• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Why Policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is hard to find an instance where the staunchly drug free proponents in this forum have shown "elitism" or passed judgement on lifters from federations that lack a testing policy.

You are one fucking cheeky kunt m8

http://ausbb.com/strength-training-...t-room-emperors-new-clothes-4.html#post399856
"I would be concerned for you if you get busted for recreational drugs. At least your cell mate by the name of "Bubba" could help you with your back arch."

What are your lifts Von?
I have a zero total.

What are your LFT's like?

Criticize the lack of transparency- that's fine. Or the processes- fine. If you have legitimate reasons to suspect someone- raise them. What I have been saying is don't speculate if you have no real reason to. This goes for people whatever fed. Like I said, people should not speculate about gpc or capo people either. It's just that some people seem to think PA people are fair game. It's easy to cast doubts. But without any reason you'll likely get called out as a dick head. Why? For the same reason you would for speculating online about anyone without a good reason. Obviously I am subject to testing and investigation- if anyone discovers something that suggests I'm dodgey - tell the world- but otherwise I'm inclined to think people should assume I'm innocent rather than guilty.
I know no one has singled me out- but it's not hard to see how someone reading a forum like this could take a statement that pa lifters are likely cheating as casting doubts over someone like me who is a prominent lifter.
Of course you can question all you want and I can do little to satisfy skeptics despite the fact that I get random tested 5-6 times per year- out of comp- blood and urine. I have had a hard time in the past because of things that people have claimed online. So I believe it's a balancing act- ask questions and ask for transparency- but understand that baseless speculation gets taken out of context and makes the lives of people like me more difficult.

SP, not sure whether your argument holds.

Take Dick Pound, someone in the know for many years.

He could say nothing to respect major drug-tested sports, but he says much about the many in drug-tested sports who may be still cheating.

I think the Dick Pounds of the world are indeed important to ensure that the public does not become too naive.

Like most things, there is pros and cons in the stance we all take, but we must be free to go either way.

Saying that there is a good chance that some in a drug-tested fed are still cheating will never be deemed defamatory. Based on recent evidence, Lance Armstrong and Marion Jones and now peptides with no valid tests yet, the public now knows that drug tests are not fool-proof.

I tend to believe PA lifters are basically clean for a number of reasons, but mainly because there is so much choice for lifters in feds. In powerlifting, one who cheats in PA is perhaps worse than those cheating in other sports where there is just one fed and less choice.

Having said that, i would never be stupid enough to imply one fed is all clean or dirty. There are a number of reasons why each is attracted to different feds.

I like the fact that all of us, associated with different feds and different hormone levels, can communicate reasonably on the subject matter.

As for PA, i also feel it could improve the perception towards its leading lifters by reporting just who gets tested and when, as the USAPL does.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...8dHl1SS1pejZmS3o3VU4yUkg0T0ZtRVE&hl=en#gid=13

Having said that is Oni the Dick Pound of AusBB? Probably not.

Last edited:
Dick Pound. That name has a sort of weight to it.

Clean? Dirty? Come on Chris you should know better than to use such language. If you want to invite rational response and discussion then best to avoid such terminology.

I think 'VON' is a bit of a wanker, i think 'VON' has too much time on his hands or something else in his hand, get back to training 'VON', other than on a keyboard.

29 pages of unfounded moronic crap thats aimed fair and square at our drug free competitors. To assume anyone takes drugs when infact you dont know that they do, is childish and uneducated.

0ni, for someone that has been involved in powerlifting for so little time, lives in the middle of nowhere, has a pro-doping stance and has nothing to do with PA, I'm surprised you even know 4 PA lifters personally, let alone enough to personally know a subset of 7-8 who allegedly dope or take recreational drugs.

Weird that I've trained with, met, made friends with, competed against maybe 50-100 people at PA and I haven't encountered the same peptide and AAS abuse you have. If the topic of supplements or anything like it comes up, it's usually what brand of protein can I trust that won't be tainted.

So long as you are slinging mud from behind a keyboard you are speculating.

Spritcha won't say it, because he's not a man to complain about such matters, but this kind of speculation has a real world impact on the PA lifters who are actually good enough to qualify for the Registered Testing Pool and subject themselves to round the clock out of comp surprise testing. It's not unusual to get woken up at 6am at home and have to do tests before going to work - or at the end of training, but struggle to produce a concentrated urine sample, so have to wait around until the early hours of the morning with the tester when all they want to do is go home and sleep. These tests often happen because unfounded rumours made over specific people.

But these guys are happy to go through with such imposition on their lives, because they actually believe in the aims of anti-doping. Can you see why your generalisations might cause a little offence?

