• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Torn between CrossFit & Strength Training

I'm pretty sure they were all elite level athletes before joining CF. I know Khalipa was definitely a monster pre CF.

Chan was a swimmer and water polo player, not elite level, and a fire fighter
Froning was a baseball player, not elite level, probably had the chance to progress but choose Crossfit over baseball was a fire fighter to pay his way through college
Khalipa was a gym rat, not elite level, more of monster now then ever before

Does it matter what they were pre Crossfit, they clearly are still gaining muscle and strenght

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the box. Good coaches program periodised strength work along with their WODs. Shit coaches just make shit up and try to out hardcore each other.

Real shit coaches just follow the daily workout Crossfit.com put up daily,

ok enough already , i will say it once last time , if you aren't interested in crossfit then please stay out of the threads , tired of the us vs crossfit arguements

Only one small study has been conducted on CrossFit injury rates, and it showed a rate of 3.1 injuries per 1,000 training hours, which is similar to those reported for Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting.

Only one small study has been conducted on CrossFit injury rates, and it showed a rate of 3.1 injuries per 1,000 training hours, which is similar to those reported for Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting.

Welcome to page 6....

So every 41 days 3 people get injured , fuck sounds deadly

Hi guys, thanks for the responses; its been 6 weeks since starting 2 cross fit and one mobility class per week plus my usual 5x5 compound lifts.
Before I started, I could not squat below parallel doing 60kgs (pretty sad huh). Struggled to do 25kg military presses as well.

6 weeks later, while there is till loads more to do with my mobility, I can report the following:
1. Can now squat below parellel and have been slowly increasing the weight by 2.5kg each session up to a current weight of 75kg using good form.
2. Can do military presses (only just!) at 40kgs and felt f..ng could when I did not fail on the 5th rep of the 5th set.
3. Benching is currently easy at 62.5kg and deadlifts ok at 85kg so far.
4. Getting better and lasting longer at crossfit: I can say that the box I am at tends to favours strength type moves with not much kipping or long cardio moves. Infact, the most cardio we did was 5 sets of 500m runs.

5. Lost loads of weight around my hips / stomach, but get this, I actually put on more weight (from 87.2 to 88.3kg) in 6weeks.

And have to admit a small injury, not because of crossfit but due to my lack of attention while holding a 20kg bar and being an idiot with it. If you want to know what 20kg feels like falling plush on your foot, come and see me. What was surprising is my recovery time, the bruise was gone in less than two days.

Of course still a long way to go in terms of strength gains, but will keep going and loving it.:)

I like the idea of using the metabolic conditioning type training to improve fitness. but xrossfit is dumb.

Not dumb, but too expensive for cheapskate like me, when (if I wanted to) subscribe to their WOD by simply logging online and doing it at my own leisure at the gym.