• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Stopped turning tricks when I hit 40, no one would pay for me now !!

My post was directed at El Floppy (LPS)
He likes to PM members and incite them to ruin other members threads
And since being caught out all he seems to think about is homosexual acts :D

Deadlift and OH press tonight. Fken hot in the shed tonight, was literally soaked when I finished had to strip down in the laundry and put my clothes straight in the washing machine. Did hanging leg raises SS with the deadlift and pull ups SS with the OH press. I kept the rests short (under a minute) for all sets accept the heaviest set. Was totally buggered by the end!!

Derrimut Thomastown

walk machine
walking lungessingle leg extensions alternatesingle leg curls alternatehip extensorswalking lungessingle standing calfsone leg seated calves
10min 6.5km/h 3 degrees4x10e/2x5kg (1m)4x15e (1m)4x10e (1m)4x10e (1m)4x10e/2x5kg (1m)4x12e (30sec)4x10e (1m)

4km run at lunch time along the river and St Kilda Rd in Melbourne, it was 27 degrees in the shade but felt a damn site hotter than that in the sun when I was running !!! My left calf got a massive cramp in it last night after deadlifts. I was helping the kids get dry after their bath and when I crouched down my leg locked up big time, made me scream out loud and hop about like a lunatic, my 3 yr old son said 'daddy what is wrong with you!!'. It cramped up again in the middle of the night and made me jump out of bed and the muscle has been sore all morning. I was worried it would lock up running but nothing, if anything the run seems to have helped it loosen up. Had a cold shower at work but am now sitting at my desk sweating like a pig, my shirt has massive wet patches on it !!!!

Last edited:
4km run at lunch time along the river and St Kilda Rd in Melbourne, it was 27 degrees in the shade but felt a damn site hotter than that in the sun when I was running !!! My left calf got a massive cramp in it last night after deadlifts. I was helping the kids get dry after their bath and when I crouched down my leg locked up big time, made me scream out loud and hop about like a lunatic, my 3 yr old son said 'daddy what is wrong with you!!'. It cramped up again in the middle of the night and made me jump out of bed and the muscle has been sore all morning. I was worried it would lock up running but nothing, if anything the run seems to have helped it loosen up. Had a cold shower at work but am now sitting at my desk sweating like a pig, my shirt has massive wet patches on it !!!!
Rob, the first time I ever had a cramp, it was in my calf muscle, was back in 1981 after a weightlifting training session. That was the first time and the last time I had a debilitating muscle cramp. I was 16 at the time, and I was given an advice back then that I'm going to share with you right now. Hey Fadi (Rob), go to your nearest chemist and get yourself some K-Mag tablets. K stands for potassium and Mag stands for magnesium.

I don't take K-Mag now, but I always ensure my magnesium level (and electrolytes) in general are always at an optimal level..., with true salt (I prefer Himalayan salt) is always part of these group.

Happy to recommended certain brands of magnesium for you if you wish me to, as certain carriers of magnesium are better than others, namely the Malate and glycinate carriers, with the malate being excellent for fibromyalgia.

Last edited:
Rob, the first time I ever had a cramp, it was in my calf muscle, was back in 1981 after a weightlifting training session. That was the first time and the last time I had a debilitating muscle cramp. I was 16 at the time, and I was given an advice back then that I'm going to share with you right now. Hey Fadi (Rob), go to your nearest chemist and get yourself some K-Mag tablets. K stands for potassium and Mag stands for magnesium.

I don't take K-Mag now, but I always ensure my magnesium level (and electrolytes) in general are always at an optimal level..., with true salt (I prefer Himalayan salt) is always part of these group.

Happy to recommended certain brands of magnesium for you if you wish me to, as certain carriers of magnesium are better than others, namely the Malate and glycinate carriers, with the malate being excellent for fibromyalgia.

Fadi, If you have a brand that you know to be good then please share it as I am happy to give it a try, the weird thing is that in the last 6 years I have done lots of running (more than 1000km a year) with runs as long as 3 hours and some pretty intense hill runs and have never once suffered from muscle cramps. In the last few weeks I have noticed my toes locking up a little, mostly when deadlifting. Nothing too bad you just walk it out after the set but the calf cramp last night was a good one !!

Fadi, If you have a brand that you know to be good then please share it as I am happy to give it a try, the weird thing is that in the last 6 years I have done lots of running (more than 1000km a year) with runs as long as 3 hours and some pretty intense hill runs and have never once suffered from muscle cramps. In the last few weeks I have noticed my toes locking up a little, mostly when deadlifting. Nothing too bad you just walk it out after the set but the calf cramp last night was a good one !!

Ok Rob, here's the magnesium malate (great for cramps, muscle twitching, and muscle pain): http://au.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Magnesium-Malate-1-250-mg-360-Tablets/19154

Here's another magnesium, this time it's in the form of glycinate, an amino acid that is super when it comes to systemic inflammation. It's an amino acid that taste like sugar and is as sweet as sugar, making it very unique amongst other amino acids indeed: http://au.iherb.com/KAL-Magnesium-Glycinate-400-400-mg-180-Tablets/18943

It doesn't hurt to get both of these forms and alternate between them either on a daily or a weekly basis.

I wish you all the best mate.