• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you do when you feel like quitting?

If you mean quitting working out and lifting it actually hasn't crossed my mind, I occasionally get over my rountine of run down and fatigued but then I will just take a fews days or week off and I miss lifting and really look forward to getting back in the gym..

I use lifting as a reason to get out of the office and away from my desk, so anything I do away from work is awesome.

have felt like taking days off, but not quitting totally. The thought that no one ever got stronger or better looking by sitting on their arse helps.

Never thought of quitting. If I even imagine such a scenario, I'd ask myself what would I prefer to be doing then? And the answers that I get are far from inspirational.

Get as far as thinking about taking a few days off then it doesn't happen. Enforced ones only really happen if I am away an unable to get to a gym of sorts

Hehe ive quit about 35 times. Then come the next scheduled workout ive forgotten that I quit and carry on.

Tim.

The gym is the only thing keeping me sane. Helps tremendously with stress relief especially in my current circumstances.

images

I've never felt like quitting, but there's been a couple of times when I tried to workout when I was completely lethargic or sick and had a shit feeling workout. I'd just go home, rest up and come the next day or so. I know a guy at the gym who hates working out, but he only goes because if he doesn't go he feels even worse. Personally I love every minute of the gym, and if I didn't enjoy it I wouldn't go. I think shit like this is what separates people who only go for a couple of months.

What do you do when you feel like quitting?
I quit, it's that simple!

When I was competing as an Olympic weightlifter, quitting was not an option I would or could contemplate. Back then, unless I had an injury worthy of a temporary slow down, then it was full force ahead. However now that I'm not competing, when the feeling of quitting approaches, it would usually come with a valid enough message that forces one to contemplate a temporary quit from lifting weights, and replace that with something less strenuous on both mind and body.

Once I get back into it though, I do so with much vigour and renewed enthusiasm for the weights, that in turn would turn "quitting" to my advantage.

To permanently quit however, would mean I've stopped breathing. Some of us (and I'm one), have lifting running through our veins, until death do we part!

Fadi.

Last edited:
Have you ever noticed how much this stupid “hobby” progresses exactly like a drug addiction. Starts off innocent enough, in a friends basement trying out his brother dumbells getting some curls in, maybe some shoulder presses a little bench press, you know just enough to catch a sweet little pump make everyone think your cool and a with it guy. This once a week thing moves on to a 3 day a week habit, M W F ,2 bench days and entire day for arms, a little more serious but you don’t even think you have a problem yet. This non sport specific training is just to help me relax, keep on top of things. Then a little internet research and exploring leads to some harder stuff a little more intense than your regular curl routine. Why aren’t these curls working anymore? Do I need a bigger dose? Who has something better. Awww yea that Rippetoe has just what you have been looking for, add milk to your squatz to really trip nuts. Pushing off with this feels wonderful, euphoria, the reason why you started, awww yea that sweet release to the next level. Untill casually plowing along with linear gains to a 325lb squat , 385lb deadlift, 225 (for 3 BP) and 135 (1rm) OHP leave you wanting more and feeling unsatisfied. That high just isn’t there anymore, I need to score something really heavy, leaving me gaining for days. Wim Jendler is slanging that 5/3/1 method but you question if your that hardcore. Am I ready I really a powerlifter (addict)?, do I need to move onto a periodization method (main line), what even constitutes a beginner any more? Can I really live NOV? The first time you bring an excel spreadsheet and calculator to the gym it’s over. You started the spiral downward towards rock bottom. This neck beard will hide my track marks, whats 95% of 90% of my max on an 80% day? Pantera, Paul Carter and Protein are all you need. Working out used to be a group thing, now there is only enough for you alone to get high. Where can I order some bands for reverse banded board presses with chains? Then it happens, a catastrophic miscalculation on your dose, using your 3RM numbers for a 5rm day. Eyes cant stay open… crushing weight of the world, destroyed rotator cuffs… darkness. And then, an awakening, you have now entered rehab. You realize you’re a fat fucking loser who never achieved a 2x BW bench but instead achieved a 2x BW before all of this started. Rehab has you focused on something else, shedding that weight, learning purposeful movements, organic motions. But you tell yourself, Im not going back the road I came on, this time its going to be different, this time I will make sure to never get hooked on this junk again. Everything is bright and sunny, trying arm crossed front squats, pull ups, RDLS with submax weights to really feel that stretch, snatch grip deadlifts. All these feel good moments are hiding the darkness creeping back up inside of you. Who were you trying to kid, once an addict always an addict. The worst decision you have ever made in your life came from trying to achieve ideal front rack position. KSTAR, the supple leopard, Kelly FUCKING Starrett. He not only opens your eyes, but opens your mind. Let him French kiss a mouthful of mobility pills into your mouth. He makes you a fiend without you even realizing it. His scientific explanations of torque, and loading, and your shitty body potions tantalize you into the gayest positions. Next thing you know someone catches you rolling your lats with lacrosse balls while you have a voodoo floss band wrapped around your neck furiously stroking your limp dick. All the grass fed beef in the world isn’t going to make that thing work. Finally you realize you’re a pathetic lump of mediocrity, good at nothing and average at everything. The scourge of the world, a try hard suck ass. There is no place for you here, but you cannot exist without mobilizations and attaining pathetic PRs on your hang snatch. Who gives a fuck, kill yourself.

