• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Just watched it......I feel apart of me just died. Not good when your hero does down.

Still has 10 fights to fulfil under his new contact but he doesn't want a title fight.
yeah he's burnt out. They'll be lining up for Weidman. Obviously he can punch and wrestle, its a good combination. Re-invigorates the 185lb division too.

Thinks Chael Sonnen should take some credit for setting the blueprint on how to beat Silva?

Last edited:
yeah he's burnt out. They'll be lining up for Weidman. Obviously he can punch and wrestle, its a good combination. Re-invigorates the 185lb division too.

Thinks Chael Sonnen should take some credit for setting the blueprint on how to beat Silva?

Way to much show boating at the end there just before he got hit on the chin. He usually counters well when he does that but he seemed to lose balance doing some form of matrix move.

Just watched the Victor Balfor fight to make me feel better. Best front kick to the face.

Way to much show boating at the end there just before he got hit on the chin. He usually counters well when he does that but he seemed to lose balance doing some form of matrix move.

Just watched the Victor Balfor fight to make me feel better. Best front kick to the face.
if he's still got 10 fights on his contract (wtf) whats he going to do, sit at number 1 contender and clean out the division again? Dana ain't gunna cop that! Must be going to move up to light heavy.

GSP v Sliva is all B.S.

if he's still got 10 fights on his contract (wtf) whats he going to do, sit at number 1 contender and clean out the division again? Dana ain't gunna cop that! Must be going to move up to light heavy.

GSP v Sliva is all B.S.

You don't waste a guy like him on prelim fights, like with Franklin I think there will be a rematch with Weidman if he doesn't change class.

Watched the fight. Was a bit disappointing, wanted to see anderson challenged but all we got was anderson being knocked out while doing his showboating and not much of a fight.

Things I noticed. Anderson never got to do his usual finding his range in the first round before he started the mucking around.
He stepped up the showboating even for his standards.
He wasn't countering. Fine to stick your head out and duck and weave, if you can do that, but you have to swing some decent punches eventually otherwise as we found out it only takes one and its all over.

Despite what he says I bet he wants the rematch. He always says weird shit.

If not then maybe light heavyweight, well if he did that would he get a title shot straight away or fight others first? Jones said he didn't want the super fight because it meant it would end one of their runs. Well Anderson doesn't need to worry about that now and if anderson went up to 205 means Jones wouldn't have much of a choice. Would be an interesting fight but I think Jones would destroy him.

Last edited:
Did anyone catch the announcement Dana White had in the post fight conference regarding GSP, Ronda Rousey and one other fighter (who's name has escaped me)?

I agree with Bazza20 in that the main event was a bit disappointing, I too was looking forward to seeing Silva callenged but a little to much showboating then a few seconds later a left hook right on the chin and it was all over.

I thought the Frankie Edgar and Mark Munoz fights were good viewing, also Cub Swanson looked the goods in his victory over Dennis Siver...

Yeah Silva says he's re-considering a rematch, wants time to think. He probably learnt a lesson. His showboating got retarded against Bonnar.

If he is going to fight Jones he better hurry up. The longer he leaves it the less likelihood he has of winning.

If the Jones match ever went ahead does anyone think Anderson has a chance at all?
has "a punchers chance" due to his stand up. But he certainly can't stuff around, plus he's not getting any younger and Jones is getting better.

Jones is quite a bit bigger, quite longer reach, probably better everywhere else than Silva. Jones also fights out of Jacksons and they'll come up with a strategy.

Jones a good favourite to win but Silva has a chance of catching him with either strikes or a sub.

WOW surprised after being away for 2 weeks and Anderson Silva getting KO'd in his 11th title defence for being stupid, nothing has been said.....

Some how i dont think Silva will be fighting with his hands down and inviting Weidman to punch him in the rematch......

Me either, it's going to be interesting to see how this fight goes down - nothing like the first one you would think.

Could be really bad for Silva's career if he goes down again though.

Only got to see the main event and Sonnen was really impressive, he was all over Shogun from the start.

From what i saw in The Insider it was Shogun that called Sonnen out so obviously that didnt go to plan...

Sonnen does talk some trash though - calling out Wanderlei Silva in front of everyone.. Will be interisting to see how that goes... Don't know if i'd like to go calling out a guy with a nickname like "the axe murderer"...

Would not surprise if the Reem does get cut, he hasnt exactly set the UFC on fire....

Sonnen did look great in what is not his natural weight class, Uriah Hall looked ordinary for someone with big expectations and i think he may have got a little ahead of himself after coming out of the Ultimate fighter even though he lost the final. Uriah Faber was great after he got taken down in the first 10 secs, after that it was all Faber...