• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you do for a crust?

Who would rather work 20 years in a job they fuarrrrking hate and it drives them mad, no time with family etc etc but retire at 40 or work 40 years in a job that they love to death, in a city/town they love, and spend plenty of time with friends and family etc etc and retire at 60?

What's your occupation/s?
Spatial Analyst
Do you actually enjoy it?
Most of the time i do.. sometimes it sucks and hate it but majority of time its not to bad and the working conditions are good so i cant really complain. since i started working 4 days a week im enjoying it a lot more.
Where were you before this job?
High rise window cleaner in sydney cbd
What will you be doing in 3 years time?
Unknown, i could be working 3.5 days, i could be living on the coast doing similar work or something completely different.

Who would rather work 20 years in a job they fuarrrrking hate and it drives them mad, no time with family etc etc but retire at 40 or work 40 years in a job that they love to death, in a city/town they love, and spend plenty of time with friends and family etc etc and retire at 60?

i would take option B any day... why waste 20yrs hating life and having no decent relationships just so you can be old and rich and most likely a cranky old bugger when you can spend 40yrs being happy, having loving family relationships and just being content with what you have your whole life and then enjoying life.

To be paying 65 - 70k to the tax man a year you must be on a fare wicket........

And should really know or be looking at ways of reducing the amount of tax you pay and grow your own personal wealth instead of feeding the government.

trust me ive tried.. its all in trusts through houses/bonds/shares/super.

They will find ways to extract money from u.

poll it in a new thread :)

I would love to work out in a country town, if i could earn what i am on now which i dont think is a great deal i would move in a flash and the family would love it too.

Country living is awesome, i really dont care for the city and suburbs much at all.

I would love to work out in a country town, if i could earn what i am on now which i dont think is a great deal i would move in a flash and the family would love it too.

Country living is awesome, i really dont care for the city and suburbs much at all.

Have to agree with you...country or coast!

What's your occupation/s? Got a building company, Do large scale industrial/Commercial and Government projects across Australia.

Do you actually enjoy it? Yes to an extent, good thing about building industry is most people are pretty straight out and the bullshitters get sorted out pretty quick. Also good knowing that if I choose to I should be able to retire by 30.

Where were you before this job?What will you be doing in 3 years time? Was in Real Estate and managed Bars, Restaurants & nightclubs.

That's impressive !!!
How do you find the work?
Do you put deals together yourself as a developer/project manager, or tender for projects?

Well done.
Wish I could have retired at 30...

That's impressive !!!
How do you find the work?
Do you put deals together yourself as a developer/project manager, or tender for projects?

Well done.
Wish I could have retired at 30...

Work is good, can be frustrating at times, can be really stressful at times, sometimes you just want to punch the safety officers in the face.

But all in all its all worth it when you can look at a completed project and say we did that. Specially when there city landmarks.

I very much doubt I will actually retire at 30, but its nice to know that you could.

We do a bit of all of the above in regards to work. We have a Construction wing where we do our own projects and tender for government projects, we also do alot of sub contracting out to the big builders ie. Leightons, Multiplex, John Holland and the like.

I thought it was all in cash ?

nah the accountant told me diversify last year to start minimizing tax.

Re: Camo T - All the guys i know who are in construction drive lambos and ferraris. One has a 2011 model ferrari worth 700k white with carbon fibre roof and 22 inch rims.. Sheesh.. /drool

I'm a delivery driver. I lift shit all day, nothing changes. Do I love my job? Hell no, but I love working with the blokes I do and I've got some pretty good customers (I get a lot of freebies. With big surf brand names as customers I'm pretty much covered for anything and everything). Before this I was in the marine air conditioning industry until it died in the arse. In three years I don't really know what I'll be doing but so long as I'm happy, I don't really mind.

Last edited:
What's your occupation/s? Systems Engineer (IT guy) for a consulting company - projects/support for small & medium companies
Do you actually enjoy it? I love the work but hate the company
Where were you before this job? The same except at a lower rank
What will you be doing in 3 years time? I think I'd prefer to be doing IT for a bigger company, looking after their internal environment instead of consulting like I am now.

Side note - Trent if you're paying that much in tax you need a new accountant. I recently got a nasty letter from the ATO saying they want $91k but my accountant fixed it up.

Cheers DKD, I'm not chasing huge coin, I don't need it. I'm not wealthy, far from it but with money comes problems and my life is nice simple just how it is. My wife and I have a house, she has a nice-ish car, great family and friends. Wealth isn't always about money, I'm wealthy in many other areas.

Cheers DKD, I'm not chasing huge coin, I don't need it. I'm not wealthy, far from it but with money comes problems and my life is nice simple just how it is. My wife and I have a house, she has a nice-ish car, great family and friends. Wealth isn't always about money, I'm wealthy in many other areas.

Great attitude mate, I think if more people were happy with what they have got everything would be just that little more relaxed.....