• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
the differance is that bodybiulders work towards a percieved ideal, whether that is realistic or not depends upon the persons genetics, more often than not a man starts out biulding his body, wants to look like his idols.

Powerliftees work towards a perceived ideal aswell, strongest badass they can be, the differance is more often then not powerlifter doesn't require mystical genetics. Hard work will yield the result you want.

I believe if you aren't doing heavy fundamentals (squat, bench, deadlift & press) then what your doing isn't 100% effort no reason you cant smash out 3 heavy bench sets then do dropsets to fatigue bb style.

In saying this I yielded far better physique results from doing a split workout and higher rep ranges (still try to be as heavy as I could go though).

Freako said before that powerbuilding is what will give you the best of both worlds and id have to agree with that, it'll give you size, definition AND strength.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

the OP

"Whos made the change to strength style routines? An anything you have noticed? Body shape etc."

The question should be; is there a fundemental difference between bodybiulding routines and strength biulding routines?

My answer to that is a loud no.

the differance is that bodybiulders work towards a percieved ideal, whether that is realistic or not depends upon the persons genetics, more often than not a man starts out biulding his body, wants to look like his idols.

it goes three ways;
1. Worse case, has got the genetics of mr bean and Shane Warne and throws in the towel
2. adds muscle very quickly but looks like brick and is drawn to powerlifting and usually excels and cans bodybuilding and it's methods
3. adds muscle very quickly, looks like a collection of body parts and looks great in a pair of speedos and cans powerlifters

Yeah!
I dunno why people are asking why bodybuilders are not the strongest people lol. Nobody said that or suggested it, it's a very black and white way to look at things. The more muscular you are the stronger you are and can be as an INDIVIDUAL. Powerlifters need to train for symmetry as well, every muscle needs to be trained and balanced for optimal performance. Same goes for any strength or power sport. Sprinters look amazing, remember the East German swimmers from the Turinabol scandal? They looked pretty much perfect. Gymnasts also look great. If you can't see the outlines of your abs you've just jacked yourself up a weight class for no reason also lol

Powerliftees work towards a perceived ideal aswell, strongest badass they can be, the differance is more often then not powerlifter doesn't require mystical genetics. Hard work will yield the result you want.

I believe if you aren't doing heavy fundamentals (squat, bench, deadlift & press) then what your doing isn't 100% effort no reason you cant smash out 3 heavy bench sets then do dropsets to fatigue bb style.

In saying this I yielded far better physique results from doing a split workout and higher rep ranges (still try to be as heavy as I could go though).

Freako said before that powerbuilding is what will give you the best of both worlds and id have to agree with that, it'll give you size, definition AND strength.

Both are strong, both are muscular, the "traditional" (appealing) physique of the bodybiulder is just as strong as the powerlifter, but unable to (due to mechanics) exhibit strength ( a strong motor but poor transmission) both have v8 engines, but the fundamental difference is transferring that power to the bar.

Power building, high performance training, HIT, Volume, splits, are all productive, the list is endless, but because of ego we get bogged down in the dogma.

Just get your dead arse under the bar and lift and discover the most *productive way to workout, in this game the goal post constantly change as we get older

*productive - means safe and efficient

Both are strong, both are muscular, the "traditional" (appealing) physique of the bodybiulder is just as strong as the powerlifter, but unable to (due to mechanics) exhibit strength ( a strong motor but poor transmission) both have v8 engines, but the fundamental difference is transferring that power to the bar.

Power building, high performance training, HIT, Volume, splits, are all productive, the list is endless, but because of ego we get bogged down in the dogma.

Just get your dead arse under the bar and lift and discover the most *productive way to workout, in this game the goal post constantly change as we get older

*productive - means safe and efficient

One of the few posts of the whole thread thats made complete sense, I agree 100%

The difference in the "perceived ideal" (once paths are chosen) is one works to look good, the other works to move the heaviest bar the shortest distance.

now and again, rarely one comes along that can do both, that's 1% of the population.
and they don't really need to work hard at this.

One of the few posts of the whole thread thats made complete sense, I agree 100%

Well, for you lol, some so to speak just keep pissing on an electric fence.

to them I say, (an old Chinese proverb) rots ov ruck with that.

' The question should be; is there a fundemental difference between bodybiulding routines and strength biulding routines?'

I also say no, because both should be based on fundamental principles of weight training. That is logical. First there is weight training, and then comes sports of bb and powerlifting and numerous others. one may gravitate towards what they are good at or like doing for physical or mental reasons.

However, 100 ways to achieve principles attributed to overload and stimulus, and powerlifting training not essential beyond powerlifting.

Yes, do your heavy powerlifts if you want, or choose not to do them. makes no difference beyond powerlifting.

That is my opinion.

Just do something that works and you enjoy doing.

I hate heavy weights, but i am still confident of doing good lifts (relative to myself) later in the year from just moderate weights. But we shall see.

Last edited:
Four exercises that are the greatest invention by man
squat
dip
chin
sldl

ive stated before that pl's need to now and again train like bb's, if they can.

the dip is the most result producing exercise, a pl'er due to the bulk of there skills work strap on 20 kg around the waist and pump out 5 reps and move 5 inches, moving like a bullet due to the mindset of their programming.

Kazmaier and Coan did a lot of assistance work.

Other powerlifters hardly go beyond three lifts.

When you talk of squat, do you prefer a certain style, say high bar.

A lot of powerlifters also do high bar squats.

BTW, I like your choice of those four exercises, just about covers whole body and very basic exercises.

Last edited:
Kazmaier and Coan did train like bb's, a lot of assistance work.

Other powerlifters hardly go beyond three lifts.

When you talk of squat, do you prefer a certain style, say high bar.

A lot of powerlifters also do high bar squats.

BTW, I like your choice of those four exercises, just about covers whole body and very basic exercises.

i pick exercise that are (for me) the hardest, I have not got perfect proportions for a squatter, I've always placed the bar on the traps, just below the pointy point of the spine just below the neck I have it as high as possible.

I've spent a lot of time squatting these days I spend more time with the leg press, SLDL, trap bar, leg ext, and leg curls.

All serving me well

I've spent a lot of time squatting these days I spend more time with the leg press, SLDL, trap bar, leg ext, and leg curls.

All serving me well

I am the same, I still want to squat and do, but do bulk of work with other exercises.

I dunno what I'd call the most productive exercise for me really. It's a tough one. Dips have great potential but I never really do them a lot. I'm going to go with the deadlift and the behind the neck push press. Anything that develops the best shoulders on AusBB deserves a mention

Are we turning this into a "most productive exercise" thread? I'll go with Rollouts, Deads, Front Squats, Presses, Chins and Dips. Theres a whole workout there.

All serving me well

I really love the look and feel of blowing the lower quads up with extensions, especially holding for 1'second and real slow on the way down.
dont think a leg workout is complete without them and hami curls.

I really love the look and feel of blowing the lower quads up with extensions, especially holding for 1'second and real slow on the way down.
dont think a leg workout is complete without them and hami curls.

Yeah, that feels good.

Don't think we have a machine for seated hami curls, only lying and one legged standing.