• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Squats/legs

Low bar squats
220kgx1 beltless
220kg x8
240kg 2 sets of 5

Front squats
140kg 3x10-12

High bar pauses squats
140kg 3x10-12

6 sets of leg extension varying tempo and weight. Last set drop set

Goblet squat with 20kg dbell 50 reps

Still fairly light working weights as I don't plan on doing a meet until maybe June next year. Gradually bringing the volume back up to hopefully add/maintain some size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walking machine 3 degreesrunning machineupright rowsmedium pulldownsmachine rowsside raisesbarbell curlsone arm cable bicepwalking machine
15min 6.5km/h15min 10km/h pulse 1623x8/40kg (1m)3x8/61kg (1m)3x8/63.5kg (1m)3x8/2x10kg (1m)3x6/35kg (1m)15kg non-stop 10,9,710min6.5km/h

Deadlift and military press tonight. Less raises between sets of dreads and pull ups in between sets of presses. Followed by barbell rows and some curls. Good session with major lower back pump

Deadlift and military press tonight. Less raises between sets of dreads and pull ups in between sets of presses. Followed by barbell rows and some curls. Good session with major lower back pump
What kind of split / routine you running?

What kind of split / routine you running?

I am running 5 3 1 for the main lifts (Squat, Bench, deads and military press) with Boring But Big (BBB) supplemental and some abs and Lat work for assistance.

I am running it 2 days a week, so do Squat and Bench together on the first day and Deads and Press on the second. Last night was the second workout of the 3 week so for the main lifts it was.

2 sets of 3 reps and 1 set of AMRAP followed by 5 sets of 10 reps with lower weight. I do my ab work between sets of deadlifts and my pull ups between sets of presses as it cuts the work out time down. Then finish with some rows and curls.

I am running 5 3 1 for the main lifts (Squat, Bench, deads and military press) with Boring But Big (BBB) supplemental and some abs and Lat work for assistance.

I am running it 2 days a week, so do Squat and Bench together on the first day and Deads and Press on the second. Last night was the second workout of the 3 week so for the main lifts it was.

2 sets of 3 reps and 1 set of AMRAP followed by 5 sets of 10 reps with lower weight. I do my ab work between sets of deadlifts and my pull ups between sets of presses as it cuts the work out time down. Then finish with some rows and curls.
Bewdy mate.

Bewdy mate.

Yer its the first time I have followed a program with % based lifting and programmed progression. Only been doing it 2 weeks, I was just doing basic full body 2 day a week before. I am a bit of an geek at heart so love having the plan and the numbers all laid out for me and setting PR's on the last set. Even though the book warns about the DOMS expected with the BBB 5 x 10 work with lower weights I wasn't expecting the pump or soreness to be quite as much as it was. Its quality.

yesterday

stridesrunningstep ups 60cmsingle leg extensions alternatelungessingle leg curls alternatehyperextensionswalking machine3 degrees
5x100m (27-18 sec)5x120m (20.4, 20.6, 20.4, 20.3, 19.8) (2min walkback rest)3x6e broomstick on back (1m)3x8e/25kg (1m)3x6e/20kg (1m)3x7/12.5kg (1m)3x10/10kg (1m)15min 65km/h pulse 137

Even though running quite slow, hard doing leg weights after running.

Going back to full body (kinda) for a while. Work is just too busy. Leaving early and getting home late.

Front Sq - 80 x 6,6,6,6,6 (2min rest)
Dips ss Chins - 10,8,6,4,2 each (no rest).
Rope Pulldown ss Cable curl - 15 x 12,12 each (no rest)

About 45 mins.

Squat 1 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 6 (amrap), 5 x 10 all sets superset with sit ups
Bench 1 x 5, 1 x 3, 1 x 6 (amrap), 5 x 10 all sets superset with pull ups
Bent over row 3 x 10 ss with barbel curls 3 x 10

body feeling a bit beat up today but still had a good workout. Cold nearly gone, about fken time.

A question if I may, how is that as many reps as possible?

Yes that is a good question. I am following Jim Wendlers 531 program and that's what it says. Do as many reps as poss, try to set a rep record for the weight but to not go to failure and leave one or two in the tank. I think the idea is to stimulate not anyalate !! I think it was just easier to call it an Amrap set rather than a do as a many as possible bit leave one in the tank set!!!!