I don't believe PA is 100% clean or ever could be. But I am committed to PA because I support the ideals of anti-doping and hope that one day it could be drug-free.

best post on here and overlooked by many.:cool:

All the answers are found in this post...

I am a "psychonaut" and love trying different drugs and experiencing different things. I keep detailed trip reports of every single chemical that I have taken. I only ever take pharmaceutical grade chemicals either manufactured by myself (easier than it sounds), a friend or bought from a lab/pharmacy. Here is a list of what I have taken and a very brief summary of each one. I've never bought a drug from the streets apart from cannabis.

Cannabis (my favourite drug as it can be used often)
Alcohol (I like this sometimes when I go out but overall I rank it pretty low)

Euphoragenics / Empathogens:
MDMA (a fantastic drug for the first time user. Incredible euphoria and in my top 3. Favourite ROA is 100mg insufflated and 250mg eaten at the same time)
MDA (Pretty nice, it's hard to not compare this to MDMA. Very trippy and I felt like I was watching myself from the corner of the room. 150mg insufflated is very good. Combining with MDMA ruined the MDMA but it goes very well with MDE)
MDE (like MDMA, but more buzz and less empathy)

Psychedelics:
LSD (absolutely incredible, wouldn't recommend to a first time user of psychedelic drugs but is a solid 3rd or 4th trip. Lots of fractals)
2C-b (very "brain" trippyness. Good visuals but not the best)
2C-e (Favourite psychedelic by far. It's like taking LSD with MDMA. The euphoria is amazing. Notible trip was my iTunes playlist moving around then flying out my screen into the middle of the room where it formed a giant 3D rotating skull with the words. Combined with morphine the euphoria was amazing and I just lay in bed squirming around. It was like a full body orgasm)
2C-i (very good first trip. Nice visuals and very "brain" in it's trippyness. Notible trip was the walls of buildings outside were built out of linked wrists)
Salvinorum (Very short and intense. After smoking the effects came on instantly and lasted about 10 minutes. I had complete ego loss on this. Unlike anything else that I have tried completely, hard to describe but it's pretty much like dreaming. You're just in a totally different place, you forget about who you are in real life and it is like the trip is real life. Can be scary because of this but it only lasts a few minutes before you're completely back to normal. Very good for if you have 30 mins to kill and want to experience something new. No two trips are the same)
Psylocin (Incredible. Fantastic colours and wavy visuals)
Psylocybin (Very dark trip but not scary. Goes well with psylocin)
25C-NBOMe (Very much like 2c-i, but different. More like LSD
AMT (very brainy in it's trippyness. My mate was holding a banana and it was really funny watching him realise that the banana was "the reason behind everything" and start worshiping it. Eventually it turned started to go brown and he ate it to consume it's power. It was the best goddamn banana he had ever eaten)
LSA (My very first trip. Didn't really like it and felt sick. After getting home I turned the lights out to go to sleep and the closed eye visuals were amazing. Lots of fractals)
Mescaline (went on way too long for my liking but was a very good trip)
5-MeO-DALT (Dark and scary trip. This is the chemical that some species of toads have in their skin and is the reason why people lick them. Very nice drug)
4-ACO-DMT (very much like psylocin, 10/10)
DMT (amazing experience, very "cosmic" and "self realisationy")
O-acetylpsilocin (Like psilocin. Didn't rate particularly well because I had tried a number of drugs like it already)

CNS Stimulants:
Amphetamine (Very strong euphoria, a great drug for when you're with mates)
Methamphetamine (Too strong for my liking but I can see why people like it)
Methcathinone (Pretty meh)
Ethcathinone (shit)
Methylatedmethcathinone (My favourite stimulant after MDMA. It's like combining MDMA with amphetamines but so much more euphoric)
Ephedrine (pretty shit)
Caffeine (Goes very well with other drugs)
Cocaine (Really great, the euphoria isn't that strong but you just feel amazing)
DMAA (incredibly shitty when taken recreationally. I can't believe people actually take this to go clubbing)

