• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What do you do for a crust?

i had a mate that did that said it was a **** of a job but im not sure what level he was doing it at he was a bit of a drop kick alcho though...

It can be shit. I have fortunately landed a really nice number. I'm underworked and over paid.
But yea. Some companies are absolutely terrible, and some contracts are fucked.
It's taken me 5 years to land this comfy job and I don't think il be going anywhere anytime soon.

Lol Bella, Thatl be right. Can get a bit rough out there when your away from civilization for months on end lol

It can be shit. I have fortunately landed a really nice number. I'm underworked and over paid.
But yea. Some companies are absolutely terrible, and some contracts are fucked.
It's taken me 5 years to land this comfy job and I don't think il be going anywhere anytime soon.

yeah i sand floors for a living and a lot of people reckon thats a shit of a job but if you can get the experience then get the right work and get some guys working for you doing some of the shitter stuff its usually pretty good. cant say i only work 6 months of the year though :D

What's your occupation/s? Nerd burger at a glazing company. Can also do all on site works as well
Do you actually enjoy it? Sure, why not.
Where were you before this job? "chef/cook"
What will you be doing in 3 years time? Much of the same... Perhaps owning said glazing company. Super cerial.

What's your occupation/s? Work at a BP service station at night and Nestle in the day
Do you actually enjoy it? Nope, but it pays the bills
Where were you before this job? Managed a holiday park, had over 30 employees and turned the business around from the red to a turnover of 9 million per annum
What will you be doing in 3 years time? Hopefully finishing up my degree, but as of now I am thinking of changing form a Business degree to a law degree as I want to help people for a living. Undecided as of right now so am plugging away at it.
Might see if I can pull a job in the mines or road crews next though as a good paying interim.

Ahhh yes, nestle...I remember!! You'd need to lift me with a crane if I worked there :D

Graeme, lets go work in the mines....or drilling or whatever it is that coaltrain does lolol Exploration Drilling! That was it!

Coaltrain! You need to help a brother out...any jobs for Graeme that pay him ridiculous money, for not alot of work? AND afford him the ability to work for only 6 months of the year??

Unfortunately, I cannot do it, cuz I'm too much of a chick and not strong yet (even though I do have bro shoulders!) lol But I'm supportive Graeme! :)

What's your occupation/s? Yard supervisor / Leading hand
Do you actually enjoy it? Yes
Where were you before this job? Drove road trains
What will you be doing in 3 years time? I'll let you know in 3 years time

What's your occupation/s? Full-time student, gym owner, PT/coach
Do you actually enjoy it? Studying no, running a business no, training people yes.
Where were you before this job? Driving trucks and forklifts.
What will you be doing in 3 years time? Environmental lawyer.

What's your occupation/s? Electrical t/a (just drive a bus around site ATM) plus have a part time business doing IT stuff around town.

Do you actually enjoy it? I get paid heaps to do stuff all at night.

Where were you before this job? Distribution linesman. Great job but company run by dickheads.

What will you be doing in 3 years time? Your guess is as good as mine. I started mowing lawns because this job was meant to end for me next week but got time extended in my new cushy role. I have a comp sci degree, cert III esi (linesman), rigging EWP forklift and Crane tickets. Have been looking at an accounting diploma through external studies. Maybe I should do a poll to see which qualification I should use or start fresh again.

Before I did my linesman apprenticeship I'd had the same number of jobs as birthdays, sometimes 2 jobs for the same employer. I'm a nerd but not a lot of nerd work around here and the Mrs isn't keen on moving.

my proffession is to pay the taxman 65-70k in tax a year.
So single mums can have kids from multiple fathers and people who are too lazy to get off their asses to get a job rort the sytem.

So the government can build half decents roads and unfinished bridges.

my proffession is to pay the taxman 65-70k in tax a year.
So single mums can have kids from multiple fathers and people who are too lazy to get off their asses to get a job rort the sytem.

So the government can build half decents roads and unfinished bridges.

lol...yep....

To be paying 65 - 70k to the tax man a year you must be on a fare wicket........

And should really know or be looking at ways of reducing the amount of tax you pay and grow your own personal wealth instead of feeding the government.

Scientist in a pathology lab,( no I can't rort your Asada tests lol)

There are definitely some boring aspects, but trying to get out doing the more specialized stuff. Being on call sux ass, the extra pay goes strait to the tax man

Was a lab tech in a coal lab for 9 months, before that grill cook while studying.

Will probably be doing the same job , possibly for a different organization, just wanting the stability at the moment.

Last edited:
What's your occupation/s? Got a building company, Do large scale industrial/Commercial and Government projects across Australia.

Do you actually enjoy it? Yes to an extent, good thing about building industry is most people are pretty straight out and the bullshitters get sorted out pretty quick. Also good knowing that if I choose to I should be able to retire by 30.

Where were you before this job?What will you be doing in 3 years time? Was in Real Estate and managed Bars, Restaurants & nightclubs.