• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why Policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got asked what i was running at the footy club yesterday lol
I lied and said i get drug tested for PL just so they would shut up
>5'10 70kg

That will be the other thing now anyone with a little bit of muscle people are going to assume you're on. Saw my parents yesterday and they were probing me with a few funny questions.

Didn't help one of their friends found gear in their sons room.

let me guess- none are particularly good lifters???
I know there is no way to keep these kind of people out- but they are losers and they are not in any way typical.

In fact, you can have a drug free meet. I think what you are trying to say is that you cannot conclusively prove that its drug free so long as its possible to cheat.

Now who's speculating? This debate is silly

Now who's speculating? This debate is silly

Speculating about what?
About the guys you know that are cheating?
I'm saying they are not typical and that despite the fact that you know some guys that are on, these losers are not the norm.

The comment about the fact that you can actually have a drug free meet is simply a logical point.

The point I'm making is it is dead easy to cast doubt on people- without any basis in fact. I could speculate that those that do this are motivated by jealousy and their own insecurities which lead them to criticise and undermine others so as to elevate themselves by bringing down others. But, I don't know for sure, so I just remain silent on such things.

What I respond to is the suggestion that you can't take the drug-free claims of PA lifters seriously or that there is significant drug abuse or that cheating is easy and is happening in some significant way. A few losers on the fringes is hard to stamp out and means nothing much at the end of the day. Forgive the sensitivity here but as I said the top lifters are all my friends and they, like myself, are often subject to innuendo and rumor. It gets very tired.

The AFL couldn't catch the cheats what makes anyone believe PA or any tested club or code is any better than the AFL.

In saying that I can see why AFL players might use drugs with the money available. I can't understand why anyone would use drugs in powerlifting a sport that costs you more money than you will ever make.

This is the problem for PL as I see it- a bunch of people get caught out- here in AFL- and then as a result it places a question mark over all tested sports.
Imagine the frustration then, for the core of lifters in PA who are in fact drug free and committed to drug free sport, when people start suggesting that there cheating going on in PA and to support this they simply refer to allegations about a different sport.

0ni, for someone that has been involved in powerlifting for so little time, lives in the middle of nowhere, has a pro-doping stance and has nothing to do with PA, I'm surprised you even know 4 PA lifters personally, let alone enough to personally know a subset of 7-8 who allegedly dope or take recreational drugs.

Weird that I've trained with, met, made friends with, competed against maybe 50-100 people at PA and I haven't encountered the same peptide and AAS abuse you have. If the topic of supplements or anything like it comes up, it's usually what brand of protein can I trust that won't be tainted.

So long as you are slinging mud from behind a keyboard you are speculating.

Spritcha won't say it, because he's not a man to complain about such matters, but this kind of speculation has a real world impact on the PA lifters who are actually good enough to qualify for the Registered Testing Pool and subject themselves to round the clock out of comp surprise testing. It's not unusual to get woken up at 6am at home and have to do tests before going to work - or at the end of training, but struggle to produce a concentrated urine sample, so have to wait around until the early hours of the morning with the tester when all they want to do is go home and sleep. These tests often happen because unfounded rumours made over specific people.

But these guys are happy to go through with such imposition on their lives, because they actually believe in the aims of anti-doping. Can you see why your generalisations might cause a little offence?

I don't believe PA is 100% clean or ever could be. But I am committed to PA because I support the ideals of anti-doping and hope that one day it could be drug-free.

Interesting to see your guys perspectives, the achievements in PA and their stance is inspiring.

Last edited:
One only has to look at the progress of the top lifters in PA year in year out.

There are generally no staggering leaps in totals or individual lifts.

no, I think we have worked out that there is nothing we could do that would satisfy the skeptics. It does raise the question however- why would you suspect they aren't clean?

I believe most if not all the top PA guys are clean. Where did I say otherwise?
It was just a silly statement I was responding to as there's numerous guys at the top of the untested Feds juiced to the gills who don't have "staggering leaps" in their lifts year in & year out...

I believe most if not all the top PA guys are clean. Where did I say otherwise?
It was just a silly statement I was responding to as there's numerous guys at the top of the untested Feds juiced to the gills who don't have "staggering leaps" in their lifts year in & year out...
I wasn't meaning you personally- I was just meaning why would anyone suspect any were cheating- against the background of hearing again and again people saying that guys in PA juice.

I wasn't meaning you personally- I was just meaning why would anyone suspect any were cheating- against the background of hearing again and again people saying that guys in PA juice.

Probably because it happens in nearly every sport so a lot of people just assume I guess. Though I think PL is different in that you guys aren't making a living out of it so there's little reason to 'cheat'.

One only has to look at the progress of the top lifters in PA year in year out.

There are generally no staggering leaps in totals or individual lifts.

Spot on - I would be very surprised if anyone in PA is actually using PED's. In terms of testing and policy I don't think there is much more they could do and I would think that people that lift in PA are specifically lifting in that Fed because they are opposed to PED's and want to compete in an environment that prohibits its use. Allegations that people are using PED's without coming forward with direct proof tarnishes the reputation of those who are observing the rules and the image of the Federation itself.

Fuck me, so much bias in here

It's hilarious
WE ARE ALL NATURAL, MONEY IS THE ONLY MOTIVE TO TAKE DRUGS, IF YOU DISAGREE THEN YOU ARE JUST TROLLING. THE FEW THAT TAKE DRUGS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE DRUGS R 5 LOOZERS

Status
Not open for further replies.