• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why Policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever taken albuterol or depressants for long periods of time Fluffy?

I haven't taken albuterol but I can see why it should be banned.

I can tell ya though brother I've had more vices then you've had hot dinners. I can tell you chewing xanax or valiums or any other depressent or smoking heaps of pot is no good for your training or mental health.

Now are these performance enhancing, absolutely anything that can dull game day state of mind, alay your natural anxiety can enhance your performance if used correctly. You are failing to get through your head that competition is as much mental as physical.

Also I think you missed the memo been a pot head hasn't been cool since nirvana was in the charts.

Hugs not drugs onus.

This is how I see drugs in strength sports. You have a choice if you want to compete in a tested fed or not. If you chose to compete in a tested fed, PA, thats all good. No problem here. But dont call out other feds that dont! If you compete in an untested fed, you have no right to question other athletes. You chose to compete..deal with it! The whole argument shits me to tears and I couldnt give a rats arse what you think.

I compete in strongman at an international level. I am a clean athlete, dont take PED's and have competed in a tested fed and non tested. Do you think I brought the subject up when I competed against 8 guys that competed at Worlds Strongest Man this year? No..I just fucking delt with it. Train your weaknesses and become a better athlete

Probably off track with this thread but I just think the argument is fucking weak.

Last edited:
This is how I see drugs in strength sports. You have a choice if you want to compete in a tested fed or not. If you chose to compete in a tested fed, PA, thats all good. No problem here. But dont call out other feds that dont! If you compete in an untested fed, you have no right to question other athletes. You chose to compete..deal with it! The whole argument shits me to tears and I couldnt give a rats arse what you think.

I compete in strongman at an international level. I am a clean athlete, dont take PED's and have competed in a tested fed and non tested. Do you think I brought the subject up when I competed against 8 guys that competed at Worlds Strongest Man this year? No..I just fucking delt with it. Train your weaknesses and become a better athlete

Probably off track with this thread but I just think the argument is fucking weak.
We you aware the other competitors were taking PED's? maybe they wer elike you and clean competing in non tested fed?

I still can't fathom why a clean athlete would compete in a non tested fed be it Strongman, powerlifting or bodybuilding. makes no sense to me.

No thats not it at all.
I don't care if some one uses or not, but for a self proclaimed clean athlete knowingly competing against users when there is a viable alternative makes no sense to me. Anyhow, everyone has choices.

I haven't taken albuterol but I can see why it should be banned.

I can tell ya though brother I've had more vices then you've had hot dinners. I can tell you chewing xanax or valiums or any other depressent or smoking heaps of pot is no good for your training or mental health.

Now are these performance enhancing, absolutely anything that can dull game day state of mind, alay your natural anxiety can enhance your performance if used correctly. You are failing to get through your head that competition is as much mental as physical.

Also I think you missed the memo been a pot head hasn't been cool since nirvana was in the charts.

Hugs not drugs onus.

I do not agree with the sentiment that psychological aids should be banned from competition. What you say about drugs is true but then again, there is a middle ground. I have that middle ground with alcohol and cannabis but could never with opiates. I know plenty of people where it is the opposite however and don't think it's as clear cut as 'if you take X drug, your training will suffer'.

Will taking a Xanax to get a good nights sleep twice a week effect your training? Probably not. Will a few beers at the weekend effect it? Probably not again. Will caning the weed every day effect it? Most likely, as you'll be screwing with your dopamine levels considerably

No thats not it at all.
I don't care if some one uses or not, but for a self proclaimed clean athlete knowingly competing against users when there is a viable alternative makes no sense to me. Anyhow, everyone has choices.

Because taking steroids doesn't give you that much of an advantage over clean users.
People are going to crack all sorts of shit over this comment but I don't give a fuck. Since the advent of steroids people haven't got any stronger than they were in the pre-steroid era. The IPF records are incredibly similar to the records in untested feds. Steroids will make you get stronger faster for sure but do they really change how strong you can get? Definitely if you're using them to gain extra muscle mass that you can't achieve naturally but for other people? I don't see any evidence proving this. If anyone has this evidence then feel free to post it. Bottom line is people these days are weaker than in the 70's and 80's despite pharmacology and training methods being more "advanced". Raw world records get broken in mainly tested feds and we are still all weaker than people in the 1800's and early 1900's

That is all I have to say on the subject. That and I don't give a fuck if someone I am competing against takes steroids

No thats not it at all.

Thats right and I choose to do so. Its never bothered me and probably never will.

There are many, many differences in feds, even within aus.

Its my belief that most, if not all of the GPC members do not compete with us because of teh lack of testing, and teh overwhelming majority would be life time drug free.

There are many, many differences in feds, even within aus.

Its my belief that most, if not all of the GPC members do not compete with us because of teh lack of testing, and teh overwhelming majority would be life time drug free.

I'd beleive that too and I think that most of the competitors compete just to beat thier PB's

First of all thats not what the post is about. Its questioning the need to have a banned substance list or even testing to raise the profile of the sport, so the sport actually gets somewhere. Whether you like it or not, the masses dont agree with PED use.

Secondly, the choice for clean athletes isnt as simple as you make it. Id like to lift in a drug tested federation, but fact is, PA isnt all that appealing. You see there are other reasons to not lift PA, and unfortunately they are overwhelming for most.

If PA retired their exclusion rule, the flood gates would open, and I think youll find their comps and standards would improve, and most clean lifters would end up only lifting PA. Its inevitable one day I think.

First of all thats not what the post is about. Its questioning the need to have a banned substance list or even testing to raise the profile of the sport, so the sport actually gets somewhere. Whether you like it or not, the masses dont agree with PED use.

Secondly, the choice for clean athletes isnt as simple as you make it. Id like to lift in a drug tested federation, but fact is, PA isnt all that appealing. You see there are other reasons to not lift PA, and unfortunately they are overwhelming for most.

If PA retired their exclusion rule, the flood gates would open, and I think youll find their comps and standards would improve, and most clean lifters would end up only lifting PA. Its inevitable one day I think.

PA can't because then they forgo their testing funding. Plus the noncompete thing is an IPF rule to try and get recognised for the olympics, or so I believe. Maybe a PA member can chime in surely we have a few on the forum.

I dont buy into the papers. Im simply commenting about my experience talking to people.

Its not accepted at an international level in sports, and its a step that may need to be taken to grow the sport, thats all Im saying, and what von is alluding too.

PA can't because then they forgo their testing funding. Plus the noncompete thing is an IPF rule to try and get recognised for the olympics, or so I believe. Maybe a PA member can chime in surely we have a few on the forum.

OK, I didnt think this was an IPF policy, only a PA policy.

Shame.

Pretty sure guy will find that it's an asada policy, not PA, but they must enforce it.

I also don't think the public is against PEDs. They are against cheating, if anything at all.

This thread hurt my brain, but my opinions;
- GPC (and other untested feds) should have a policy that states the organisation is against the use of PED's, but financial restraints do not allow for this to happen, and have a banned substances list.

- If you beleive PA (or any other tested fed/sport) is completely drug free then you are very naive, HGH cannot be detected in urine, or with GC/MS which is what is commonly used, and what i can only assume ASSADA is using. Only blood tests (at this stage) will pick up HGH.

What is PA's drug testing policy? At comps only? Or rock up at training? Or?

Status
Not open for further replies.