• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[MartialArts] UFC 121 - Lesnar vs Velasquez

Hate to spoil it for you guys but Cain Velasquez is about to lose his belt. His next fight is Junior Dos Santos and he is gonna get knocked the **** out.

Hate to spoil it for you guys but Cain Velasquez is about to lose his belt. His next fight is Junior Dos Santos and he is gonna get knocked the **** out.

Hate to spoil it for you, this is the Velasquez vs Lesnar thread, take your comments elsewhere.

Found it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHIOTPFzNO0]YouTube - Lesnar vs Velasquez[/ame]

Wow, Velasquez absolutely destroyed him.

Thanks Ben.

Wow, he really did destroy Lesnar.
Lesnar was in trouble as soon as he could not hold Valesquez down. Top stuff.

Last edited:
Velasquez finished the job Carwin started, Lesnar has been really unimpressive in his last 2 fights now although he did battle for the Carwin win. Good to see someone else get up but i have a feeling Lesnar will be back with a vengeance.

Lesnar is a poor striker with terrible defensive skills, Velasquez punished him easily in the stand up.

Hate to spoil it for you, this is the Velasquez vs Lesnar thread, take your comments elsewhere.
hahahaha you crack me up :D I can't say I wasn't surprised when I heard Cain won, I thought he had barely done enough to qualify let alone beat lesnar. The heavy weight division is easily the most exciting in the ufc at the moment, so many big knockouts

The heavy weight division is easily the most exciting in the ufc at the moment, so many big knockouts

Incorrect. Light Heavy and Middle Weight are a lot more exciting than Heavy. Too much gassing and lack of well-rounded skill. It is fun to watch a couple behemoths slug it out, but if one doesn't go down it then becomes a hugging match for the next 2-4 rounds.

In saying that I was surprised by Lesnars arm-triangle against Carwin, but that was more due to luck and the big guy tiring himself out completely.

If anyone else got the card, did they find it as slow as I did? There was a couple of good fights, though all but 2 went to descision.

Good job Cain.

I was surprised by how utterly...nothing Cain seemed after winning. His trainers/handlers/team where all going nuts/crying what ever. He was just standing there like he'd finished a sparring session. Almost underwhelmed.

That the smugness you're talking about Chew?

I was surprised by how utterly...nothing Cain seemed after winning. His trainers/handlers/team where all going nuts/crying what ever. He was just standing there like he'd finished a sparring session. Almost underwhelmed.

That the smugness you're talking about Chew?

I guess it is. Like its a walk in the park (which it may be). I'm not talking about a Diego Sanchez type behaviour - thats way beyond smugness (maybe beyond crazy :) ). I might see that as smugness whereas another sees it simply as a calmness. I haven't seen this fight BTW.

I guess I would've just liked to see Carwin win last time.

Just watched the fight. Did not notice the smugness that I've noticed before by either fighter. Lesnar gassed out very early on, making me wonder if he has recovered properly after his illness. I've never rated him - except he is big, strong and can usually take a hit. He does not have as many of the skills others in his division have. Again, just my opinion.

Diego v. Thiago was a ridiculous fight. It was back and forth with a pretty big finish, albeit descion. But only just. A few seconds longer and it would've been a TKO.

I forget the name of the two in one of the other fights. It was the only fight with a black guy in it. Finished with an Anaconda choke quite quickly. That was an impressive display.

Incorrect. Light Heavy and Middle Weight are a lot more exciting than Heavy. Too much gassing and lack of well-rounded skill. It is fun to watch a couple behemoths slug it out, but if one doesn't go down it then becomes a hugging match for the next 2-4 rounds.

Yeah I agree the light and middle weight has a lot more roundedness and technicality, but the middleweight is currently being dominated by Anderson Silva and I'm happy with that because he's a great fighter. I suppose I find the heavyweight so entertaining because of the size of fighters, brock outweighed cain by 20lbs but cain was a better all round fighter and just annihilated him

Lesnar was always goin to lose sooner than l8ter. He's currently not a well rounded fighter. But in saying that, someone will beat cain soon. Just the way ufc is