• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you do when you feel like quitting?

I'm a hardcore quitter. I didn't finish high school or TAFE and dropped out of uni twice. I was applying for jobs during my apprenticeship but somehow finished that. I've got a few more courses started but not finished too.

I get bored and move onto other things like a constant cycle. Maybe it's not quitting but I have massive gaps in my workout log. I don't know what got me to start lifting again this time but its lasted 7 months so maybe it will stick this time. At least these days I'm aware of it so I try not to start more things if it will take away from what I'm doing.

I have taken breaks over time - prob the longest being acouple of months (in 11 years of lifting) and that was more-so due to injury - it is always good to have a break and take a step back to re-focus - but quitting? I dont think I have ever thought about not going to the gym/not exercising - its not something that really has crossed my mind - going to the gym is a huge part of me/my life - its something I do/something I have to do - just like working, eating, sleeping.

This year has prob been the hardest training I have done in prob 3 years or so - after the rugby season I prob will take an extended break - prob about a month - but I would say I will still do cardio and maybe 1-2 weight sessions during the week - I will just allow myself to relax and take a step back.