• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
when i was at monash uni, a few leading professors would always want to know why I was so anti-communist when I also noted weaknesses within capitalism.

pretty simple too me; any system that downplays the rights of individuals and protects a supposed superior elite is abhorrent to myself.

liberal democracy, for all of its faults, is 'the' most progressive and fair system.

I suspect going from a somewhat Capitalist Society to a Communist Society would be harder would it not? Don't toe the line ie. litter on the sidewalk etc, you wind up in the Gulag don't you!

Trump directly accusing Obama of tapping Trump Tower. When he doesn't have a shred of evidence of it, his Press Aids claim "you have to discern when Trump is joking or being factual".

Dodgey kunt.

pretty simple too me; any system that downplays the rights of individuals and protects a supposed superior elite is abhorrent to myself.

I was talking more about the pure theory of communism, not the reality of how it's interpreted by rich fukkers or meglomaniacs like Putin or Castro.

Same with democracy. The pure theory is fine, it just gets screwed up by capitalists and all those Trumps out there.

Here's a picture of a democratic purist:

626284-8bb9382a-db24-11e3-917f-8bca2ad8cf46.jpg

Another way to look at it is to examine iron ore. Who owns it? Is it not the property of the citizens of the country? (Just ignore, for a moment, the hippy philosophy that no one owns the earth, OK?) So, when it's sold, who should get the lion's share? If you sell your house, you might pay a small percentage to a real estate agent but you get most of it, right?

What's the reality? A pittance is paid back via tax. It's worse for oil and gas. It's not like it's melting away like the Antarctic ice shelf. If we don't mine it now, it will be there for the next generation. So why sell it off so cheap and give most of it to people like Clive Palmer and Gina Rhinehart?

Communisim, in it's pure form, would have most of the profit, after operating expenses, returned to the people to pay for health care, roads, schools, pensions, etc.

But of course that doesn't happen. Neither does it in a democratic/captialistic society. Instead, pensioners are asked to pay $7 to go see a doctor while Gina has a doctor on staff full time. Or Apple and Google shift their profits off shore, screwing us of enough tax dollars to clear the deficit.

Either system is all good until humans get involved.

Another way to look at it is to examine iron ore. Who owns it? Is it not the property of the citizens of the country? (Just ignore, for a moment, the hippy philosophy that no one owns the earth, OK?) So, when it's sold, who should get the lion's share? If you sell your house, you might pay a small percentage to a real estate agent but you get most of it, right?

What's the reality? A pittance is paid back via tax. It's worse for oil and gas. It's not like it's melting away like the Antarctic ice shelf. If we don't mine it now, it will be there for the next generation. So why sell it off so cheap and give most of it to people like Clive Palmer and Gina Rhinehart?

Communisim, in it's pure form, would have most of the profit, after operating expenses, returned to the people to pay for health care, roads, schools, pensions, etc.

But of course that doesn't happen. Neither does it in a democratic/captialistic society. Instead, pensioners are asked to pay $7 to go see a doctor while Gina has a doctor on staff full time. Or Apple and Google shift their profits off shore, screwing us of enough tax dollars to clear the deficit.

Either system is all good until humans get involved.
I'm not aware of any example in history where the state has been able to efficiently and effectively perform this function.

I know you were speaking in theoretical terms btw

I'm not aware of any example in history where the state has been able to efficiently and effectively perform this function.

I know you were speaking in theoretical terms btw

I certainly agree with that. Life is full of great ideas that don't work in the real world.

“We can’t own anything,” Da Xia spoke. She then paused before adding, “Well, I can own my notebook.” She then flipped the book down upon the table that sat in front of us as though it wasn’t even worth the right to own. “People sometimes spend all the money they’ve ever made on their home,” the 28 year old teacher continued, “then after 70 years the government takes it back from them.”

People don’t own their homes in China. They don’t own property. The federal government owns it all.

http://www.vagabondjourney.com/private-property-ownership-in-china-amounts-to-leasing/

I was listening to Right Wing Red Neck Radio (Macquarie News Network) this morning and heard some Real Estate Hoodoo Guru say its 25% Chinese buy ups atm.