• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[MartialArts] UFC 121 - Lesnar vs Velasquez

What don't you get?

Well its a long line between F=ma all the way to going into metabolic processess in 1 paragraph because its not that simple nor is it a straight line between the two disciplines to explain. Thats the simplest way I can say it without writing a thesis when I have enough article and review assignments at the moment. I can't help but think from more than one perspective.

Does anyone think we shall soon see Velasquez getting dominated. I dont really rate him. I believe Junior Dos Santos will show him up.

Agreed. I thought JDS might struggle against lesnar because if he got taken down he would be in trouble, but now that he is fighting cain I'm pretty confident he will do well. His striking is unreal :D

Yeh I could not be fucked going into it in detail either. Read Science and Practice of Strength Training for all the info I can not be bothered summarising. It links both the biomechanical and physiological aspects and goes into good detail.

Yeh I could not be fucked going into it in detail either. Read Science and Practice of Strength Training for all the info I can not be bothered summarising. It links both the biomechanical and physiological aspects and goes into good detail.

I'm one of those freaks that prefers journal articles and then reading their sources etc. The only whole books I read at the moment are the textbooks I have to - which is basically animal biology, chemistry, physics and anthropology. I have a pile of books taller than me to read yet that have nothing to do with nothing but I've been given them and told to read them.

The more I learn, the more I just don't trust anything I read without cross checking and knowing who funded it, hence my reading and research style.

Aussie cfc is pretty good, you do get some shit fights, but like most things in australia, there's not enough money in it.

I dont really get all the Lesnar hate, from what I have seen he's been very humble in his wins and this loss. Every ufc fighter talks themselves up pre match, its part of the drama that they push so much! I love to watch him, he's a mammoth and thats what most people want to see, I would of passed out with fear if he charged me the way he did towards Velasquez at the very beginning of round 1! Man that was scary

I dont really get all the Lesnar hate, from what I have seen he's been very humble in his wins and this loss. Every ufc fighter talks themselves up pre match, its part of the drama that they push so much! I love to watch him, he's a mammoth and thats what most people want to see, I would of passed out with fear if he charged me the way he did towards Velasquez at the very beginning of round 1! Man that was scary

They don't all talk themselves up. Some of 'em are easy going and nice about their opponents and even god forbid realistic about their chances. That impresses me.

These guys put it on the line for real ,how do people hate these guys i just do not understand them , so when you fight like they do you have to be realistic thats for sure.i can only say they have some balls to do what they do , they make other contact sports look a bit poor ,

Hopefully people don't hate anyone, hopefully they just get annoyed a bit by how they act a little cocky or arrogant. Dan hardy can be an arrogant annoying prick at times but he is actual quite humble in defeat and does not seem that bad.

Most people aren't as bad as we take them for when only seeing them on TV, I am sure Brock is not really that bad as The Rock is his friend and Dwayne Johnson is just fucking awesome and wouldnt be friends with a complete tool.

I reserve hate for people who really deserve it like the band Hanson and Justin Bieber. :D

If you hate them as a person based on their persona portrayed by the media alone then it makes you arrogant or shallow too. If you hate their persona only, based on the same reasons, then thats slightly different. I have a fair bit of experience with the media and know how far the truth is from the story thats often presented. Thats from personal experience many times, different locations, different media outlets.

So I don't hate Lesnar. I don't overly like the persona he portrays and the UFC portrays him as. There's a big difference there.

I've had this argument countless times with people that bag the shit out of somebody because they read something in the Daily Telegraph or New Idea or watched ACA.

Why do they needs persona's? Why can't they be themselves and still fight? I hate this persona shit.

It's not WWE FFS?

Why do they needs persona's? Why can't they be themselves and still fight? I hate this persona shit.

It's not WWE FFS?

Welcome to the modern world and media. No matter what, unless you know the person you will only get the picture given by the media. For some reason people like this. That I can't explain. They don't need it and I agree. I just want to see them fight.

I like Lyoto 'The Dragon' Machida*.
He just gets down to business, none of that bullshit.
When's he fighting again?

Last edited:

It's not WWE FFS?

Agreed.

When contracted to the UFC, you are required to do the media showings etc, and the presenters would be asking questions which point toward creating the controversies. This in turn creates interest, and hence profits.

I like Lyoto 'The Dragon' Machida*.
He just gets down to business, none of that bullshit.
When's he fighting again?

Machida is awesome, definately one of my favourites.

I'm pretty sure he has the record for the least hit fighter in the UFC.

Machida is awesome, definately one of my favourites.

I'm pretty sure he has the record for the least hit fighter in the UFC.

100% agree with both of these sentences. He is probably still my favourite fighter. I was pretty disappointed when he lost to Shogun Rua, but the guy has so much skill I think he's capable of beating him at some point in the future (even though Rua in reality won both of their previous fights - the first decision to Lyoto was a bad call).

Machida is an absolute artist and tactician as a fighter, very interesting guy to watch fight. His next fight is headlining UFC 123 against Quinton "Rampage" Jackson on Nov 20 (Sunday 21st our time). Rampage is an elite level fighter but I'd expect Machida to win that one.

They're having UFC 122 the weekend before but it's a bit of an underwhelming card. Main event is Nate Marquardt vs Yushin Okami. They're both good fighters but geez they're not the usual high profile you would expect from the main event of a card.

The UFC 123 co-main event is BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes which should be a good one. I'm not a huge fan of either of these guys, but I hope BJ smashes Hughes.

Last edited:
Rampage v Machida would be very interesting, both are elusive. It could turn into a stale mate...LOL.

Rampage v Machida would be very interesting, both are elusive. It could turn into a stale mate...LOL.

If Rampage is on form and can and chooses to catch/rush Machida then I'd give Rampage the edge. The "If" is the factor. Rampage can be the predator whereas Machida never is.

I've been unimpressed lately with both (don't get me wrong, they would both still snap me in half).