• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yay finally have something to contribute to this :)

The gym I go to at the moment is focussed on these "Boxing for Fitness" classes - great classes, lots of fun and a really good general conditioning session. There is one guy that I've noticed though who does the classes regularly, and EVERY time he then proceeds to the weights area after the class, takes the bar from the bench press, sits down at the lat pulldown station, loads between 5-15kg on the bar (total - and no consistency to how much he puts on there... some days he's got 2.5 on each end, other days theres 7.5 - always with the locking collars on to stop the plates falling off :p) and proceeds to do forearm curls.

He never does ANYTHING else - just sits there for 10-20 minutes cranking out his forearm curls, packs it all up again and goes home.

It probably wouldn't seem so strange if (1) He ever did anything else; or, (2) if he just used one of the pre-set barbells on the rack right next to where he sits to do this every time...

LOL.

That planche sort of dude is farkin' impressive. I LOVE that stuff. Unfortunately, it's rare to see anyone with a larger lower body doing anything half decent. Ever wondered why all the barstarrz guys wear massive baggy pants :p

And canvas shoes FTW. Barefoot always at home but if I go to a gym then it's either canvas flats, volleys or these sweet as wetsuit material boat shoes. (used them in strongman comp actually)

Instead of my usual judgmental posts about gym idiots, I thought I'd post photos of my new gym, which was just about empty from 11-1 today.

20130716_111327_zps8eb876a4.jpg

20130716_114737_zpsded25305.jpg

20130716_130725_zps213fe132.jpg

20130716_115559_zpsf3d34de8.jpg

20130716_131029_zps180d24fe.jpg

20130716_112023_zps554583a2.jpg

some spank with the leg press FULLY loaded with teh spring stopper 2 holes down, so 3inch rom..and he basically was letting it bounce off the spring, the kicker was he had his dad??? recording his 2 reps at a time, failing on the second one each time..

what a waste of time.

and he didnt unload it, tos.

Some weird shit goin down at Snap Fitness today. Guy standing in between the cables, both cables set to the lowest point, squatting down, then standing up, and doing a shrug at the top.

Too many young guys lifting too much and then when I tried to give advice I got laughed at because I AM a girl. Then they shut up when I was working out, I think they thought I was on my way to the treddy, then one of the idiots walked straight into my front raise, oops sorry it hit your head.

Some weird shit goin down at Snap Fitness today. Guy standing in between the cables, both cables set to the lowest point, squatting down, then standing up, and doing a shrug at the top.

Why would u ever even train at snap? Lol

Today I saw a middle aged man doing that.

Also saw some decent deadlifting and benching, which was nice for a change.

I didmt think you gym would have a bosu ball.

Your gym looks awesome by the way. Old school hard work type. Not like the shiny fitness center I go. Where all the personal trainers justify to their clients why they dont lift heavy things up and put them down.

I didmt think you gym would have a bosu ball.

Your gym looks awesome by the way. Old school hard work type. Not like the shiny fitness center I go. Where all the personal trainers justify to their clients why they dont lift heavy things up and put them down.

Yeah I'm surprised it does. It has lots of good gear.. heaps of barbells, dumbbells up to 70 kg, racks, and some cool old nautilus machines.. but yeah still has bosu balls for people to do their dumbbell curls on.

Now he's boasting about how he squatted 200. Didn't even do one full rep..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

^^ as far as boasting about "squatting" 200 thats pretty shit BUT as far as them doing 1/4 ROM squats off a box/bench its more for power, explosive training. A lot of sports training doesnt require as much emphasis on full ROM squatting versus powerful explosive strength in certain areas of the ROM.

Lots of football players train this way, it seems counterproductive to a lifter but there is a purpose behind it as far as specific sports training. Thats not to say that they shouldnt still train full ROM squats as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374367188.697215.jpg

I see this milf every Sunday morning at the gym, works her arse off, lifts heavy and solid but then undoes all my respect for her with this.....

^^ as far as boasting about "squatting" 200 thats pretty shit BUT as far as them doing 1/4 ROM squats off a box/bench its more for power, explosive training. A lot of sports training doesnt require as much emphasis on full ROM squatting versus powerful explosive strength in certain areas of the ROM.

Lots of football players train this way, it seems counterproductive to a lifter but there is a purpose behind it as far as specific sports training. Thats not to say that they shouldnt still train full ROM squats as well.

Hmm I really don't see how it could be more beneficial than doing full range of motion squats with lighter weight and building explosive strength through the whole ROM.

What dafuq has box squatting and quarter reps got to do with being explosive???