Dissociatives and Delirients:
Ketamine (Very nice, I was floating in just a yellowy-orange and all my furniture was floating around me. I had forgotten that I had taken this initially and found myself getting increasingly pissed off because the computer screen was so damn hard to read. It was like my world was being folded over and over before I went fully into the trip)
Diphenhydramine (Pretty hilarious trip if you like scary stuff. Not very nice on it's own but combined with DXM (below) makes for an amazing trip. I started off by not being able to see my mouse cursor, so I'd move the mouse around to find it before I'd snap back to reality and be at TV, which was off, and just be moving my empty hand around the sofa next to me. It then progressed to me putting a pizza in the oven and going back in 15 minutes to check on it and there being no pizza in the oven and the oven being off. So I'd take it out the freezer and put it in the oven and relight it. In 15 minutes I'd go back and there would be no pizza and the oven would be off. I would try and converse with my friends but random strings of words would come out. I pointed at a birthday card and told my mate that was what a 128bit UNIX filesystem sounded like. Eventually as it progressed I lost total control over reality and walked around fantasy places interacting with demons / shadowpeople and I thought I had died and gone to hell. There was no way of telling what was real and what was a trip)
Dextromethophan (very nice, good body high and laying in bed in the dark you'd see giant spiders walking around the ceilings and walls. I refused to look at my body because I know that I'd have seen a giant spider crawling on top of me and that would be far too scary. Higher doses it's like ketamine)
Promethazine (didn't really like at all)
Nitrous Oxide (incredibly intense and short. Very nice drug)
Scopolomine (Like Diphenhydramine but 100x more scary. Never again but worth it)
Chloroform (like NO, kinda meh)

Cannabinoids:
JWH-018 (gets you completely blitzed)
JWH-122 (strong body high, 9/10 would smoke err day)
JWH-200 (the most stoned I have ever been)
JWH-073 (very nice. I found that mixing all the different JWH's together and vapourising it like that was far superior to doing them individually)
UR-144 (very much like DMT. Doesn't feel like cannabis at all)
XLR-11 (This is the one that had be fall out of bed and think it had snapped in half. Didn't really like it too much I prefer the other cannabinoids)
THC (extracted from cannabis via vapourisation spectrometry. Not very good at all)
CBD (same as THC. You really get the best effects combining lots of cannabinoids together)

Opioids:
Codeine (Exactly like mophine but weaker)
Morphine (strong body high, medium euphoria. Favourite opiate by far)
Oxycodone (medium body high, really euphoric)
Oxymorphone (stronger oxycodone)
Hydrocodone (little body high, medium euphoria)
Hydromorphone (like hydrocodone but stronger)
Thebaine (very nice and long lasting. Adding this with other opioids made it last 12+ hours instead of 2-3 hours)
Thebacon (yes, it's actually called the bacon. Thebaine's metabolite)
Tramadol (very strong euphoria in the brain)
O-desmethyltramadol (tramadols metabolite. Less euphoric though)
Dihydrocodeine (Sort of like a weaker oxycodone)
Dihydromorphine (strong DHC but not like oxycodone really but similar)
Kratom (Very nice to smoke and get a buzz from if you just want to chill)

Benzos:
Alprazolam (short and strong. My legs would keep giving out and walking in a straight line was hard. It's like being really fucking drunk but still having the mental clarity)
Phenazepam (I just fell asleep)
Temazepam (kinda dopey and confusing, didn't really like)
Lorazepam (good for if you just want to chill)
Seroquil (nope.jpg)

I think 'VON' is a bit of a wanker, i think 'VON' has too much time on his hands or something else in his hand, get back to training 'VON', other than on a keyboard.

29 pages of unfounded moronic crap thats aimed fair and square at our drug free competitors. To assume anyone takes drugs when infact you dont know that they do, is childish and uneducated.

Where abouts in this debate on policy have I targeted anyone? This is a debate about policy and a suggestion that Organisations with policy gaps ought to look at evolving. Then the members can rely upon the fact that their organisation has policy shield.

Most of the 29 pages of crap you refer to comes from hollow man arguments from posters who don't seem to understand the importance of policy for the protection of the sport of powerlifting.

PA and CAPO have policy or at least guidance on the issue of PED. From some feedback here by GPC people, the issue of policy reform is not entirely off the cards for discussion in that organisation either.

If you feel that people might assume that lifters who don't have a policy shield are therefore PED users, then be an agent for change and take steps to alter that perception. Calling me names for opening a debate about PED policy almost suggests to me that you don't want to see reform.

I made some reasonably accurate predictions about the shitstorm now sweeping through organised sport in Australia, and it is up to members and management of the various sporting bodies to either take a lead for reform or alternatively just bury their heads in the sand. Let's pretend nothing happened to powerlifting in the 90's.

"You don't know for sure that the top guys are not using"
"The top guys are probably using"

Two entirely different statements. I already said im staying out of this but its still pretty hilarious that no matter how many times i make this distinction people still think im accusing people of cheating

"You don't know for sure that the top guys are not using"
"The top guys are probably using"

Two entirely different statements. I already said im staying out of this but its still pretty hilarious that no matter how many times i make this distinction people still think im accusing people of cheating

It's a bad trip dude

Status
Not open for further replies.