• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What annoys you most about the fitness industry?

Scoopon Deals | Rocket Fitness Push-Up Pump, Delivered

^ crap like this!!

(Just had that pop into my inbox) .... So, instead of doing pushups... I can, do pushups, but with some pad pushing up against my chest? WTF!!?

Wtf is that??? $279 lmao such stooges!!

A1624A8C-AB5C-49B0-BA18-419CEC97B318-877-0000008AFD426B03_zps958689c6.jpg

^
When I see fat lady's in the supermarket being gullible and buying this but still have a trolley full of cookies n shit I chuckle and think about ripping them off with my own home made celebrity diet i could put them on!

Wtf is that??? $279 lmao such stooges!!

A1624A8C-AB5C-49B0-BA18-419CEC97B318-877-0000008AFD426B03_zps958689c6.jpg

^
When I see fat lady's in the supermarket being gullible and buying this but still have a trolley full of cookies n shit I chuckle and think about ripping them off with my own home made celebrity diet i could put them on!

Sing out if you want a business partner mate..

Gym staff who don't listen and/or try and tell you things you dont either want to hear, dont care about, or have heard before. Like little skinny blokes who say you should be doing this or you should be doing that when I am not a little skinny bloke. I go for a walk on the treadmill now and again if I have time, one was telling me I should put the incline up, easy for him, he his 50 kg soaking wet, to haul my lard arse up a huge incline is not real easy. Fortunately he his the only one of three that does it, Im just going to avoid him in future and go when he is not there.

People that always feel they need to tell you about a "mate" they have that is huge and benches 300kg+

People that tell you they are worried about getting too big.

Joining Fees!!!

Never pay for one.

I was a sales consultant (hate them too) after college and know all the sales tricks and the joining fee is the biggest load of crap of all. It's purely a bargaining tool, you heard the "if I talk to the manager and waive the joining fee, would you get started today?".

I got the manager at my gym to actually start charging a joining fee after advice from an external sales co-ordinator and convinced him to let me keep a percentage of the fee since he wouldn't believe people would pay it and people willfully handed over the cash. The business made an extra couple grand a week by joining fees alone.

90% of the fitness market is directed at Mrs Jones wanting to 'lose weight' and our job was to convince Mrs Jones that she needed a 'weight loss coach' and needed to start today to achieve her goals.

Simple sales speil.

Me - "Mrs Jones, how much would you pay to get the results you are after?'

Mrs Jones - "Anything!"

Me - "So Mrs Jones for the small weekly fee of $$$ can you see yourself starting to achieve your goals today?

Mrs Jones - "Yes"

Me - "I'll organise your paper work"

Haven't been in the industry for 10 years now and will never go back. Mind you, whenever someone who looked experienced walked in, I'd just show them what they wanted, gave them the price and let them make their own mind up, would always offer a discount joining fee though :)

I've actually learned more by being away from the industry as most PT's were AIF 12 week trained professionals. :rolleyes:

That everyone is an expert
It's the same with electricians, apparently everyone's a sparky. It would truly rustle my jimmies if I was a trainer or a sparky and people told me how to do my job when they are seeking my services

I'm lucky that people are generally technophobes

That everyone is an expert
It's the same with electricians, apparently everyone's a sparky. It would truly rustle my jimmies if I was a trainer or a sparky and people told me how to do my job when they are seeking my services

I'm lucky that people are generally technophobes

Although to be fair, cert IV in anything doesn't prove anything, I did Cert IV in management a retarded 4 year old with blindfold on could have passed it., so a trainer with a cert IV doesn't necessarily know more than anybody else