• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yeah I just have no idea on that scorecard, maybe I have to have a look at the fight again, but how they have the last rd to Dos Santos is beyond me, Miocic was all over Dos Santos...

Anyone else think Dos Santos getting the decision over Miocic was an ordinary decision? Just finished watching the fight then and gave the win to Miocic...

Yep I thought the same thing...

There has been a few bad decisions of late. One judge in particular can't think of his name right now (the 3rd judge in the Lawler vs Hendricks II fight) seems to be doing some ridiculous scoring...

I saw you two were disputing the decision so tonight I sat down with a coffee, glass of milk and pen and paper and took a look at it with no sound.

Notes:

R1: 10-9 to JDS - better stand up, clinch fighting and takedown defence.
R2: 10-10, possibly 10-9 to Miocic. JDS better clinch fighting and takedown defence.
R3: 10-9 to JDS - reversal and knockdown
R4: 10-9 to JDS - stand up and takedown.
R5: 10-10 - possibly 10-9 to JDS due to clinch fighting.

JDS had the better standing. A lot of Miocic's takedown attempts were defensive ie. Miocic would get worried that JDS was winning the stand up, then Miocic would take the shot and JDS would stuff it or reverse it. Easy to attempt a takedown on JDS as he stands within Boxing range, but he would stuff it everytime almost.

Last edited:
I saw you two were disputing the decision so tonight I sat down with a coffee, glass of milk and pen and paper and took a look at it with no sound.

Notes:

R1: 10-9 to JDS - better stand up, clinch fighting and takedown defence.
R2: 10-10, possibly 10-9 to Miocic. JDS better clinch fighting and takedown defence.
R3: 10-9 to JDS - reversal and knockdown
R4: 10-9 to JDS - stand up and takedown.
R5: 10-10 - possibly 10-9 to JDS due to clinch fighting.

JDS had the better standing. A lot of Miocic's takedown attempts were defensive ie. Miocic would get worried that JDS was winning the stand up, then Miocic would take the shot and JDS would stuff it or reverse it. Easy to attempt a takedown on JDS as he stands within Boxing range, but he would stuff it everytime almost.

It's amazing how different a fight is when you watch it purely as a judge and not a spectator, It's even better if you turn off joe rogans bias commentary

It's amazing how different a fight is when you watch it purely as a judge and not a spectator, It's even better if you turn off joe rogans bias commentary

I think JDS had the heavier hands and that's why Miocic kept on shooting. If he managed to take JDS down it would have been in his favour, but most of his shots were stuffed or reversed. That's why I felt JDS got the better. But clinch fighting, it was all JDS.

Have you looked at it yet?

I think JDS got the win but it looked close to me, I have not rewatched it yet, I will some time over my time off

Anyone got a link to where I could re watch it? I've only watched it once and that was live.

I'd watch it again without the commentary to see if I see it any differently

The only problem with watching it again is that you already know the outcome therefore regardless how much you try it will always cloud your judgement...

I'm going for DC, I'd really like to see him put jones on his back and pound him out. Do I think it will happen like that? Probably not but it would be nice.

Big fan of cowboy so looking forward to watching him do his thing and hope he gets the win also...

Yeah i would love to see Jones KO'd, everyone seems to think he is a kunce so there has to be some truth having never me the guy myself.....

Round 2 - the other day. Couldn't believe Dana White walked away, almost happened again.

No love lost since the first altercation then..
Nice to see two guys who genuinely want to get in there and kill each other....

Dot think it would of have happened again they would be cained by Dana, too much too lose so close to a fight......

Dot think it would of have happened again they would be cained by Dana, too much too lose so close to a fight......

yeah I couldnt see many people doing that with Dana around, look what happened to paul dailey,

Im thinking of swinging a few bucks on DC, he is a tough unbeaten very smart fighter, I hope he doesnt come out to hard and fight on anger, If it wasnt for his friendship with cain he would have the HW belt now, as long as he keeps moving forward and doesnt give bones the space he needs to utilise his reach, it is going to be a close fight