• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Bulk Nutrients and Real nutrition direct would be the main ones and some other sellers on Ebay. I've ordered from both Real and BN in the past and both are very cheap, quality products and good service.

Are you comparing WPI or WPC? Our WPC is slightly more expensive, but our WPI is cheaper. We also provide a different flavour for each kilogram of protein.

Are you comparing WPI or WPC? Our WPC is slightly more expensive, but our WPI is cheaper. We also provide a different flavour for each kilogram of protein.

I'm referring to WPC, I don't believe WPI is worth the extra money and as a student saving money is a good thing so I use WPC, and I'm happy to use unflavoured protein, just a drink so slam it down and it doesn't taste as bad as many say.

Prohormones from US shipped to Australia

Here is a place that will ship to Prohormones to Australia from United States. Prohormone supplements I have had great experience with them for every order. Sometimes they have super low prices on email specials.

Someone explain how this works? I thought Customs banned dairy coming through, thus banning protein.

Yeh i need some explaining on this as well. But I think its only for a few products like myofusion.

Someone explain how this works? I thought Customs banned dairy coming through, thus banning protein.

Hi LMD,
I think they make an exception if certain conditions are met. Still not worth the effort in my opinion, like you said the shipping kills it plus who needs overmarketted protein anyway :)

This from AQIS; see bold text, full post included for completeness

Frequently asked questions - DAFF
Can I bring protein powders to Australia?

Protein powders may be permitted entry into Australia for personal consumption without the requirement for an import permit provided the product is labelled with the individual ingredients including percentages of each ingredient adding up to 100 per cent .

Alternatively the consignments may be accompanied by a manufacturer’s declaration listing the individual ingredients adding up to 100 per cent . Each of these ingredients must meet AQIS import conditions. It is the importer’s responsibility to provide sufficient documentation to satisfy AQIS that the product in each consignment is as stated.

Protein powders containing dairy derived ingredients such as Whey, Isolate and/or Caseinates must be labelled as ‘originating from’ and 'Manufactured in' one of the countries listed by the World Organization for Animal Health (formerly known as the Office International des Epizooties [OIE]) as free from foot and mouth disease (FMD) with or without vaccination. This information can be found on the OIE website. If the labelling of powder does not specify the country of origin and manufacture, or includes the phrase ‘made from local and imported ingredients’, a manufacturer's declaration will be required certifying that the milk component is sourced from an FMD-free country.

Protein powders containing egg will need to be labelled as containing less than 10 per cent egg to be exempt from requiring an import permit. There must also be no discernable pieces of egg in the product. If the labelling of the powder does not specify the egg content a manufacturer's declaration certifying that the egg component is less than 10 per cent (by dry weight) is required. Products with more than 10 per cent egg content and/or containing discernable pieces of egg require an import permit.

Protein powders containing animal derived ingredients such as enzymes eg. pancreatin, trypsin, rennet and insulin and bovine serum albumin have an associated quarantine risk and may require an import permit. Highly processed substances that are listed as pharmaceutical excipients on the ICON database are not regarded as a quarantine risk in these products. Import conditions can be accessed via the AQIS Imports Condition database (ICON). This database lists the Quarantine conditions under which various commodities may be imported into Australia.

Note: A non-commercial consignment is considered to be an item that is imported for non-commercial (personal) use in quantities of no more than 10 kilograms or 10 litres of the one type of item.

Last edited:
A group buy would bring shipping down. They currently have a 5 pound protein powder mix of WPC/WPI for $39.99. BUY 1 GET 1 FREE!! So thats 10 pounds for $39.99.

Shipping is about $57.00. So if it was 4 people group buy (1 person buys it and sent to their adress, other 3 either pick it up or pay for shipping to their place), that would only mean $15 shipping each.

$53 for 10 pounds protein. Im keen? ANyone else keen (Preferably QLD, but could ship to other states no idea).

Hi LMD,
I think they make an exception if certain conditions are met. Still not worth the effort in my opinion, like you said the shipping kills it plus who needs overmarketted protein anyway :)

This from AQIS; see bold text, full post included for completeness

Frequently asked questions - DAFF
Can I bring protein powders to Australia?

Protein powders may be permitted entry into Australia for personal consumption without the requirement for an import permit provided the product is labelled with the individual ingredients including percentages of each ingredient adding up to 100 per cent .

Alternatively the consignments may be accompanied by a manufacturer’s declaration listing the individual ingredients adding up to 100 per cent . Each of these ingredients must meet AQIS import conditions. It is the importer’s responsibility to provide sufficient documentation to satisfy AQIS that the product in each consignment is as stated.

Protein powders containing dairy derived ingredients such as Whey, Isolate and/or Caseinates must be labelled as ‘originating from’ and 'Manufactured in' one of the countries listed by the World Organization for Animal Health (formerly known as the Office International des Epizooties [OIE]) as free from foot and mouth disease (FMD) with or without vaccination. This information can be found on the OIE website. If the labelling of powder does not specify the country of origin and manufacture, or includes the phrase ‘made from local and imported ingredients’, a manufacturer's declaration will be required certifying that the milk component is sourced from an FMD-free country.

Protein powders containing egg will need to be labelled as containing less than 10 per cent egg to be exempt from requiring an import permit. There must also be no discernable pieces of egg in the product. If the labelling of the powder does not specify the egg content a manufacturer's declaration certifying that the egg component is less than 10 per cent (by dry weight) is required. Products with more than 10 per cent egg content and/or containing discernable pieces of egg require an import permit.

Protein powders containing animal derived ingredients such as enzymes eg. pancreatin, trypsin, rennet and insulin and bovine serum albumin have an associated quarantine risk and may require an import permit. Highly processed substances that are listed as pharmaceutical excipients on the ICON database are not regarded as a quarantine risk in these products. Import conditions can be accessed via the AQIS Imports Condition database (ICON). This database lists the Quarantine conditions under which various commodities may be imported into Australia.

Note: A non-commercial consignment is considered to be an item that is imported for non-commercial (personal) use in quantities of no more than 10 kilograms or 10 litres of the one type of item.

hmm interesting...

Maybe thats why BB.com only have a few proteins avaible to Australia. Because the others have ingredients not allowed in?

I believe they are drop-shipping it (somewhat like Amazon using a NZ warehouse to supply Australia quickly).

It appears they are getting it through into Australia somehow (?), then shipping it internally from here, so the rates are actually better than some local guys I can name, and they avoid Customs hassles. Not bad if you want the commercial US stuff.

Also, the shipping is offered in 4 options - choose the bottom one and it'll be nothing like $50-$70. More like $25.

Last edited:
I believe they are drop-shipping it (somewhat like Amazon using a NZ warehouse to supply Australia quickly).

It appears they are getting it through into Australia somehow (?), then shipping it internally from here, so the rates are actually better than some local guys I can name, and they avoid Customs hassles. Not bad if you want the commercial US stuff.

Also, the shipping is offered in 4 options - choose the bottom one and it'll be nothing like $50-$70. More like $25.

yes but its about $30 per item on shipping. so 4kg of protein = $60 shipping.

Don't really have one at the moment. I buy stuff from bb.com but 1 month shipping time pisses me off if I forget to get it in advance.

what u guys buy from bb.com? I have nearly ordered but wasn't sure if it would get through or not.

Im a bit worried about customs being selfish and taking it all for themselves