• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why Policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
for athletic sports, it is also (more?) about recovery (just ask our in-house drug cheat 0ni :p) rather than sheer size and strength.

I think it is a noble goal to make all of Australian sport 100% drug abuse free or illegal drug-free (completely drug-free is a different matter).
it would be even better if all people involved in sport had the integrity to not try to gain unfair advantage.. but you can't legislate or test for that :D
Back before testing, it was an issue of trust and integrity.

now everyone is assumed to be a drug cheat, unless tested to be negative... :(

you could do a cost recovery process, ie, get busted, pay $10K for other peoples tests... but that assumes you will have 10% peopleusing AND getting caught..
maybe now is a good time to buy shares in drug testing labs?
Vonfram, are you involved in either the testing process, or the enforcement/formulation of the rules?

Yes in cycling especially it's more to allow you to train all the time without dying then directly making you stronger. They never caught any of us anyway, sometimes I wonder if they deliberately screwed the results lol

Vonfram I thought your threads had all the makings of classic paranoid schizophrenic delusions of the highest order. Given whats come to light in the last two days I'm beginning to think we may actually see sweeping changes in organised sports the likes of which haven't happened since the 1980's.

Kudos to you my friend. When you created this thread who would have thought teams in both the AFL and NRL would be embroiled in doping controversy.

What does it mean for other organised sports in particular BB and PL, well they are never going to change but we might see the organisers and participants been a little more discreet about their drug use, but nothing else will change.

More importantly is it going to change the lazy consumer give it to me now generation who start taking steroids in their early 20's and have their passion for the iron go hand in hand with their drug use? Probably not but maybe to some extent.

Certainly steroids and crime go hand in hand, I've knocked around with enough low lifes and spent enough time in places I'd rather forget to know that any kind of drugs is dirty business run by shitty people. Most of the characters selling this shit (and I mean wholesale) I wouldn't trust to borrow my car or lend $100 but people trust what their giving them is good enough to fill a syringe and put into the biggest muscle group in their body.

Let the debate rage.

I expected flak when I first raised the issue and it happened in the manner that could be expected, given the personality types involved. I also predicted investigation and intervention at a Federal level and that heads will roll. That is now happening. A lucky guess hey?

Now my next prediction, is that beyond the investigation into black market PED, the tentacles of ASADA and the crime commission will reach into the other avenues of supply. That particular investigation is one that blind Freddy could run.

When an expert panel is consulted on what constitutes a reasonable volume of dispense of certain controlled substances by pharmacies and a reasonable issue of prescriptions by doctors, the names of the patients will come to light.

i dont understand how its news to anyone. We've been saying people in tested feds / sports have been on the juice for as long as i can remember.

Also lol at everyone saying that Australian sport was clean etc etc lmao
I told you so

i dont understand how its news to anyone. We've been saying people in tested feds / sports have been on the juice for as long as i can remember.

And from this point on that behaviour can be consigned to history and can become a distant memory. There is an opportunity for re-unification and to wipe the slates clean.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the sport that is thought of as one of the dirtiest actually took the lead?

More importantly is it going to change the lazy consumer give it to me now generation who start taking steroids in their early 20's and have their passion for the iron go hand in hand with their drug use? Probably not but maybe to some extent.

I think these guys and the sporting world are a little different.

I stopped by another forum recently and its quite scary how much of a high % of its userbase thinks PEDs are necessary. Many of whom aren't that impressive strength/physique wise.

Pa lifters are tested in and out of comp- urine and blood.
I highly doubt people are using hgh.
I know most of the top PA guys personally- and they are actually drug free.
Does anyone actually think any of the top PA people are actually using or are people just trolling?

So everyone else except PLs are using?

Why go in a tested fed when you have the option to lift untested. Most of the guys in pa are staunchly anti steroids thats a big part of why alot of them lift in that fed.

When you created this thread who would have thought teams in both the AFL and NRL would be embroiled in doping controversy.
hey Fluffster, you don't follow AFL/NRL do you. Pretty sure doping has always been a part of AFL/NRL.
Does anyone actually think any of the top PA people are actually using or are people just trolling?
wouldn't that be due to the lack of financial rewards in PA. As soon as money becomes a big part of PA like AFL or NRL, doping will become a big problem too, even in PA.

hey Fluffster, you don't follow AFL/NRL do you. Pretty sure doping has always been a part of AFL/NRL.

wouldn't that be due to the lack of financial rewards in PA. As soon as money becomes a big part of PA like AFL or NRL, doping will become a big problem too, even in PA.

I think the difference here is that this was organised at club level by the officials. Where I used to lift there was a couple titans under 20's lifting in the off season
These guys were definietly on cycle and knocking round with a few rogues I know, there was no doubt these kids were doing everything they could to try and crack into the league but thats totally different to systematic cheating by s whole team.

Plus like you said theres money on the line in footy aint nothing but bragging rights in IPF.

That's speculation- I don't see the point or value in that. I understand that the desire to cheat is linked to incentives to cheat/ but my response is simply to the suggestions earlier in this thread that of course there are drugs or more specifically PEDs in PA. It's easy to cast doubt and its practically impossible to be ensured that anyone is clean- at least to the satisfaction of skeptics- but I'm saying none of the top people are cheats and I personally do not know of any cheats. Hozjan- clean: Baxter- clean: Dave Jame- clean: Ngheip Luu- clean: me- clean. Cheats???? None I'm aware of.
If the point made earlier is that some members at some point have used something off the prohibited list- well are we talking about taking stuff while they were a member? Are we talking PEDs?
I know I sound like a broken record, but I often get annoyed by the speculation. I have never judged others by their choices and I'm not one of those people that likes to make assumptions about others regardless of feds, but I do often hear people stating with apparent authority about people in PA cheating. It annoys me personally because I have been the target of this- quite a few times- and this has impacted on me and others- and its just baseless speculation.

Last edited:
I think these guys and the sporting world are a little different.

I stopped by another forum recently and its quite scary how much of a high % of its userbase thinks PEDs are necessary. Many of whom aren't that impressive strength/physique wise.

Fucking lol that forum cracks me up sometimes. 19, 75kg benching 80 for 4 reps should I do test or tren for my second cycle and is it okay to use dnp in pct to stay shredded........

The youth of today aye.

I know at least 3 guys that compete in PA that use peptides and one that uses AAS. A few that also use drugs recreationally. This isnt speculation, i actually know them. There is no such thing as a drug free meet

Really unless you are with someone 24 hours a day you don't know that they are not on. You can have a good idea but never be 100%

Yeah fluff few blokes done cycles at the footy club. Not one of them could deadlift 140kg. No one likes the reality of hitting the weights for years on end to get results. If they're not ripped after 2 months its time to find a dealer.

I got asked what i was running at the footy club yesterday lol
I lied and said i get drug tested for PL just so they would shut up
>5'10 70kg

I know at least 3 guys that compete in PA that use peptides and one that uses AAS. A few that also use drugs recreationally. This isnt speculation, i actually know them. There is no such thing as a drug free meet

let me guess- none are particularly good lifters???
I know there is no way to keep these kind of people out- but they are losers and they are not in any way typical.

In fact, you can have a drug free meet. I think what you are trying to say is that you cannot conclusively prove that its drug free so long as its possible to cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.