatheads around it.

Can someone explain bloody 'grinding' to me

DE4O9Ox.gif