• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Push

Thing about these greater bodypart splits is I don't think they 'energize' you as much as the Full body or Upper/Lower splits. When you do lesser splits the Heart and system is forced to shuttle blood around the body more, giving greater conditioning. Plus the other systemic benefits.

If you run any split greater than an Upper/lower you gotta be so on top of your Cardio - particularly if you're an old kunt like Shrek.

P.S. Walking still isn't cardio.

I do full body, but occasionally I will do a bro split for a few weeks just to alter the monotony.

Walk with the kids and the misses. Misses wears the weight vest and I have one of the three kids on my shoulders for most of the walk, they take turns when they get tired. Couple of sprint races with the kids for fun and to get my heart rate up and my body moving. Great active recovery and family time in one.

What changed your mind about full body workouts Shreky?
I recall you not being too keen on it

I always have....I just recall all the negative talk about body part splits which was unwarranted. Of course you can build on splits. I trained for years before I ever did a full body workout. I still made gains.
There is room for both, that's what it boils down too.

The person that has worked his arse off all week and needs a rest.

No offence Mickey, I love you hairy kunce, but you were just recently complaining about not have enough time to train. Yet you're taking days off.

You can train everyday you know, particularly as you are only training 20-25 minutes a few times per week with no cardio.

Last edited:
No offence Mickey, I love you hairy kunce, but you were just recently complaining about not have enough time to train. Yet you're taking days off.

You can train everyday you know, particularly as you are only training 20-25 minutes a few times per week with no cardio.

Done my training this week, I have other stuff to do, even trained an extra day as I trained Saturday, so five days a week weights, plus about 4 bike rides one of which was this arvo.

Worked overtime almost every day this week including Saturday, and I still need to get my car finished for rego before Christmas, still need to build about 200 metres of fencing before Christmas, plus a heap of other stuff, unfortunately only so many hours in a day.

You don't grow muscle while lifting weights you grow while you rest and recover.