• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yep agree.

Also notice since the tougher roid rules have been placed in many people have had terrible performances. Often coming in a lot less muscled. Overeem.

Vitor looks like an old man now.

Quite a few guys either look a little different or move a little different now since they upped the testing. l think we might start seeing bigger gaps between the top 1-5 guys in the division who are 'clean' vs the guys who gas up the the eye balls who now have to cut back. Wouldn't surprise me if quite a lot of guys seem to 'gas' out now without being on EPO or something similar.

Vitor looks like shit now, he'll still have quite a lot of power for the first round but l really hope Weidman just grapple fucks him for 5 rounds similar to what Fitch did to Erik Silva. Just break him down badly... l honestly think Mir was on the juice pretty hard as well around UFC 100 (l think?) when he faced brock for the second time and he blew up like a tick and now he's gone back to being a tad on the pudgy side, granted he's getting to the end now and l really don't want to see Nog vs Mir III at all...

Wandy also retired which was a good move, he was starting to become a bit of a joke with the failed tests and what not. UFC wandy is a shell of the steroid induced monster he was in pride...

KFG could be speaking out of turn and none of these guys could have taken anything but... c'mon....

Also, fuck Josh Samman and his gyno tits and cystic acne... Can't wait to see him get beaten down than popped for something post fight...

Fuck me I bet the top Bantemweights are shitting bricks, Cruz looked better than ever,
Kennedy fight was intense with a shit load of controversy(just watch it)
McGregor proved he worthy of a top 5 opponent(he better not get a shot, I think the winner of Cub/Edgar should face him for a shot)
Ceronne looked bloody great and seems to be getting better every fight,
abd Mighty Mouse pretty well did what everyone expected him to do against #8 ranked fighter
even the prelims were great, one of the better cards ive seem in a while

So far only watched the chicks fight. Cat Zingano was impressive in the end. Sadly I don't see her lasting much longer than a minute against Rousey.

What a great card…. As [MENTION=8962]ride29er[/MENTION]; said, one of the best I’ve seen in a while….

First up on the main card: Zingano vs Nunes: after a lot of talk from Nunes in the lead up to the fight saying she was going to knock Cat Zingano out she came out early and was all over Zingano in the early part of the first round but after surviving an early onslaught from Nunes, Zingano looked good. Nunes gassed pretty quickly and when Zingano was on the bottom she was attacking with armbar attempts and in the post fight although she said Nunes had her in trouble in the first she didn’t look to bad given the punishment she took in the first. Nunes on the other hand was a mess.

Yoel Romero was very lucky in the second fight to come away with the win under what can only be described as controversial circumstances. Kennedy had Romero virtually out on his feet at the end of the 2nd and he was saved by the bell. Romero’s corner deliberately delayed the start of the 3rd round which after finally coming out Romero overwhelmed Kennedy with strikes and the fight was stopped.
It looks like Kennedy plans to appeal the outcome of this fight: Rep says Tim Kennedy plans to protest outcome of Yoel Romero bout at UFC 178 | MMAjunkie after Romero admitted post fight that he couldn’t get up – will have to see how that pans out.

Conor McGregor made it look easy over Dustin Porier in just 1 min and 46 sec after talking all week in the press saying he was going to do just that. Really impressed with this performance – he was throwing all sorts of kicks to which Porier had no answer and walked away with a performance of the night bonus for his troubles.

In the co main event Donald Cerrone looked good after coming out slow (as always) in the first and absorbing a pretty decent flurry and some dirty boxing in the clinch from Alvarez, really kept chopping away at the lead leg of Alvarez throughout the fight which in the 3rd caused Alvarez to go down, Cerrone followed him to the mat and got a little bit of ground and pound on him and it was a pretty easy unanimous decision win in the end.

In the main event it was pretty clear that Mighty Mouse was a league ahead of Carioso. Didn’t take long until Carioso was taken down, DJ secured a kimura and forced Carioso to tap.

Another highlight on the card was the return of Dominic Cruz who stopped Takeya Mizugaki in just 1:01 with a relentless barrage of strikes and as a result will face TJ Dillishaw in his next bout for the Bantamweight title: UFC 178 winner Dominick Cruz to get title shot against champ T.J. Dillashaw | MMAjunkie

KFG enjoyed the Sunday morning festivities.

l missed the first 3 bouts as they just didn't interest me in the slightest and by the looks of write ups l didn't miss much. Apparently Manny was being soundly beaten before locking up the guillotine. l think Manny should focus more on coaching before getting his head thoroughly kicked in.

The Wonderboy / Cote fight didn't live up to what l thought it would. l was hoping Cote was going to rough him up more against the fence or work some take downs again showing Thomsons lack of depth anywhere besides outside range. Thompson will never do anything too special and even after 4 straight l don't really want to see him against a top 10 style fighter. Maybe a fight with Mike Pyle? or Jordan Lafare once he comes back would be okay.

The Masvidal vs Krause fight was pretty entertaining in parts. Krause isn't exactly cream of the crop but Masvidal is a nice top 10 gate keeper who can provide exciting enough fights when called upon. He 'may' be on the cusp of a top 10 spot but l don't see him beating anyone in the top 10 bar Myles Jury who l'm not really sold on still.

Cruz fight was awesome. He got hit a few times which is fair enough as he's been out of the cage for a long time but he actually finished a fight which is nice. The Tj fight should be exciting and would have a nice story line to it as well. Who ever wins will be a notch above the rest l feel. MM said he want's a Cruz fight if he has the belt which l'm fine with as it would see MM get beat down again/...

l'll try re cap some of the main card fights with more detail later on.

You called it... It's so hard for these older guys to compete. 42 years old and still fighting guys in their prime? You just can't do it, there aren't many if any UFC guys who l think can get to the Bernard Hopkins level.... These new drug tests are really fucking people up...

He's fought the same 2 guys for the last 4 years... Little annoying now with all these injuries and rematches.

Mark Hunt is 300+ pounds now apparently as well... Fucking heavyweights.

Made a shitty list on when the last fight was for the current UFC champs / and or their next scheduled fight...

Mighty Mouse - UFC 178
TJ - UFC 177
ALDO - UFC 169 - FEBRUARY 2014
PETTIS - UFC 164 - AUGUST 2013
HENDRICKS - UFC 171
WEIDMAN - UFC 175
JONES - UFC 172
CAIN - UFC 166 - OCTOBER 2013

Cain has no one even close to him to fight, a bit of JDS died in that last fight, no one else is remotely on his level, Hendricks I can't stand, I don't even know why but he urks me, he thinks his standup is on par, I hope he gets matched with hector soon, I think hector will finish him in round 1,

I cannot wait for this weekend, Aldo is my favourite fighter, he has seemed a bit un motivated lately, hopwfully with the smack talk and connor climbing the ladder he is fired up and WEC Aldo comes back,

Injuries, injuries and more injuries in the UFC, getting beyond the joke.

What are people thoughts. The tougher drug testing has a lot of people coming off the gear and now getting injured?

A lot of blokes seem to be suspiciously losing a lot of size.

Probably a little of that. You cant train the same way when youre off gear, you just cant recover quick enough.

I do want to see what Vitor looks like at the weigh ins though.

Might see a few more fighters 'gassing' as well if they havent epo'd themselves to the gills before fighting.