• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Took a look at it. Styles make fights so not completely unexpected.

I suspect I know what people are alluding too, but in my opinion no.

lol.

Just watching it now, Gus and Rumble bout to start........

and yeah next week should be a cracker, just hoping Nick comes in with his head right and gives a great show......

Looks like everyone is talking about it so I'll expand on my previous post.

While not knowing a lot about Johnson, I'd say Jones would start a very good favourite. If DC, Teixeira, Belfort and Rampage couldn't get to Jones's chin I can't see someone like Johnson doing so.

The only wild card here is this new drugs drama Jones is having and how that effects him.

To be fair though I think Teixera has been exposed, Belfort doesn't seem the same since dropping the test and off trt, Rampage well past his prime I'm thinking and DC did OK, Gus did the best job against Jones and Rumble had no troubles with Gus, so for mine it should be a food fight and while I agree Jones should start favorite Rumble is very dangerous especially since returning to the ufc

To be fair though I think Teixera has been exposed, Belfort doesn't seem the same since dropping the test and off trt, Rampage well past his prime I'm thinking and DC did OK, Gus did the best job against Jones and Rumble had no troubles with Gus, so for mine it should be a food fight and while I agree Jones should start favorite Rumble is very dangerous especially since returning to the ufc

Belfort was still on TRT when he fought Jones and Texeira and Rampage are hard hitters. Does Johnson have a ground game to handle Jones?

Also linear champions have never been real champions so just because Johnson took out Gus doesn't mean Johnson would do well against Jones. I wonder if Jones's weakness is long range fighters like Gus, not punchers.

Yeah I'm not sure I just know Rumble has been a completely different fighter since returning to the ufc, and has beaten everyone he has fought quite convincingly including Gus who gave Jones has toughest fight, not saying that Rumble will do the same to Jones because he beat Gus just saying it should be a good fight, pretty sure Jones has a good ground game he just hasn't had to us it yet.

Rumble is also on the crest of the wave about to hit his prime. He's confident and doesn't doubt himself, which the other fighters would have done at some point. If Jones takes it to the ground I doubt rumble will have an answer.

Jones is levels above the rest, I can see rumble knocking him out, but I won't be putting money on it, does anyone think rumble would beat DC?

Yeah reckon Anderson will lose his shit coz of Diaz's shit talking. Or has Diaz finally pulled his head in?

Round 1: "Diaz drops his hands to his waist, says a few more words and then lies down on the ground. Back up comes Diaz, now turning around to show Silva his posterior. Referee McCarthy warns both men to fight."

Round 2: "Diaz misses with a pair of high kicks as Silva backpedals, and now Diaz bends over to show the ex-champ his rear again."

I guess that answers the question of Diaz's maturity.

hehe was pretty entertaining. i thought diaz won a few rounds tho...

nick did better than i thought he would

edit: the woodley fight was the only boring one, great day of fights.

The Silva fight pretty much went as expected. Diaz was putting on a show being a tough guy, gets cracked and the games stop. Diaz didn't go for take downs, take control of the fight, throw combinations or anything that would put Silva in danger. You could see Silva was a little hesitant, but loosened up as the fight went on. I think he just wanted some time in the cage to get a feel for it. And lol about Diaz thinking he won the fight after being dominated again.