• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Torn between CrossFit & Strength Training

Its just common sense. If you want to get bbing big the CF is counterproductive by virtue of its heavy cardio load.

But...but.. Mr Glassman promised me that crossfit would make me a better BB than a natty BB, and give me a 700b deadlift, he not lie to me?

eje7uvyg.jpg
a4a2aty9.jpg

You will never get bodybuilding big doing Crossfit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkoz, what you and I know is that most kids just look at what their idols are doing right now, and not looking back at what they've done to get where they are now.

0ni is the perfect example of this.

sorry 0ni

Darkoz, what you and I know is that most kids just look at what their idols are doing right now, and not looking back at what they've done to get where they are now.

0ni is the perfect example of this.

sorry 0ni

I know Andy but I like giving Freako shit

I was under the impression that all of the strong crossfitters do routines like any other athlete, and not WODs. I know that one of the local boxes always does a 5/3/1 main lift before their WOD for example.

I used to do 2 WOD's a week, then have an upper day and lower body day, of just compound lifts

I was under the impression that all of the strong crossfitters do routines like any other athlete, and not WODs. I know that one of the local boxes always does a 5/3/1 main lift before their WOD for example.

Wod is just workout of the day, some Crossfit gyms program cardio everyday but any good place will incorporate heavy lifting as deadlifts squats and presses are major parts of competitive Crossfit, it all depends on the gym but anyone who wants to compete at a decent level needs a good squat dl ect, people don't realise that heavy lifting is a lot more important than Kipping pull-ups, for some reason so many people are caught on the stupid idea that Crossfit is just Kipping pull-ups and high rep Olympic lifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the box. Good coaches program periodised strength work along with their WODs. Shit coaches just make shit up and try to out hardcore each other.