• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Finally saw a guy curl in the rack the other day at my gym. I felt like slapping him one because it was only a 30kg BB curls.

In other news I saw this guy squat today and it looked ugly as. Oh wait that was me and my tight hip fucking up my former nice smooth squat.

Today I was in the gym from about 2:30-4pm. The gym I go to is on the other side of the fence from the local high school, so all the 16-year-old boys after the broceps came out. I was doing power cleans, and a kid stepped into the bar rack and started doing curls. I honestly had the urge to dump the weight and start yelling abuse at the kid. But the urge was resisted, which is probably a good thing...right?

Along with that, some 40yo man was teaching his 14yo son how to lift. Saw plenty of shoddy DB incline presses, they kept getting in my way while I was doing my cleans, and not a squat was found in sight.

When I was about to leave, as I was filling up my drink bottle, I noticed some jailbait on the treadmills. Bloody kids making me feel like a creeper.

Today, I saw something - and I say this without any sarcasm - that was so funny I forgot how to laugh.

Preacher bench in the power rack.

My lol reflex is just starting to return.

two skinny indie blokies dressed like their going to the beach (shorts and singlet fair enough but thongs?) benching 60lb dumbbells with bad form, grunting when weights are going back up and throwing them when they cant do any more reps for attraction points #faglife

what's wrong with lifting in thongs?

284473_247101985318041_100000547242479_905929_6099380_n.jpg

when they have no form and after finishing sets throwing dumbbells on the floor without even picking their feet up? you do the math for possible bad results lol

My gym rearranged there weight room again, the 3 chinup bars bolted to the wall now have 3 awesome machines underneath so that nobody can use them. They couldn't arrange it so at least one was available for people to use?

Oh and the power rack has a table next to it, so when you squat for any decent depth the plates hit the table. Lucky nobody squats anything close to parallel

My gym rearranged there weight room again, the 3 chinup bars bolted to the wall now have 3 awesome machines underneath so that nobody can use them. They couldn't arrange it so at least one was available for people to use?

Oh and the power rack has a table next to it, so when you squat for any decent depth the plates hit the table. Lucky nobody squats anything close to parallel

Quaility, well thought out decisions on managements behalf....

Saw possibly the hottest chick ever in the gym today doing squats. There is nothing hotter than seeing a glamor squatting in the gym. Unfortunately the boyfriend was directly behind her guiding her up and down... basically dry rooting her. I lasted for 5 minutes as I couldn't concentrate. Cannot handle that shit when trying to lift a barbell above my head.

some guy who talks to me when im at the gym, probably 20 something, shirt sleeved up, no muscle ect. you get it - the mr tough guy.

Everytime he comes to talk to me he always says hes a bit sick, not going hard. He tells me he benches 140kg and can get 100kg for 8 reps (never even seen him do this, maybe once doing 100kg - with his spotter hands on bar of course). So he asked me to spot him, he gets to about 3 reps on 70kg on incline bench, i have to pull it hard off him cause he fails. He then gets up and says oh yeah the pt made me do some push ups before, i said how much, he said... 8!

I didn't even see him doing any pushups though lol! And really how could 8 pushups affect his bench so much. 140kg 1rm on bench my arse

Those guys you gotta weigh up whether they're annoying you enough to cause a scene by calling them out.

9/10 the answer is no

not worth it, even if there is someone who is worse. I don't want to have everyone judge/hate me, i just want to work out

^ haha yeah i'm well aware of that, my point is you can this tell just by the number's his claiming.

It always seems to be the 'little' guys in the gym that have an attitude and need to throw weights around unneccessarily just to prove their self-worth. There is one or two that I am about to have a chat to...