read like some kind of crossfit phag in denial.

I agree though - i knew shit was getting serious when i started training alone, growing a beard and using excel spreadsheets.

Have you ever noticed how much this stupid “hobby” progresses exactly like a drug addiction. Starts off innocent enough, in a friends basement trying out his brother dumbells getting some curls in, maybe some shoulder presses a little bench press, you know just enough to catch a sweet little pump make everyone think your cool and a with it guy. This once a week thing moves on to a 3 day a week habit, M W F ,2 bench days and entire day for arms, a little more serious but you don’t even think you have a problem yet. This non sport specific training is just to help me relax, keep on top of things. Then a little internet research and exploring leads to some harder stuff a little more intense than your regular curl routine. Why aren’t these curls working anymore? Do I need a bigger dose? Who has something better. Awww yea that Rippetoe has just what you have been looking for, add milk to your squatz to really trip nuts. Pushing off with this feels wonderful, euphoria, the reason why you started, awww yea that sweet release to the next level. Untill casually plowing along with linear gains to a 325lb squat , 385lb deadlift, 225 (for 3 BP) and 135 (1rm) OHP leave you wanting more and feeling unsatisfied. That high just isn’t there anymore, I need to score something really heavy, leaving me gaining for days. Wim Jendler is slanging that 5/3/1 method but you question if your that hardcore. Am I ready I really a powerlifter (addict)?, do I need to move onto a periodization method (main line), what even constitutes a beginner any more? Can I really live NOV? The first time you bring an excel spreadsheet and calculator to the gym it’s over. You started the spiral downward towards rock bottom. This neck beard will hide my track marks, whats 95% of 90% of my max on an 80% day? Pantera, Paul Carter and Protein are all you need. Working out used to be a group thing, now there is only enough for you alone to get high. Where can I order some bands for reverse banded board presses with chains? Then it happens, a catastrophic miscalculation on your dose, using your 3RM numbers for a 5rm day. Eyes cant stay open… crushing weight of the world, destroyed rotator cuffs… darkness. And then, an awakening, you have now entered rehab. You realize you’re a fat fucking loser who never achieved a 2x BW bench but instead achieved a 2x BW before all of this started. Rehab has you focused on something else, shedding that weight, learning purposeful movements, organic motions. But you tell yourself, Im not going back the road I came on, this time its going to be different, this time I will make sure to never get hooked on this junk again. Everything is bright and sunny, trying arm crossed front squats, pull ups, RDLS with submax weights to really feel that stretch, snatch grip deadlifts. All these feel good moments are hiding the darkness creeping back up inside of you. Who were you trying to kid, once an addict always an addict. The worst decision you have ever made in your life came from trying to achieve ideal front rack position. KSTAR, the supple leopard, Kelly FUCKING Starrett. He not only opens your eyes, but opens your mind. Let him French kiss a mouthful of mobility pills into your mouth. He makes you a fiend without you even realizing it. His scientific explanations of torque, and loading, and your shitty body potions tantalize you into the gayest positions. Next thing you know someone catches you rolling your lats with lacrosse balls while you have a voodoo floss band wrapped around your neck furiously stroking your limp dick. All the grass fed beef in the world isn’t going to make that thing work. Finally you realize you’re a pathetic lump of mediocrity, good at nothing and average at everything. The scourge of the world, a try hard suck ass. There is no place for you here, but you cannot exist without mobilizations and attaining pathetic PRs on your hang snatch. Who gives a fuck, kill yourself.

What the fuck was that shit. Who was it cut and paste off.