• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who shaves/waxs their legs?

If it didn't hinder my already crummy job prospects, I wouldn't even shave my face. I definitely don't shave anywhere below the neck. If God didn't want me to be hairy, he'd have made me a woman.

I have waxed my chest twice and as painful as it is I enjoy the end result, however both times I get these annoying ingrown hairs which never seem to heal. From day one my chest goes poker dot and when they evenually go away I'm left with a dozen sores on my chest.:mad:

Always keep my chest trimmed, shaved legs a couple of times when I was playing football and had an excuse to, felt good but haven't done it since not playing footy and always shave the little hair on the back to keep things nice and tidy.

always shave the little hair on the back to keep things nice and tidy.
Thats the hardest area to get at imo (too painful to wax), you don't want to get too rough with the blade in that sensitive spot, or you might end up with fissures in the ass lol. :eek:

fissures of the anus...omg...not pleasant!!! I watched that Embarrassing Medical Stories show...that poor man with the ingrown hairs that turned into a fissure (spell check!) OMG lol

Noooooo be careful in the buttock region gents!

My missus wants to wax my legs she says less ingrown hairs compared to shaving??! Id rather shave. I keep getting red dots on my upper legs/quads from ingrown hairs without ever shaving. I am hoping shaving stops that??

My missus wants to wax my legs she says less ingrown hairs compared to shaving??! Id rather shave. I keep getting red dots on my upper legs/quads from ingrown hairs without ever shaving. I am hoping shaving stops that??

you get red dots now and you've never shaved?? Hmm that's a curious thing. it could just be from friction of your pants. Or do you cross your legs alot when sitting down?

Shaving, because it cuts the hair off at the surface and pushes it downwards...you have a higher chance of having ingrown hairs.

I suggest veet.

Depillatory cream. Coat legs...2 minutes later, smooth as a babies bum :)

you get red dots now and you've never shaved?? Hmm that's a curious thing. it could just be from friction of your pants. Or do you cross your legs alot when sitting down?

Shaving, because it cuts the hair off at the surface and pushes it downwards...you have a higher chance of having ingrown hairs.

I suggest veet.

Depillatory cream. Coat legs...2 minutes later, smooth as a babies bum :)

But shaving also has an exfoliating action - so does waxing, but you don't wax again until the hair is longer than how long it is left between shaving. I get less ingrowns with shaving, but more irritation.

But shaving also has an exfoliating action - so does waxing, but you don't wax again until the hair is longer than how long it is left between shaving. I get less ingrowns with shaving, but more irritation.

hmmm thats true Tiger. Irritation is strong with shaving, which is why I never do it lol

I wax others. But I never wax myself. Depillatory cream is gentler and it gives me the results I want, immediately. Some people don't like it. But I have a love affair with veet. :D

You don't need to wait to re-wax. You don't get the little bumps or red spots like you do with shaving....the hair is just gone. Wallah!

I veet once every 7 days. The only place I shave is my underarms. And have never had any issues there, although the skin everywhere else is incredibly sensitive.

I guess different things work for different people? But you're absolutely right, shaving can cause irritation.

I think its my pants causing red dots on my legs. I work a lot in roofs sweating and worming to get around.

The only thing is last time i heard my wife used veet it burnt her, but then again her skin gets irritated easily.

If i remove hair on my legs will it stop the red dots?

I think its my pants causing red dots on my legs. I work a lot in roofs sweating and worming to get around.

The only thing is last time i heard my wife used veet it burnt her, but then again her skin gets irritated easily.

If i remove hair on my legs will it stop the red dots?

Hmm short answer is no. Usually with my clients it's their pants rubbing against their legs too, thigh region and just above kneecap...you're irritating the follicle....so I guess with hair removal, you remove the hair and it's no longer as easy to irritate the follicle? You'll have to give it a shot craze? And see for yourself?

There are many brands other than veet, find a depillatory that is gentle for you. I find veet perfect and I use it all over. Legs, lady bits and sometimes underarms...but I find it stings me under my arms....so try not to.

Give it a go and give us an update? :)

you reckon those hair removal creams like veet are fine to use on private areas? Just get the feeling it might wreck the reproductory system LOL with whatever chemicals its in that stuff that makes the hair fall off like its chemotherapy..

lmao jungman

Fair point.

Well you're not inserting them?? (that would burn!!!) :D

I use them, am smooth all over...I have not tried to fall pregnant however...so you may indeed be correct lol

I shave my chest but only due to having the most unmanly chest hair ever. Seriously, my nan had more chest hair than me.

lol Oz...try veet! Better than shaving!

Unless you only have the odd stray chest hair...then tweezers would suffice ;)

I'm not even going to pass comment on your Nan! lol